Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Blue pilled author Mark Manson gives NEET some white pills and helps him out

Don't care about fatcels. Stop eating, I'm a NEET and maintain my weight at 170lbs

Don't care about fatcels. Stop eating, I'm a NEET and maintain my weight at 170lbs

The wider public still hasn't caught up to what behavioral genetics has concluded about weight. I have argued about these things with people before and generally it seems most are very invested in their views on the topic.

The reality is that twin/adoption studies both found the same trend through differend methods. Some data points to illustrate, shamelessly stolen from Robert Plomin's book "Blueprint":

Twin studies:
> Weight of Identical Twins reared apart (~100% same genes, completly differend enviorment) correlates at 0.73 - 0.75
---> "The Swedish Adoption/Twin Study of Aging", "The Minnesota Study of Twins Reared Apart"
> Correlation between identical twins (reared together) for weight is 0.84, for non-identical twins it's 0.55
---> "The Twins Early Development Study"
> This estimates heritability at 58%, but is estimating heritability for adolescents and heritability increases with age
> Heritability of weight based on research done on adult twin pairs is ~80%

Adoption studies:
> In general the correlation between weight of parents and their biological children is ~30%
> Between weight of adopted childern and their new parents it's close to 0 !
> Biological siblings: 30% correlation
> Two children adopted into the same home: ~0% correlation
> Just to make this clear: The correlation for the weight of two children adopted into the same home, living in the same area, getting served the same food by the same parents, going to the same schools and spending a lot of time together is close to 0. Nada. Nothing.
> For these adopted children the correlation between their own weight and the weight of their biological mothers remains at ~0.3
> Meaning despite not living with their mothers since shortly after their birth, there still exists just as strong a correlation between their weight and their parent's weight as for normal children who are reared by their biological parents

All of this points to the conclusion that weight is mostly about genes and enviorment has little influence. This might be the case because genes determine how well your body regulates appetite. Or how easily you put on weight. Or something else. But that genes play a major role, and very likely a bigger role than the eviorment, for how fat or slim you grow up to be is really no longer up for debate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back