Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting [Blogpost] I hate Japanese endings

Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
Just finished Miman Renai for the second time (the manga from my signature). The story is absolutely awesome, better than all classic novels I've read tbh, but the ending is disappointing. Waaay too little boldness and it doesn't give you a full sense of closure. Also not really realistic, contrasting with the deeply realistic early chapters that really immersed you into the story.

I hate this feeling because it's just like listening to a song that has some amazing part or parts, but the other parts suck or are poorly connected to each other. It makes you feel like stealing the good part and creating better ones to attach to it. Why would someone waste an awesome chorus attaching it a boring, repetitive, unfitting and poorly done song, for example? Actually with those good animes in mangas with bad endings, it's kinda like the reverse, an awesome song with a very poor chorus or something.

I could honestly rewrite the two last chapters of Miman Renai and make it way better, especially the last one, even though I'm surely a lot less talented and experienced than the author, who made some genius work in the first 28 chapters.

Why do the Japanese suck so much at endings on average? That's why I think Gunbuster is an absolute masterpiece, the ending is not merely good, it's absolutely epic. I wouldn't change a thing. It mogs the average anime ending like a 6'5 Aryan Chad with a 9/10 face mogs an ugly balding curry midget.

Last edited:
Some Japanese games have good endings but thats about it

Same, the most brutal was with Evangelion, just WTF dude!!

Yes, Evangelion would be the best anime ever hands down if not for the ending.
i only see the first season later I didn't want to know anything about it.

Such as..?
Old PS1 game called Tomba had a really good ending if I recall correctly. I get very nostalgic when I think of that game btw

this is a common feeling when interacting with art, as the viewer you just have a different perspective than the author and it's perfectly possible to get a better idea for the story here and there that the author might have missed, reviewing the 'best parts' is pretty normal too.
for manga i'm not sure but it might have something to do with authors either being told to end the series early, or being told to continue it past the ideal point for an ending.

Ok
full

Yeah some anime’s have shit endings that no one really likes.
I rewatched Darling in the FRANXX a few days ago and the ending still disappoints me.

I watched some Ore wo Suki recently and it was very refreshing first 3 episodes. MC didn't have girls after his dick, they went after his chad friend and he got cucked. Actually felt like something that would happen to me. Also made fun of the self inserting soyboys.
It devolved into generic harem garbage soon after, such a shame

yes Japs anime, manga, light novels all have shit ending. Villains always forgiven 90% plus of time. Almost All the harem ones never have clear winner or go full way with marriage with all the whores. Too much bluepilled bullshit in most.

Most japanese men are bluepilled incels. Those animes, mangas and light novels are the suppressed fantasies of oppressed men.

I stick to hentai now. I haven't watched any anime since January of 2018.

this is a common feeling when interacting with art, as the viewer you just have a different perspective than the author and it's perfectly possible to get a better idea for the story here and there that the author might have missed, reviewing the 'best parts' is pretty normal too.
for manga i'm not sure but it might have something to do with authors either being told to end the series early, or being told to continue it past the ideal point for an ending.
Yeah, what you said applies to tons of anime and manga, but in the case of Miman Renai I think the author simply was overly careful not to be too controversial.

Most japanese men are bluepilled incels. Those animes, mangas and light novels are the suppressed fantasies of oppressed men.

I stick to hentai now. I haven't watched any anime since January of 2018.
Tons of hentai doujins have amazing stories, even though they are limited by the format (have to be short and focused on the sex scenes). Too bad they're fap fuel, I'm trying to stop...

I actually like most of them tbh

You remind me i need to read manga

Tons of hentai doujins have amazing stories, even though they are limited by the format (have to be short and focused on the sex scenes). Too bad they're fap fuel, I'm trying to stop...
They reallly do, worst thing is that when you fap your blood goes to your dick and you don't have much blood left for your brain so you can't enjoy the storyline.

Yeah some anime’s have shit endings that no one really likes.
I rewatched Darling in the FRANXX a few days ago and the ending still disappoints me.

It is an updated version of Evangelion in my opinion, so the ending is disappointing. i fall in love with Zero two, you don't?

It is an updated version of Evangelion in my opinion, so the ending is disappointing. i fall in love with Zero two, you don't?
Yeah she’s perfect tbh.