Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Best New Vegas perks?

K1ng N0th1ng

K1ng N0th1ng

Can't end on a loss.
★★★★★
I'm level 16 atm and I don't want to unlock shit I'll regret.

Pick up Hunting Shotgun, Big Boomer or Lever Action Shotgun, do shotgun surgeon + some good VATS perks and stats = victory royale.

Last edited:
Wild Wasteland is super fun but only take it if it this isn't your first playthrough

Pick up Hunting Shotgun, Big Boomer or Lever Action Shotgun, do shotgun surgeon.
For Big Boomer just kill old toilet gibson

Also, Get rid of hunting Rifle ASAP, Pick up This Machine, dont bother grinding for paciencia.

Better Criticals, Strong Back good as well.

What build type are you going for and what type of weapons do you use most?

Shotgun that knocks out enemi3s plus riot shotgun

This is my first playthrough but I mostly use shotguns + explosives.
Shotgun Surgeon seems like the best perk in that case. It requires 45 guns but ignore 10 damage threshold. If you don't know that that is its a armor stat that applies after damage resistance (DR) which reduces the total damage taken of an enemy, eg you do 100dmg to a raider, raider has 50% DR = 50 damage, raider also has DT of 20 which means damage is 50-20= 30 total damage.

For survival the best perks would be the ones that increase DT like toughness hit the deck for explosives (70 explosive) and stonewall (ST6 EN6). Avoid any temporary perks in general and buffs to enemy damage types can be good. I just remembered Lead Belly was really useful in getting health when you are low on healing resources and money.

Shotgun Surgeon seems like the best perk in that case. It requires 45 guns but ignore 10 damage threshold. If you don't know that that is its a armor stat that applies after damage resistance (DR) which reduces the total damage taken of an enemy, eg you do 100dmg to a raider, raider has 50% DR = 50 damage, raider also has DT of 20 which means damage is 50-20= 30 total damage.

For survival the best perks would be the ones that increase DT like toughness hit the deck for explosives (70 explosive) and stonewall (ST6 EN6). Avoid any temporary perks in general and buffs to enemy damage types can be good. I just remembered Lead Belly was really useful in getting health when you are low on healing resources and money.
Skill wise ol reliable is focusing on guns, science and repair.

Never liked the perk feature, most perks seemed useless and I never really go for any of them (except the Slayer one that's kino).

I'd just go hard on barter and don't even bother with the repair skill. From the amount of caps you get you can just pay for your guns to get repaired

if you are min-maxxing as a male character, you might have too pick up confirmed bachelor, sadly this unlocks gay dialog. but 10% damage increase is nice

I thought you were talking about Sony Vegas until i read the responses

Plasma spaz or whatever perk that let you make knee grows explode from being killed by energy weapons. Of course better criticals as well
Wild Wasteland is super fun but only take it if it this isn't your first playthrough
That a trait that you can only pick at the start of a play through silly.

That a trait that you can only pick at the start of a play through silly.
i know nigga i meant it in the sense that if this is his first time playing FNV he should try to finish it first normally before trying wild wasteland

i know nigga i meant it in the sense that if this is his first time playing FNV he should try to finish it first normally before trying wild wasteland
Well since he’s already level 16 I think it’s a bit late for that tbf. Besides all it does is add a few Easter eggs.