Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Best looking and ugliest looking languages

• Thread starter Transcended Trucel
  • Start date
Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Peace & Dharma ; Vishwaguru India!
★★★★★
So I will start:
imo best looking is computer English cause easy read and understand. Also no gay accents/excessive squiggly bs(ignoring cursive Cucks).

worst looking probably is this sri Lanka/curryland/ languages causes they have too much squigglies

just look at that shit. squiggle squiggle :feelspuke:
noodle language shit

@To koniec thots on ur favorite looking one
@FinnCel

best: cyrillic

worst: hebrew, hindi, japanese

Best: English
Bad: The Egyptian language, Arabic, Thai

Dutch langs looks good tbh

Spanish looks bad ngl

Good = Amharic, Aramaic, English, Korean, Egyptian Hieroglyphics

Bad = Mandarin Chinese, Sumerian, Morse Code, Braille

Worst: Cyrillic

Best: Anything with Latin script. I think Arabic looks cool though.

Looks like a written diarrea

Most writing systems look good to me. I have a special appreciation for those of Ancient Greek, Arabic, and Korean.

If I had to single out some ugly scripts: definitely Vietnamese, Thai and Khmer, because they're full of tiny marks that make them hard to read at low font sizes. Vietnamese uses the Latin script as a base, and the result is just:

Ugly: Finnish.
Long sentences because grammar is in the words, not seperate words like in English. Hard to read.

Good looking:
Chinese and Japanese.
Really compact sentences because those languages use characters for words.
Hard to learn to read but easy to read once you know the characters

English. Zero competition.

Anything else is shit tier

French is gay as fuck
Images 32

Best: German
Worst: German

Hard to explain why

Funny that everyone missed this. Ancient Mongolian. It's read from top to bottom. Looks both terrible and really cool at the same time.

02701aee23bed7af1be3d2cfdd1af10d

Aesthetic alphabets: Arabic, Japanese, Korean and Cyrillic.

Flags with things written in these alphabets get me wet basically.

Sounds cooler: German

Best: Portuguese :feelsjuice:

Best looking - Mongolian script looks badass tbh. Cyrillic a close second

Worst looking- French. It looks like a lazily written Italian

I can't stand the sound of most Indian languages, Gujarati being the worst sounding of all. Seriously, it makes me almost sick when i hear it

I think squiggle writing systems look nice and flowy. They just translate poorly to the grid of a digital screen. If you use Windows it probably just looks worse due to shitty font rendering.

best looking: japanese
worst looking: arab

Hard to learn to read but easy to read once you know the characters
Kanji master

Also, shitting on the Finnish writing system is uncalled for. Finnish orthography is extremely straightforward, so that children can learn to read and write in only about a year:

They seem rare in transparent orthography nations such as Finland, which use highly regular spelling and few spelling rules beyond letter sounds, and most children read and write with impressive accuracy by the end of Year 1 (Holopainen et al., J Learn Disabil 34(5):401–413, 2001; Seymour et al., Br J Psychol 94:143–174, 2003; Spencer and Hanley, Br J Psychol 94(1):1–29, 2003; J Res Read 27(1):1–14, 2004). Orthographic complexity has strong and diverse impacts on reading, writing and academic development

Compare this to Chinese or Japanese, where every schoolchild spends twelve years learning to read and write, and the results are still subpar.

Last edited:
View attachment 522736

Also, shitting on the Finnish writing system is uncalled for. Finnish orthography is extremely straightforward, so that children can learn to read and write in only about a year:

Compare this to Chinese or Japanese, where every schoolchild spends twelve years learning to read and write, and the results are still subpar.
Yes, finnish is pronounced as it is written.
But the grammar makes it have long words.

English is way easier to read for me (I'm native Finnish speaker and learned English as a second language)

English is way easier to read for me (I'm native Finnish speaker and learned English as a second language)
I suppose that makes sense. Shorter words have more distinct distinct shapes, which expedites speed-reading.

The phenomenon of "grammar in the words" is called agglutination, and it's present in a lot of languages. Japanese is an agglutinative language:

"Korondeshimaimashita". Say that ten times really fast.

It sounds weird, do you have dyslexia as it is harder for you to read in English than in your native one? Just asking...

Loled straight minute at this thread.

Anyway arabic looks aesthetic to me. Korean on the other hand is kind of ugly

English is an easy language, Chinese is a hard language and Middle East languages have weird alphabet system

It sounds weird, do you have dyslexia as it is harder for you to read in English than in your native one? Just asking...
I might have. Never tested.
I said Finnish is harder to read because of long words, not easier
I suppose that makes sense. Shorter words have more distinct distinct shapes, which expedites speed-reading.

The phenomenon of "grammar in the words" is called agglutination, and it's present in a lot of languages. Japanese is an agglutinative language:

View attachment 522737

"Korondeshimaimashita". Say that ten times really fast.
Yes, finnish is agglutinative too.
Syöt = you eat
Syönet = you might eat
Syötkö = will you eat?

Nouns too:
Talo = house
Talossa = in the house
Talossasi = in your house
Talossasiko = in your house?
Talossasikohan (I wonder if) in your house?

Last edited:
French is the most beautiful language, of course, it's sweet.

best: Arabic or Georgian
worst: Greek maybe

Personal preference ofc. They can both all look good or bad depending on who is writing.