Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Best Linux base distro

What is best Linux base distro??

• Total voters
Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Which will win? :D

(it's a trick question really - no OS could ever beat Slackware!)

I've only used windows tbh.

Artix is superior to all of them which you said. It is an Arch based distro, but without systemd. It comes with others like dinit, openrc, runit

I used Ubuntu like 10 years ago in an old and shitty laptop (I think it had 1GB or RAM or even less) that couldn't run Windows 7 without lagging. I only used it for basic stuff like browsing the internets and using the text processor for school and for those uses I have to say it was really good, never gave me troubles for example never had to reinstall the OS, do a system restore, random crashes, etc. But it was annoying having to use Wine for all the Windows exclusive programs.

I used Ubuntu like 10 years ago in an old and shitty laptop (I think it had 1GB or RAM or even less) that couldn't run Windows 7 without lagging. I only used it for basic stuff like browsing the internets and using the text processor for school and for those uses I have to say it was really good, never gave me troubles for example never had to reinstall the OS, do a system restore, random crashes, etc. But it was annoying having to use Wine for all the Windows exclusive programs.

I actually love Windows 7... maybe my second favourite OS after Slackware :D

But 10 is really bad I think. I actually preferred 8.1 to 10 by far. I don't know about 11.

Ubuntu... yeah it's fine I think. Mint is based on Ubuntu and that's one of the best distros out there IMO.