Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Because Every Once In A While, It's Good To Be A Human Being With A Heart (Pleasant Read if You're A Pet Owner)

Tranquil Fury

Tranquil Fury

Overweight Spic Manletcel
★★★★
Earlier this summer, I rescued a cat that was very sick with an upper respiratory infection that my dumbass neighbor's two little taco bell dogs were trying to attack. I was at first not sure about taking her as she looked very sick and I was not sure she was gonna make it, but despite our strained relationship, my mother and my sister helped pay vet bills and help me nurse her back to health. At first I thought I was just spoiling her too much and got kind of chubby, when as it turns out, she was pregnant, and after about a month or so, I came home from work to see five new born kittens on my bed. I've had pet cats since I was in 1st grade and my mother was always consistent about fixing our pets as soon as they're of age, so this was a very unique and alien concept to me, and I wasn't sure how to proceed in terms of keeping them or giving them away. I've always loved dogs and cats from childhood on up, but this makes eight cats total for me, and I wrestled with the idea of what a a chore and responsibility this would be for me should I decide to keep them.

With that being said, after being promised support from my family, which I believe as they were always supportive of me being a pet owner, I decided to keep them all. I want to keep them all because I don't want them to spend one moment knowing the misery of not knowing or understanding why no one wants you or loves you, I don't want them to know what it's like to be rejected by someone they considered their world, I don't want the mother cat to know what it was like to be betrayed by someone who she just wanted to love and be loved by. Last but not least, I don't want them to spend their final days in despair, wondering why no one wanted them and wondering what they did wrong to deserve to live such a lonely life that ends on a bitter note. I wanna show them the compassion and love that society doesn't want to show me because unlike the rest of society, they don't care how ugly or weird I am, they love me with all their heart, and the least I could do is love them right back.

I know that in the past I've wallowed about how much I want to just stop feeling and be numb to everything, but truth be told, this whole incident has shown me that despite our natural instinct to harden our hearts in a world that grows colder by the day, there are rare, but actual occasions, where it's good to be able to feel, to care, and to be better than those who insist they're somehow better than us...

Last edited:
Tbh I've always felt more emotional empathy towards animals than with people for some odd reason I couldn't grasp, now I get why.

Despite me having treated my dog like shit a few times during his younger years (to add to my own guilt), he never once showed an ounce of hate towards me. And now that he died a few months ago, I'm starting to understand that their feelings can be more pure than anything I've witnessed from humans. It's truly unconditional love, and many of them can forgive easily.

Tbh I've always felt more emotional empathy towards animals than with people for some odd reason I couldn't grasp
Same

Humans have always been so mean to me, but animals have never wronged me. I love animals so much

Animals are much better than most humans especially normies and foids who have treated me like shit my entire life animals are actually nice to me

Very nice and wholesome

I don't want them to know what it's like to be rejected by someone they considered their world
It's a cat jfl

Cats don’t have the same depth of loss and emotional complexity that humans feel in relationships

They'll get over it and move on to another human food source

Tiny kittens are weirdly robotic looking....