Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Banjo Kazooie isn't better than Mario 64

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
This game is pure fucking slop. In Mario 64 every collectable is used as a sort of carrot to get players to push through different platforming challenges. Collectables are not the main focus. In Banjo Kazooie on the other hand collectables are spammed everywhere and you have to collect them all. It becomes less about fun platforming and more about tediously sweeping every corner of the level. The only collectables that motivate you to do challenges are placed behind tedious clunky mini games that don't even share the core gameplay! Whenever I discovered a new power up in Banjo I dreaded it because it meant I'd be forced into a new method of awkward control where I'd have to partake in some obnoxious challenge or mini game devs thought was clever. Some of of them don't even involve platforming.

Compare that to Mario 64 where every power up becomes an extension of Mario and his moveset. It's organic and rewarding.

Banjo has no such focus. The main controls in Banjo itself are clunky and imprecise. Whereas in Mario 64 they're tight and allow for a lot of freedom when it comes to overcoming platforming challenges.

I have no idea why so many shit YouTubers and reddit cucks claim this game is better than Mario 64. It must be pure nostalgia. Massively disappointing game and I regret buying it when I was younger.

Rayman 1 was the same they forced you to collect pretty much everything to progress. I have never beat it.

This game is pure fucking slop. In Mario 64 every collectable is used as a sort of carrot to get players to push through different platforming challenges. Collectables are not the main focus. In Banjo Kazooie on the other hand collectables are spammed everywhere and you have to collect them all. It becomes less about fun platforming and more about tediously sweeping every corner of the level. The only collectables that motivate you to do challenges are placed behind tedious clunky mini games that don't even share the core gameplay! Whenever I discovered a new power up in Banjo I dreaded it because it meant I'd be forced into a new method of awkward control where I'd have to partake in some obnoxious challenge or mini game devs thought was clever. Some of of them don't even involve platforming.

Compare that to Mario 64 where every power up becomes an extension of Mario and his moveset. It's organic and rewarding.

Banjo has no such focus. The main controls in Banjo itself are clunky and imprecise. Whereas in Mario 64 they're tight and allow for a lot of freedom when it comes to overcoming platforming challenges.

I have no idea why so many shit YouTubers and reddit cucks claim this game is better than Mario 64. It must be pure nostalgia. Massively disappointing game and I regret buying it when I was younger.
Thoughts on Donkey Kong 64?

Klonoa on PSX was also good.