Ban inactive accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nice_try

Chad always wins
-
There were screenshots on the podcast of this gay dude Kyle which showed an active membership on here. This is pretty concerning.
I say: ban any account that didn't post anything in a certain period of time.
Time period could be something between 2-6 weeks.
Reasons:
a) You don't need an active account to lurk (not contributing anything)
b) Prevents fake accounts from seeing the post history of other members

Inceldo

Banned
-
I agree tbh

It seems only a handful of posters post throughout the day while a lot of graycels just browse and contribute nothing. Probably cucktears fag too scared to slip up.

RegisterUserName

Quasi-abominationcel
-
Some people prefer to browse while also using the PM function, chat or have users ignored. They might want to avoid ads if they are using it at work. Users are already banned if they don't post after ~2 months, but I don't think people should be forced into doing so.

Jazavac

Queso bandito
-
If they hover over your name an click on the message count, they can see your post history regardless of your profile settings. I have my profile on "members only" and if you log out or open a private tab you can easily see my post history by doing what I wrote.
Some people prefer to browse while also using the PM function, chat or have users ignored. They might want to avoid ads if they are using it at work. Users are already banned if they don't post after ~2 months, but I don't think people should be forced into doing so.
I agree with this.

MarriedAndLookin4Fun

Late stage LDAR
-
Just make the entire forum private theory
I always find that whenever r/incels went private is was so much better

Insomniac

ϟϟ A U T I S M ϟϟ
-
Not sure I like this idea tbh. There could be something going on in a posters personal life which could force them to take a hiatus from here.

nice_try

Chad always wins
-
If they hover over your name an click on the message count, they can see your post history regardless of your profile settings. I have my profile on "members only" and if you log out or open a private tab you can easily see my post history by doing what I wrote.

I agree with this.
Wow, I didn't know that. That's scary. People without membership shouldn't be able to go through someones post history, tbh.

janoycresva

acnescarliquideggwhitedrinkingcel
-
Not sure I like this idea tbh. There could be something going on in a posters personal life which could force them to take a hiatus from here.
shit suggestion OP

boojies

Recruit
-
I took a multi month hiatus from this forum but came back. I don't have enough time to be active at every community all the time. Some forums I have accounts on and only stop by a couple of times a year, but I make high caliber contributions to them on occasion. I think that there shouldn't be the need to constantly check in so as to avoid having one's account pruned. I mean, perhaps if the time limit is stopping by once a year or so, but having to check in every few weeks to avoid being pruned seems excessive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)