Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Award Ceremony awarding for last years marks

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
★★★★★
My School held an awards ceremony for students that got 70%+ grade average. Students that got 80%+ got honors. They blew it way out of proportion as every student that got an award (almost 50% of the school) had their name called and received their award one by one. This is extremely stupid and I will list why
1: The Merit Award- The Merit award was for students that got 70%-79% average the previous year. This is stupid because its awarding kids saying "hey. You didn't almost fail. Here's your prize"
2: Not even half the School got an award- this is more concerning then stupid as it shows more then 50% of the school is getting below 70% Grade average. And I did take into account that the grade Nines didn't get any awards as they were not here the previous year. It's still concerning.
3: Blown out of proportion- as I mentioned earlier it was blown out of proportion. Every student got their name individually called and went to receive their award. Not only is that stupid on it's own but the well known kids would get the biggest applause.
Overall it was extremely annoying and it took up an entire period of class time (1hr 15min) to do the assembly.

My school was gay as fuck so they stopped giving this kind of awards because it's discriminatory and everyone is good in their own way Jfl

At least you missed class

Sounds like a typical highschool in the south

I don't get awards

Well I have to say that is quite silly, in my experience they stopped doing that shit after elementary school

That's not good. I'm only there to learn. What's the point of school if I'm not learning?
You barely learn anything in school, teachers spend insane amounts of time on the most basic concepts. Just learn it by yourself at home and sleep in class. Teachers don't care as long as you ace the tests and do the work.

You barely learn anything in school, teachers spend insane amounts of time on the most basic concepts. Just learn it by yourself at home and sleep in class. Teachers don't care as long as you ace the tests and do the work.
The thing is I need good school Mark's to get a decent job. I dont know how home schooled kids get jobs but I need my marks to get my desired job

High IQ. Studies show that students forget over 97% of what they learned in school.
The only real way to learn something is autodidactically with own, genuine interest.

High IQ. Studies show that students forget over 97% of what they learned in school.
The only real way to learn something is autodidactically with own, genuine interest.
But jobs dont care and they want to see good marks in school. That's why I go