Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Autism Prevents You From Seeming Charming or Likeable

• Thread starter universallyabhorred
  • Start date
universallyabhorred

universallyabhorred

Banned
-
The biggest issue with being Autistic is they will always seem awkward and weird to NT's no matter how hard they try to seem impressive or charming. An NT's reaction to an Autistic who tries to present himself positively, even when he avoids saying something inappropriate, is that he's strange or socially off but otherwise polite/friendly/kind/good person. What that ultimately means is the NT might tolerate the autistic or avoid bullying him but he'd never invite him to hang with his other friends nor be seen with him, outside of limited contexts, because he's different and the NT's association with him will bring down his social status. This makes it impossible for autistics to be well-liked and popular, preventing them from forming useful connections, that would both benefit them in all areas of life and prevent them from being lonely or bullied.

The biggest issue with being Autistic is they will always seem awkward and weird to NT's no matter how hard they try to seem impressive or charming. An NT's reaction to an Autistic who tries to present himself positively, even when he avoids saying something inappropriate, is that he's strange or socially off but otherwise polite/friendly/kind/good person. What that ultimately means is the NT might tolerate the autistic or avoid bullying him but he'd never invite him to hang with his other friends nor be seen with him, outside of limited contexts, because he's different and the NT's association with him will bring down his social status. This makes it impossible for autistics to be well-liked and popular, preventing them from forming useful connections, that would both benefit them in all areas of life and prevent them from being lonely or bullied.
Brutal. Autism need become monk max or NEETs. Nothing else can save them

Brutal. Autism need become monk max or NEETs. Nothing else can save them
:feelscry::feelscry::feelscry:

How over is it for me?

This makes it impossible for autistics to be well-liked and popular, preventing them from forming useful connections, that would both benefit them in all areas of life

Certainly explains why I still can't get hired as anything better than a burger flipper.

Autism is useful though sometimes. We obsess much better than neurotypicals.

Certainly explains why I still can't get hired as anything better than a burger flipper.
most stem jobs are filled with autismmaxxing curries and asians tho. Only reason I was hired at first job was cuz the company culture was being autistic but working long hours.

most stem jobs are filled with autismmaxxing curries and asians tho. Only reason I was hired at first job was cuz the company culture was being autistic but working long hours.
WDYM by autismmaxxing? All STEM jobs require team work and collaboration, which is not an autistic person's strength. Only the best autistics can get hired, since their talent in the area might compensate for their lack of social skills, while mediocre and even sub-par NT's will get hired.

most stem jobs are filled with autismmaxxing curries and asians tho.
I'm not curry or asian. I think I'm just stupid, because it seems like I can't compete with all the other candidates in my field, and I don't have much experience and can't answer technical questions.
All STEM jobs require team work and collaboration, which is not an autistic person's strength. Only the best autistics can get hired, since their talent in the area might compensate for their lack of social skills,
That's it right there, I don't have the talent to compensate for the autism.

Autism is a death sentence.

The best autists can hope for is to fly under the radar in social situations.

WDYM by autismmaxxing? All STEM jobs require team work and collaboration, which is not an autistic person's strength. Only the best autistics can get hired, since their talent in the area might compensate for their lack of social skills, while mediocre and even sub-par NT's will get hired.
not autismmaxxing like full autistic, more in a sense that these were class toppers who were socially awkward. I'm in a big city so lots of programmers will get hired + they were only socially ackward, like can't make eye contact, stuttered their words, etc.. We also had small teams so they could work isolated for long hours on back-end stuff so they didnt' have to talk to clients or anything. Ya ur right most STEM jobs need social skills, although i think programming u can get away with not being completely NT