Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Autism is outdated hunter trait

Dotrinfobe

Dotrinfobe

acabou
★★★★
67d 2h 58m
Males are more creative, more likely to tunnel-vision into small stuffs with a high level of obsession, more likely to be asocial. Males were eolved to be hunters.

Autism was bascially an extreme adaption to make extremely good hunters. Autistic hunters were more likely to be obsessed with the current task at hand, ie. a hunting trip, tunnel focused on the objective and small details such as animal footsteps and animal noises to track animals (this explain why autists are often overly-sensitive), hunt in small groups who you grow up with since childhood, so you don't need much social skills.

Autists are also more likely to be "negative" or maybe more accurately, realistic. Because you can't base your hunt on wishy-washy bullshit. You do that, you might starve. Therefore autists are highly objective when it comes to their mind and logic. They form their own thesis in eveything rather than blindly follow group-think.

Autists are also often high IQ. But since the end of the stone age, autists have been on a decline ever since. :feelsrope:

Agriculture activities promote patience (you wait for your crops to grow for 6 months :soy:), cooperation, no high IQ needed as you don't have to track animals and be observant of small details. Autists are ill adapted to this life style :feelsbadman:

Autists are responsible for the great majority of human advancement, while NT normies freeride. Autists contribute but most of them die childless, e.g. Newton, Tesla etc. Autists see through normie bullshit esepcially those from the normie "elites" who brainwash lower social class normies, but powerless to seize power due to their social disavantages.

F

FreshMasonx67

Banned
-
1h 47m
Fuck you I wanna fuck a hot prettyboy

Zer0/∞

Zer0/∞

Chudur-Budur Jr
★★★★★
92d 19h 18m
FreshMasonx67 said:
Another day, another GrAYcel. :fuk:

Deleted member 14218

Deleted member 14218

i have but one purpose to cease it
-
77d 18h 51m
FreshMasonx67 said:
how about you go and off your self

F

FreshMasonx67

Banned
-
1h 47m
D3X said:
how about you go and off your self
Hahaha fuck you I live my best life having gay sex everyday while you post on a forum for incels

iamsubhuman

iamsubhuman

Estuans interius Ira vehementi
★★
62d 22h 5m
FreshMasonx67 said:
Hahaha fuck you I live my best life having gay sex everyday while you post on a forum for incels
nobody envies you
  1. you're a faggot
  2. you're living your best life yet still had to make an account here to troll? just lol @ you
sorry OP for this guy plaguing your thread.

Deleted member 14218

Deleted member 14218

i have but one purpose to cease it
-
77d 18h 51m
FreshMasonx67 said:
your best achievment in life is getting fucked by another man :feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:
FreshMasonx67 said:
you have reached the pinnacle of your evolution and that is being a faggot

wgm24

wgm24

This Thing of Ours
★★★★★
16d 18h 38m
I have a theory that ghengis khan was autistic since he was the common ancestor to most Asians who are super autistic as a culture

Dotrinfobe

Dotrinfobe

acabou
★★★★
67d 2h 58m
wgm24 said:
I have a theory tha ghengis khan was autistic
autistic or not, that guy was a demon who dialed back civilizations for centuries, destroying many unique civilizations in the process (iran, central asia, Rus, Hungary, northern china, mesotopamia, Tanguts etc.) he killed more autists than anybody, letting his NT gooks ravage advanced civilizations built up by autists.

Treebarkquartz

Treebarkquartz

Recruit
★★★★★
7d 5h 3m
wgm24 said:
I have a theory that ghengis khan was autistic since he was the common ancestor to most Asians who are super autistic as a culture
You're basing that off fake mainstream history. I hate to break it to you but Ghengis Khan is fiction

W

wei#3959

Admiral
123d 6h 47m
I’m a low IQ autist

C

calimero

Overlord
★★★
64d 20h 29m
Damn that's actually a good evolutionary account for autism

Pixycel

Pixycel

Mоdcel
★★★★★
171d 17h 28m
High IQ theory.

Just goes to prove how dysgenic the modern world is. If we went back to the Paleolithic period then it wouldn't be the 6ft chadrone with the strong jawline that would be the best mating partner but rather the autist that can hunt:society:

-BrettyBoy-

-BrettyBoy-

Locally undesired.
★★★★★
236d 7h 21m
Autistic men don’t get credit in this ableist society, just shit thrown at them.
FreshMasonx67 said:
Great, so what are you doing here if men are enough for you?

Furlossus

Furlossus

Aftoncel
-
6d 18h 54m
High IQ

A hunter must hunt

proudweeb

proudweeb

mod nigger is watching you
★★★★★
64d 18h 56m
FreshMasonx67 said:
brutal last post on the forum lol

Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
291d 8h 53m
iammisery

iammisery

i want to live...
2d 11h 38m
Over for low IQ autists. :feelsbadman:

TheDarkEnigma

TheDarkEnigma

St. JackieArklövcel
★★★★★
184d 22h 58m
Thread derailed because of one greyfaggot. Best to put them on ignore and not give them attention.

Going back to the topic: true, modern agriculturalist society was not built for people who think like us.

The Agricultural Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. Farming is a waste of land and resources that selfishly horades what belongs for everyone and keeps it away from anyone else who refuses to live a settled lifestyle. It destroys the environment by deforesting land, depleting natural resources, animals that produce a huge amount of methane contributing to global warming, pesticides, etc. The neolithic was a mistake.

Ika-Sama

Ika-Sama

Suffering From Life
★★★★★
134d 2h 0m
TheDarkEnigma said:
Thread derailed because of one greyfaggot. Best to put them on ignore and not give them attention.

Going back to the topic: true, modern agriculturalist society was not built for people who think like us.

The Agricultural Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. Farming is a waste of land and resources that selfishly horades what belongs for everyone and keeps it away from anyone else who refuses to live a settled lifestyle. It destroys the environment by deforesting land, depleting natural resources, animals that produce a huge amount of methane contributing to global warming, pesticides, etc. The neolithic was a mistake.
True, It is said that people in those societies tend to think differently from us and more likely to be authoritarian. OP is right when he said that Autism is a hunter trait, the same could be said about ADHD and other mental illnesses. So Incels are probably most likely to have hunter-gatherer like traits.

Zer0/∞

Zer0/∞

Chudur-Budur Jr
★★★★★
92d 19h 18m
Ika-Sama said:
True, It is said that people in those societies tend to think differently from us and more likely to be authoritarian. OP is right when he said that Autism is a hunter trait, the same could be said about ADHD and other mental illnesses. So Incels are probably most likely to have hunter-gatherer like traits.
Here's an interesting article about that very same topic.
Nearly one in five Americans currently suffers from a mental illness, and roughly half of us will be diagnosed with one at some point in our lives. Yet, these occurrences may have nothing to do with a genetic flaw or a traumatic event.

Randolph Nesse, a professor of life sciences at Arizona State University, attributes high rates of psychiatric disorders to natural selection operating on our genes without paying heed to our emotional well-being. What’s more, the selective processes took place thousands of years before the unique stresses of modern urban existence, leading to a mismatch between our current environment and the one for which we were adapted.

In his new book, Good Reasons for Bad Feelings: Insights from the Frontier of Evolutionary Psychiatry, Nesse recruits the framework of evolutionary medicine to make a case for why psychiatric disorders persist despite their debilitating consequences. Some conditions, like depression and anxiety, may have developed from normal, advantageous emotions. Others, such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, result from genetic mutations that may have been beneficial in less extreme manifestations of a trait. Scientific American spoke to Nesse about viewing psychiatry through an evolutionary lens to help both patients and clinicians.

[An edited transcript of the interview follows.]

A big part of your thesis is that some traits of mental disorders can be advantageous or adaptive—a depressed mood, for instance, might be beneficial for us. Where do you draw the line between the normal spectrum of emotion and pathology?

You can’t decide what’s normal and what’s abnormal until you understand the ordinary function of any trait—whether it’s vomiting or cough or fever or nausea. You start with its normal function and in what situation it gives selected advantages. But there are a lot of places where natural selection has shaped mechanisms that express these defenses when they’re not needed, and very often that emotional response is painful and unnecessary in that instance. Then there’s a category of emotions that make us feel bad but benefit our genes. A lot of sexual longings [extramarital affairs or unrequited love], for instance, don’t do us any good at all, but they might potentially benefit our genes in the long run.

So it’s not saying that these emotions are useful all the time. It’s the capacity for these emotions that is useful. And the regulation systems [that control emotion] were shaped by natural selection—so sometimes they’re useful for us, sometimes they’re useful for our genes, sometimes it’s false alarms in the system and sometimes the brain is just broken. We shouldn’t try to make any global generalizations, we should examine every patient individually and try to understand what’s going on.

In the book you suggest that low mood could be advantageous for two very separate reasons. One of the motivators is to shift strategies to escape a situation, and the other is to have people stop striving and conserve energy. How do you reconcile these opposing theories?

It’s intuitively obvious that when an organism, not just a human, is wasting energy trying to pursue a goal and not making progress, it’s best to wait and slow down and not waste energy. Then if nothing works—even when you try to find a new strategy—to give up that goal completely.

Of course for we humans, it’s not always seeking out nuts and fruits and berries. We’re trying to garner social resources, and that creates inordinate complexity and competition. And it’s not so easy to give up looking for a marital partner or give up looking for a job; we can’t just do that. These moods are guiding us to try to put effort into things that are going to work instead of things that are not going to work. That doesn’t mean we should just follow them, but it does mean respecting them more and trying to figure out what they might be telling us about the things we're trying to do in life.

Could treating someone with antidepressants be disadvantageous, then, if low mood is a normal coping mechanism?

Evolutionary psychology I see very much as a subset of evolutionary medicine in general. And one of the most practically useful insights of evolutionary medicine is that we should be analyzing the costs and benefits of blocking every single defensive response, whether it’s fever or pain or nausea or vomiting or cough or fatigue. Usually because of the “smoke detector” principle you can block these things safely. [The principle is Nesse’s theory that an overactive fight-or-flight response that causes false alarms—and potentially an anxiety disorder—is better than an underactive system that fails to alert you to danger and could result in death.]

Some people have said that because I say low mood can be useful, I think we shouldn’t treat it with medications. I say exactly the opposite. Once you know that low mood is usually not helpful even though it’s normal, you go ahead and relieve it however you can.

You talk a lot about genes in the book, but also how we’ve come up short in looking for genes for depression or schizophrenia. What role do you think genes play in the evolutionary model of the mental illness?

First of all, there are two very different categories of illness that should be kept separate. One is the emotional disorders, which are potentially normal, useful responses to situations. And in all such responses, variability and sensitivity are influenced by lots of different genes.

There are also mental disorders that are the most severe ones that are just plain old genetic diseases: bipolar disease and autism and schizophrenia. They’re genetic diseases, and whether you get them or not is overwhelmingly dependent on what genes you have. But why would a strong, inheritable trait that cuts fitness by half not be selected against? I think this is one of the deepest mysteries in psychiatry.

What could be some of the potential benefit of these latter conditions or other uses for these genes?

For bipolar disease, the reduction in the number of offspring is not very great at all, so it might be that there’s not much selection acting there. And what if a tendency to be bipolar resulted in having even more children? What would happen then? Well it [the gene] would become universal, even though it caused bipolar disease. Maybe something like this has already happened. Maybe many of us have tendencies to grand ambitions and mood swings that probably aren’t good for us but might lend to grand successes on occasion, and that might lead to great reproductive success.

Then there’s the “cliff edge” effect, which is the possibility that some traits are pushed very far towards a peak that’s close to a place where fitness collapses for a few percent of the population. This could be a new way of looking at all of these diseases in which we have many genes with small effects. It might be that what we should be looking for is the fitness landscape and not assume that the genes involved are abnormal.

What do you hope patients or clinicians can gain from reading your book?

I find many of my patients feel like they’re abnormal if they are told, “You have an anxiety disorder, you have a depressive disorder.” Talk with them a little bit about the fact that there are advantages to anxiety and that low moods might have meaning. It might not just be something that’s broken in you, it might be that your emotions are trying to tell you something. I think that makes many people feel less like they’re defective.

Rotter

Rotter

LDARcel
-
15d 14h 48m
Extremely high IQ thread

Definitely can relate as a fellow autistcel. I've noticed that tunnel vision comes more natural to me than it does to normans. Guess I'm a hunter at heart :feelsYall:

Atavistic Autist @Atavistic Autist thoughts?

Last edited:
Izayacel

Izayacel

Watcher of Recent "
★★★★★
34d 2h 4m
Pretty hight iq

Words2_live_bye

Words2_live_bye

What a Shame ...
★★★★★
109d 7h 44m
FreshMasonx67 said:
gaycels.is
also back to OP's thread.
Yeah instead of focusing on collecting model railroads or learning about the interworkings of anime, we would have been people who discovered how to forge metal, cook food to be edible, treat and filter water, and make weapons and armor.
Instead our usefulness in society has been replaced.
Although i think hunter gatherer era autists would have never (or rarely) gotten caveman pussy and been able to have kids. Most of that would have been done by hunter chads and some normie cavemen.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8