Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Athiests of .is What are your thoughts on Secular Humanism?

A

Arabcel99

Militant
★★
Secular Humanism sounds like the original reddit athiesm in the sense that it is hostile to anything slightly religious but what distinguish it the most for me is their focus that humans and humanity are capable of "goodness" alturism and other forms of charity, they don't deny that humans are capable of evil but they always blame the evil humans do on outside factors including but not limited to religion.

I See many of you here also have a hostile view towards religion so I wanted to know whether or not you believe in the ideas of secular humanism.

I'm aware of the liberal views this movement advocate for which is not a thing many people here like with that being said, without the political views of the movement or whatever secular humanism is, how do you view it?

I think humanity has reached a point where it doesn't need to base its morality on theology. I'm guessing most people in western countries are either atheist, or identify with a religion but don't actively practice it or let it influence their decisions, but their societies aren't falling apart (for the most part).

C
I think humanity has reached a point where it doesn't need to base its morality on theology. I'm guessing most people in western countries are either atheist, or identify with a religion but don't actively practice it or let it influence their decisions, but their societies aren't falling apart (for the most part).
are you Circassian by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back