Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion At what age do you think it gets hard to easily create relationships

Bruticus

Bruticus

Underdeveloped shitskin
★★★★
Title. i know a lot of people will say high school or even college but personally I think after elementary school it becomes difficult.

My best friend throughout elementary and middle school was a guy that sat across me in 1st grade.

I literally just asked him if I could play with him at recess since my mom told me I should try making friends, so I just asked him jfl. We drifted apart due to not going to the same university but my childhood was actually so good because of him. I remember having sleepovers and playing video games constantly with this guy.

not to mention there was no race prejudice with kids. He was white and I was ethnic. Didn’t matter to us.

High school and college are insanely difficult to make friends. There is a social hierarchy and you need to prove yourself to either make friends or get a girlfriend.

Last edited:
24. I feel bad for the gays that have given up chasing women while in high school/college. You think you'll be able to find a girl at a later age after giving up in places where women are plentiful? Good luck young gays

Title. i know a lot of people will say high school or even college but personally I think after elementary school it becomes difficult.

My best friend throughout elementary and middle school was a guy that sat across me in 1st grade.

I literally just asked him if I could play with him at recess since my mom told me I should try making friends, so I just asked him jfl. We drifted apart due to not going to the same university but my childhood was actually so good because of him. I remember having sleepovers and playing video games constantly with this guy.

not to mention there was no race prejudice with kids. He was white and I was ethnic. Didn’t matter to us.

High school and college are insanely difficult to make friends. There is a social hierarchy and you need to prove yourself to either make friends or get a girlfriend.
i don't think it's hard to make friend in hs or college, you just need to find people of the same status as you. during hs i had a friend group of like 4 incels that didn't speak with anyone outside the group. without hs or college on the other hand...

i don't think it's hard to make friend in hs or college, you just need to find people of the same status as you. during hs i had a friend group of like 4 incels that didn't speak with anyone outside the group. without hs or college on the other hand...
That's if you're lucky, sometimes the only incel around is you. Source - I went 4 years through highscool like this, it was pure hell.

That's if you're lucky, sometimes the only incel around is you. Source - I went 4 years through highscool like this, it was pure hell.
You didn’t have a single friend?

oh i switched schools a lot, before hs i spent 3 years in a school where i was the only incel around. i did have a "friend" but since we only ever spoke in class and i spent 90% of my time in school thinking alone by myself anyways (when i was not being bullied or made fun of), i can say it does suck. that being said i do imagine being friendless in hs specifically is even worse.

You didn’t have a single friend?
Zero, if we arent counting normies bluepills who felt pity about you.
oh i switched schools a lot, before hs i spent 3 years in a school where i was the only incel around. i did have a "friend" but since we only ever spoke in class and i spent 90% of my time in school thinking alone by myself anyways (when i was not being bullied or made fun of), i can say it does suck. that being said i do imagine being friendless in hs specifically is even worse.
I agree, being alone with your mind even though there's people around is suifuel at its finest. On my entire life I reached my higher peak thoughts about commiting suicide at hs. I still do but not that often. I'm still surprised i didnt neck myself at that time.

Last edited:
It's easy at any age given you have the right looks, basic social skills, propinquity, "connections/vibe" or outreach with others in some way.

An ugly but sociable guy in his teens/early twenties will feel like a hermit outcast no matter how "normie" he is, whereas an 80+ year old guy like Ray Peat has mentioned he has friends less than half his age still, a significant other & still has some "role" in the world/purpose. There's no start or end point where you "missed out" or "had a chance" -- it's all determined mostly by LOOKS which can be bad when young/good when older, heavily putting aside the myth of the "agepill" when it's really just the LOOKSPILL underneath, i.e., it's not about aging theory more so than losing any looks you had theory. Look 25 at 50 (with good enough looks obviously) & tell me about this "agepill" or "missing out due to age."

Last edited:
Interesting question.

It becomes progressively more difficult after 25. After 30, it's near impossible, TBH --- take it from an oldcel

After highschool or collage it's next to impossible to make friends so I'd say around then.

after middle school its hard for sure, as social groups are fully established and formed before high school start

Assuming you arent chad and havent built some strong mixed gender social circle, then whatever year you get out of school.
During your school years , regardless if youre chad or incel, females are forced be within your vicinity, once you are out of school, you will actually have to go out of your way just to be around them, so unless youre chad or socialcircle maxxxed, you will struggle to get the time of day from any female who isnt a desperate old woman

After high school
This but if you are tall and attractive and seemingly have high status then it won't matter at any age. The only reason it's highschool for most people is because it is a small inescapable environment where you are forced to see the same people every day.

It becomes progressively more difficult after 25. After 30, it's near impossible, TBH --- take it from an oldcel
I know, 31 right now. :feelsrope:
After highschool or collage it's next to impossible to make friends so I'd say around then.
Very few people wanted to hang out with me back then, many of them eventually abandoned me completely.

Age 0. Because tbh most of you idiots never try. I told a story today about how I talked to a girl asking her questions trying to get her to interact with me and in the middle I called her beautiful. For that I got so many replies calling me a simp.

For those of us incels who do try - I'd say it's easiest is mid-late 20s. And then if you don't succeed it gets harder after that. I felt like my personal high-point was age 26-27. I even got a high-tier becky naked in my bed at that age (knew her in IRL, not tinder or anything which would be impossible) didn't have sex though - she stopped me.
I can't tell if this is a troll or not but niggas are gonna mass report you within the hour :feelswhat:

Older = exponentially harder. But never impossible imo.

Self help etc. Books will help, don't know if people rate them here.

After elementary school if you live in a small area.
I was unable to break my cycle of loneliness until senior year and that was only because I had a car.

If born XY, then the moment you were conceived.

With some exceptions (i.e. Chad). Far from the rule though. You must first avoid being ugly, short, or autistic to say the very least. If you somehow won the lottery, you may ascend. Else it never even began.

After highschool.

It's easy at any age given you have the right looks, basic social skills, propinquity, "connections/vibe" or outreach with others in some way.

An ugly but sociable guy in his teens/early twenties will feel like a hermit outcast no matter how "normie" he is, whereas an 80+ year old guy like Ray Peat has mentioned he has friends less than half his age still, a significant other & still has some "role" in the world/purpose. There's no start or end point where you "missed out" or "had a chance" -- it's all determined mostly by LOOKS which can be bad when young/good when older, heavily putting aside the myth of the "agepill" when it's really just the LOOKSPILL underneath, i.e., it's not about aging theory more so than losing any looks you had theory. Look 25 at 50 (with good enough looks obviously) & tell me about this "agepill" or "missing out due to age."
Wow, bookmarked and saved. This was a very well written answer although the 2nd part is pure ropefuel ngl :feelsrope:

after Past 19 yrs olds it become a challenge to create a relationship

after Past 19 yrs olds it become a challenge to create a relationship

Indeed. In the throes of a mental breakdown, I fully realized how neuro-atypical I was and also why I was never able to progress much in group therapy. Such a "structured environment" was recommended in my neuropsych evaluation reports.

When I go outside and see femoids, I immediately recall my past memories and negative expectations. I'm dissociated and thinking of anime, manga, or the people I've spoken to on the Internet also. I do not connect them with well at all.

24. I feel bad for the gays that have given up chasing women while in high school/college. You think you'll be able to find a girl at a later age after giving up in places where women are plentiful? Good luck young gays
Even normies find it hard to be social after college.
It's over for graduatecels :feelsrope:

Elementary school is the easiest because there's no sexual competition and filters of foids in order to let you socialize with them are non existent or pretty low.

I even got a high-tier becky naked in my bed at that age (knew her in IRL, not tinder or anything which would be impossible) didn't have sex though - she stopped me.

Last edited:
Mid 30s. I know from experience.

In high school. I made 2 new friends but they were through mutual friends. After high school it Gets impossible. Just people you can drink with it If Even that

College or after college idk cuz i never went to college but it’s easy to make friends in high school there are a lot of incels there

but once you enter college it’s mostly cucks, foids and orbitters so good luck fitting in and if you say anything not PC you will get kicked out