Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Toxic Femininity Asked for directions by a male = respectful interaction. Asked for directions by a female = insults and mockery

Incel_Doomer

Incel_Doomer

Recruit
★★★★★
Living in a touristy area I get asked for directions a lot. When asked by one or more males the interaction is almost always just normal. Polite and respectful. Maybe if they're really drunk he or they will be obnoxious, but it has never been directed at insulting me, and I've been asked for directions a lot. Even that is rare.

Asked for directions by a female, unless she's of pension age, and I will usually get insulted. Not directly of course, like 'You are ugly' or something, but in vocal tone, body language, comments to her friends, asking a question then turning her back on you while you're answering, interrupting with another question etc. etc. I've even had foids stop me for directions, then say some variant of 'Oh you don't seem like you would know what you're talking about' and turn their backs on me before I've even said anything. Or they will patronise me, or do things like this, here's a recent example:

Foid 1: What is that over there? (pointing to big restaurant/bar)
Me: Oh it's such and such. But people your age would usually go to such and such etc. (gives helpful explanation)
Foid 2: (standing near enough that she heard every word clearly) Sharon what did he say?
Foid 1: He doesn't know.

I don't like refusing to interact with everyone, because some are hostile. Call me a simp or naive. However I have, eventually, stopped answering the door when I'm not expecting anyone now, because the ratio of someone I don't want to talk to, to someone I do, is like 99:1. Same with unrecognised or hidden numbers on phone calls. I'm probably going to ignore foids who ask me for directions from now on, unless they're pension age. :society: Especially seeing as they can just go on their phones seeing as it's 2024. If I could read their minds I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even care what the answer was, they just initiated the interaction in order to mock me a lot of the time. :foidSoy:

If you're wondering about how do mixed groups behave, in my experience the foids stfu and let the guy talk to me, and behave themselves.

yea foids can't have a simple conversation in this day and age

the only directions that foids deserve are the directions to auschwitz tfd

Actually I'm now wondering what female - female asking directions interactions are like. Obviously I have experience of the other three possibilities. Would a foid prefer to approach a male for directions, than another foid? I would tend to think yes, although off the top of my head I can't explain why. Would she rather approach a male/female together, or a lone male? Would a foid be insulting to another foid? Idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . OTOH foids tend to see each other as competition, if reasonably close in age, and are much harsher to each other than males are. OTOH if a foid is disrespectful to a male she knows there's 99% chance there will be no comeback, but if she is disrespectful to another foid there could be. And other foids have higher status. So it's an interesting question and I don't really know. Will ask my female relatives next time I speak to them.