Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Ascending is a vicious and destructive cope

IncelCatechumen

IncelCatechumen

Self-banned
-
What´s the logic behind "ascending" but the brutal re-affirmation of our misery? We incels live in a constant state of identitarian inadequacy. Our ethos is negative and reactive: it is sustained on the basis of not having sexual success.

We are accused of nihilists, but must of us are, simply, delusional cynics, which is existentially speaking an incredibly pathetic way of being. We construct this normatively inclined hierarchy by assuming that our world would be better if we had sex, if we "ascend." It is not hard to accept the world as it is and not entertain the stupid platonic concept of "another world:"

The same logic applies to all the "what if´s" behind our insecurities: "what if I had a prominent maxillary structure and a 9 inch cock?" This is, essentially , cowardice for the purpose of satisfying our resentful and masochistic fantasies about being a pathetic loser (myself included).

Nothing is going to save you if you keep this normatively oriented spirit of establishing a "world there," and a "world here." Christians were the historical experts behind this vicious mechanism. I invite you to renounce this metaphysical type of thinking and accept the world as it is. The logic of ascendance is self-destructive.

Once you go black...

...you never go back

I stopped caring about ascension recently, even if a ugly landwhale offered you a chance to ascend it would fix the problems we have living in a matriarchy and expecting loyalty from even the lowest woman is impossible from even the highest man. I reject this cruel twisted world and I only move foward with the hope of making it worse for other (especially foids)

I stopped caring about ascension recently, even if a ugly landwhale offered you a chance to ascend it would fix the problems we have living in a matriarchy and expecting loyalty from even the lowest woman is impossible from even the highest man. I reject this cruel twisted world and I only move foward with the hope of making it worse for other (especially foids)

The existence of a cruel world presupposes a more "just" world. This idetic construction is merely metaphysical cowardice.

I get your point but please stop writing in that awful pseudo-intellectual way

english is not my native language, this is the only way i know how to write. Excuse it if it sounds pseudo-intellectual

The concept of ascending makes no sense as a blackpilled incel
It's too late for us
Tbh I'd rather stay incel forever and continue to spend time online with my brocels rather than having a gf

I disagree but it does provoke an interesting discussion. I just think the concept is unavoidable because that glimmer of hope is annoyingly always there

rhfvbzneuiaovnàpdzgùasidjbnvpofjvnezrhoinj;vfnveirpurvhj,zbetnsqdgedv erhtyzgfdscx

I am a fatal pessimist. Is there a logic of ascendance? If not, there is, instead, a misconstrued belief that is innately irrational in that it extrapolates the perceived serendipity of those enlivened by sexual intimacy.

Amor Fati is greater than Amor Propre, but I cannot elaborate beyond prejudiced rhetoric.

Amor fati is, paradoxically, the only possible normativity for the nihilist, the Nietszchean and the Spinozist: it is the only path to action for those who denied the transcendental nature of actions. Evidently, total nihilism is a chimera: suicide is a normatively charged act (as Schopenhauer argues), and it is simply impossible to be human and to not act, to not have norms, or discriminate.

But do you, though? Summarize his point for us, if you would be so kind.

But do you, though? Summarize his point for us, if you would be so kind.
I believe his point is that holding out hope for a better life is not only pointless, but causing you more pain. Similar to the Buddhist idea of removing any desires from your life so you don't feel the pain and longing when you don't achieve them

Nietzsche is a materialist. I think Spinoza is too. Also, what transcendental nature of actions are you talking about? I read Schopenhauer and he never uses that term, in fact, he seems to consider the faculty of reason as the sole transcendental "influence" on the individual. Actions are purely material, though they exist within us as cognitions; for the will is phenomenal, whereas the intellect is noumenal.
Actions are not purely material, though. Actions - i.e., willful volitional acts - are preceded by thoughts. Since the noumenal supercedes the phenomenal and is superordinate to it, thus, it follows that all actions intrinsically have a transcendental component to them.

For example, a desire to behave and act in a way that you believe to be morally good (according to your own principles and beliefs) requires that you hold some noumenal ideals rooted, in part, by pure reason. This reasoned ideal in your mind is the transcendental component of any and all of your actions that carry moral weight.

Last edited:
I believe his point is that holding out hope for a better life is not only pointless, but causing you more pain. Similar to the Buddhist idea of removing any desires from your life so you don't feel the pain and longing when you don't achieve them
Good effort.

He's essentially saying that "ascension" is a cope that we've created for ourselves as a way to escape facing brutal reality, and that this is inherently cowardly.

Last edited:
I think your point is bullshit. Here is an analogy. Let's say you're about to die of thirst and hunger in the desert. You dream about drinking water every day and that thought keeps you going. One day you reach an oasis and you finally drink some water. Sure, you might not feel amazing for the rest of your life. But you're now able to focus on other things in life and don't feel like dying everyday. That sounds like an ascension to me.

Nietzsche is a materialist. I think Spinoza is too. Also, what transcendental nature of actions are you talking about? I read Schopenhauer and he never uses that term, in fact, he seems to consider the faculty of reason as the sole transcendental "influence" on the individual. Actions are purely material, though they exist within us as cognitions; for the will is phenomenal, whereas the intellect is noumenal.

I also believe that both Nietzsche and Spinoza are materialists. I´m was making a reference to Schopenhauer´s argument against suicide, i.e., that the suicidal individual just wants a different life rather than denying the "will to live" all-together. In this sense, I am doing an extrapolation of Schopenhauer´s arguments against suicide to the idea of ascending (which also implies the idea of a "different world.")

Schopenahuer mainly uses the term "trascendental" in reference to Kant´s idealism contra Leibniz´s "dogmatism." Actions, in Schopenahuer´s mind, would be phenomenical expressions of the will, but this point is unrelated to my post. As i mentioned, I cited Schopenhauer mainly for his arguments against suicide.

Good effort.

He's essentially saying that "ascension" is a cope that we've created for ourselves as a way to escape facing brutal reality, and that this is inherently cowardly.
Either way it’s not a clever point. Saying life will still be awful after you ascend is water is wet type content. Dressing it up in academic style jargon didn’t help. He said that he is not a native speaker so I will give it a pass

The concept of ascending makes no sense as a blackpilled incel
It's too late for us
Tbh I'd rather stay incel forever and continue to spend time online with my brocels rather than having a gf
And what will sitting here rotting do? Shouldn’t we incels have goals of blackpilling our society?

Think of what we could do if 1/4 of men were blackpilled. We could have our revenge on the cruel foids that made us this way.

Incel fascism is the future.

“HeeHee”

Either way it’s not a clever point. Saying life will still be awful after you ascend is water is wet type content. Dressing it up in academic style jargon didn’t help. He said that he is not a native speaker so I will give it a pass
I didn't say it was clever, but everything is "water= wet" after the fact. What he's saying isn't water-tier at all. His point that ascension is a hopeful cope designed to not have to face the black pill isn't an obvious one.

You have to give credit where it's due, even if it is couched in pretentious language.

I didn't say it was clever, but everything is "water= wet" after the fact. What he's saying isn't water-tier at all. His point that ascension is a hopeful cope designed to not have to face the black pill isn't an obvious one.

You have to give credit where it's due, even if it is couched in pretentious language.
Interpretation 1: ascension is a cope because it isn't likely to happen
Interpretation 2: ascension is a cope because life will still be awful whether you ascend or not; and you are unable to accept this awful blackpill truth

Neither are treading new ground. To say "it is designed to not have to face the blackpill" is not new. It is the literal meaning of a cope. Something we believe so as not to face the truth

Completely disagree.

If I met someone and there was mutual attraction, I would go there, for the chance to have a better, happier and more fulfilled life. That's what normal people do, that's what happy people do.

Fucking somebody isn't apostasy, and the blackpill isn't a religion. It's a coherent theory of human behaviour that explains a hell of a lot of what we see and live with every day, and that's all it is.

I went to university with 5 other boys who I would have considered truer truecels than myself TBH. Fast forward almost 20 years and three of them have ascended (that I know of) and have whole lives. Right here on .is we've just seen 33yo modcel ascend.

(I have my doubts about how that particular relationship is going to last, what are a 19yo and a 33yo going to talk about? How can she possibly relate to his decades of inceldom? Will she still be into him in a couple of years when she's grown and matured some more? Will she still want to be with a 40yo man when she's 25? But at least he has leveled up and got points on the board now. I can't imagine how that feels, knowing that actually, you can do it and actually, you are good enough, good enough for somebody at least. Gaining that knowledge about yourself after a lifetime of nothing but rejection, must be like leveling up in a video game.)

So we've seen that unicorns do exist and miracles of this type do happen.

The blackpill is a way of understanding social life and having realistic expectations. It's not a reason to turn your back on opportunities.... my 2c.

Last edited:
I'm too low IQ to understand.

I'm too low IQ to understand.
Basically, OP is saying that fantasizing about "ascending" being this "spiritual breakthrough" that "transcends the brutality of the world" is all Christian, death cult, escapist moralizing faggotry, and that the bold thing to do is to simply acknowledge the world as completely unfair and embrace it nonetheless.

Last edited:
@IncelCatechumen
@Orzmund

The grand irony of you Nietzschean philosophical types is that the only people who truly read and comprehend Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Kant, Spinoza, Weber, Spengler, even Evola - are subhumans who were drawn into transcendental philosophy from a place of ressentiment to begin with.

Nietzsche, the great ubermensch who cursed Christianity for cursing sex, ultimately couldn't get laid himself.

You should read John Fante's "Road to Los Angeles", it's a great book.

Basically, OP is saying that fantasizing about "ascending" being this "spiritual breakthrough" that "transcends the brutality of the world" is all Christian, death cult, escapist moralizing faggotry, and that the bold thing to do is to simply acknowledge the world as completely unfair and embrace it nonetheless.
Wanting to have sex is natural.

What´s the logic behind "ascending" but the brutal re-affirmation of our misery? We incels live in a constant state of identitarian inadequacy. Our ethos is negative and reactive: it is sustained on the basis of not having sexual success.

We are accused of nihilists, but must of us are, simply, delusional cynics, which is existentially speaking an incredibly pathetic way of being. We construct this normatively inclined hierarchy by assuming that our world would be better if we had sex, if we "ascend." It is not hard to accept the world as it is and not entertain the stupid platonic concept of "another world:"

The same logic applies to all the "what if´s" behind our insecurities: "what if I had a prominent maxillary structure and a 9 inch cock?" This is, essentially , cowardice for the purpose of satisfying our resentful and masochistic fantasies about being a pathetic loser (myself included).

Nothing is going to save you if you keep this normatively oriented spirit of establishing a "world there," and a "world here." Christians were the historical experts behind this vicious mechanism. I invite you to renounce this metaphysical type of thinking and accept the world as it is. The logic of ascendance is self-destructive.
Blkpillpress has said a this

And what will sitting here rotting do? Shouldn’t we incels have goals of blackpilling our society?

Think of what we could do if 1/4 of men were blackpilled. We could have our revenge on the cruel foids that made us this way.

Incel fascism is the future.

“HeeHee”
Based af
Incel activism is the way to go

Motives, I know. I was strictly referring to causes. I think willful volitional acts, as you deem them, are preceded by desires and an immediate impetus. What do you mean by "thought"?
I overlooked what you said about cognition. Apologies. What I'm saying effectively the same thing.

Have you read Arthur Schopenhauer?
No. I don't typically read the philosophy of others, but rather read the distilled analyses of their works to get to the meat and potatoes of their ideas and arguments.

It's much more cost-effective time and resource-wise to read a rigorous analysis and commentary, than it is to read the original texts and waste time thinking about something that could potentially be erroneous or have a flawed approach in the analysis due to a minor or technical misunderstanding.

But if there's any one philosopher whose works are worth investing the time into reading and understanding, it's arguably Schopenhauer.

Embrace void and take some coffee.
All we can do is contemplate hopelessness while wearing a sad and complacent smile.

Wdym by us being cynics? Slab more on that or give an example
english is not my native language, this is the only way i know how to write. Excuse it if it sounds pseudo-intellectual

Ascending as an low value men is not worth it, because if you are lucky you can only get a trash woman who will treat you as a trash. Im sure many men fuck virtually anything so they could get away from the adult virgin stigma. Still these are all presumptions because I didn't ascend.

Wanting to have sex is natural.
Sure, but portraying it in these spiritual, salvific terms is faggotry. It’s just sex. Apes fuck. It doesn’t prevent a bigger ape from taking a stone and hitting another ape who didn’t deserve it in the face repeatedly.

Sure, but portraying it in these spiritual, salvific terms is faggotry. It’s just sex. Apes fuck. It doesn’t prevent a bigger ape from taking a stone and hitting another ape who didn’t deserve it in the face repeatedly.
I want to go ER ( emergency room ) on biggest and strongest humans because they prevent me from having sex.

You aren't wrong, i got so caught up in the illusion of ascension and when reality set in, I fell hard

basically this is what i thought too. if you keep thinking about something and you want that something so bad because not only you want it but you also need it to survive, then having that thing will ease your life in all aspects wether that something has a meaning or not.

you can't just live all your life sad and look at others and be like "oh well thats life i'll accept it as it is".
Yes you can.

Evidently, there are useless stats that assert the relation between a "long life" and companionship, but there are countless examples, both historical and biographical, of individuals that had no need for it. I don´t get your point.

why do the shittiest threads always get pinned. @SlayerSlayer , this was you wasn't it?

how do i fight my basic instinct to fuck and feel loved by someone without becoming bitter sad old man? what you're saying is live the monk style but thats not for everyone especially when u didnt do that from your childhood you're already integrated into society and how society behaves you can't simply forget everything you've seen and learned in modern society because you are opressed
This response might sound cruel but you "just do it." We incels already live in the moral outskirts of society, what is stoping us from embracing other forms of radicalism? Our integration in society is, mostly, from below (we are using incel.is after all).

"just do it" isnt enough, if you can't provide a solution then might as well not say anything at all, at the end of the day there is no incel movement, no incel party, no incel ideology, no incel leader by any means. Even @Komesarj who was a MOD as soon as he got a gf left without a second thought.

wether you like it or not you need to integrate into the society you are in to prosper and enjoy even the simplest things.

The issue, although menial and fairly pathetic, is that the logic of ascending derives from the same sex-having system that we dislike. Unless you think there is always a possibility (what´s the point of the blackpill then?), you should probably not be an incel and accept that your incelness is rather conditional, basically interpreting inceldom as a temporary stage of your life that you´ll eventually overcome, but now you simply hate yourself.

Being a virgin makes us abnormal and the solution, according to the logic of ascending, is to "become normale." Ironically, you are abiding by the same rules that destroyed you.

I am fairly comfortable in my in-humanity (abnormality).