Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

As a frugal person, reading reddit stories about people saving or spending money is filling me with envy

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I'm frugal since I'm a minimalist (because I'm lazy). I do spend money on the things truly important to me, for example I own a very expensive laptop (I use it like 16 hours a day when I'm not working, it's my main cope), but other than that I'm very frugal, I don't really buy anything, even food for my fat ass is something I keep an eye on and only really buy cheap stuff.

But no matter how frugal I am, how much are you possibly gonna save with a salary of $300 a month? And by the time the corrupt government is done taxing it, I take home about $230. And I'm not even doing that bad compared to some.

So reading things on reddit that mention car payments, investments, savings etc... has me filled with envy. If I had that kind of income I'd literally be a millionaire in under 20 years, and yet it seems that those people are very wasteful with their money even by my standards (I don't shy away from splurging on stuff like a laptop, so it's not like I'm crazy frugal, but even frugal people on reddit seem to be pretty wasteful).

Last edited:
Normies are very wasteful and materialisticachchhchchcjsjakakkaoaaoapapapqpqpqppqpqapqpwllwlw

It's a never ending cycle. I assure you if you had those things you read about reddit you would be exposed to other things that would also fill you with envy, and you will be back to your present state of materialist longing and dissatisfaction.

My material aspirations are just having my own place and enough space for my hobbies.

how much is a studio apartment where u are if u make 300 a month full time?

I'm frugal since I'm a minimalist (because I'm lazy). I do spend money on the things truly important to me, for example I own a very expensive laptop, but other than that I'm very frugal, I don't really buy anything, even food for my fat ass is something I keep an eye on and only really buy cheap stuff.

But no matter how frugal I am, how much are you possibly gonna save with a salary of $300 a month? And by the time the corrupt government is done taxing it, I take home about $230. And I'm not even doing that bad compared to some.

So reading things on reddit that mention car payments, investments, savings etc... has me filled with envy. If I had that kind of income I'd literally be a millionaire in under 20 years, and yet it seems that those people are very wasteful with their money even by my standards (I don't shy away from splurging on stuff like a laptop, so it's not like I'm crazy frugal, but even frugal people on reddit seem to be pretty wasteful).
You are one of the most depressing bros on here. :feelsbadman:

how much is a studio apartment where u are if u make 300 a month full time?
Well, many people own their apartments around here. You see, when the communist regime ended, you could apply to get a free apartment. I still live with my parents to save money, cause rent can get pretty expensive (not sure how much, but I do know that to rent you either need to be a couple and both pay or at least have a decent paying job or work 2 jobs or something). Idk if it makes much sense for a single person to rent around here, it would be like half your salary or more.

It sucks to live in the 3rd world

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back