Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

[Article] "Just Say No: Video Game Romantic Rejection is Far Too Rare"

epillepsy

epillepsy

plz don't mock me
★★★★★
DON'T CLICK ABOVE ARTICLE.

ARCHIVE LINK SO HE DOESN'T GET CLICKS: https://archive.is/03QbQ

TLDR: In video games in which romance with a fictional foid is possible, the foid should reject the male gamer more often, because women aren't rewards to be won and video games should show female empowerment.

This article is mainly criticizing JRPGs and dating sims in which gamers can enjoy fictional relationships with fake foids in order to escape from this garbage world and cope a bit with escapism. The author says that video games should be more realistic and that the gamers who are playing should be rejected by anime foids as well, and this should teach the gamers not to see women as rewards that you gain by making "certain choices." (that's a quote from the article, btw)

This article is sinister because there is a contingent of people who want gamers who play romance games (mainly they see them as incels who are unattractive and unsuccessful in relationships) to be "punished" by not being able to cope with having even a fictional girlfriend. The author gets a spiteful pleasure from taking everything away from people he hates.

Quotes from the article:
For as much critique as it deserves for its overly accommodating treatment of these issues in the Dragon Age and Mass Effect games, BioWare at least gets credit for a few straight-up “no thank you”s across the decades: Seth Green’s Joker will (reluctantly) turn down a pass from Commander Shepard in Mass Effect 3, while Dragon Age 2’s Aveline will outright ignore player character Hawke’s attempts to press their suit. But it feels notable that I had to cherry-pick those examples pretty aggressively from a wide host of games, and that most of the other ones that come to mind come only from situations with incompatible orientations in play, rather than lack of attraction to the apparently irresistible player. After 30 years of attempts at a convincing video game romance, you can still count the number of outright incidents of “Sorry, it doesn’t matter how many Charisma points you have, it’s just not going to happen between us” on maybe two hands.
"Fictional characters should reject men but only if they're not gay."
He is saying here that he wants fictional characters to reject the player more often in romantic situations but ONLY if they are straight. In this quote, he bitches about how gay players get rejected due to the fictional guy's heterosexuality.

All video game romances are, by definition, fake. (This is obvious, right? Please tell me that this is extremely obvious.) They’re simulations, designed to evoke certain feelings, and to play on the intimacy of a medium that has a player interact, often as themselves, in supposedly meaningful ways with a fictional world.
In a film, it would be bizarre for a character to look a viewer in the eyes and say, “I love you,” but in games—especially modern games—it happens all the time. (Looking at you, Final Fantasy VII Remake.)

This doesn't make sense because why would a movie character tell the viewer that she loves him? The audience of a movie is not supposed to be part of the narrative. But in a video game, the player is in the narrative so it makes sense for a video game foid to declare her love to you.

That false connection is powerful, off-putting, and maybe even a little dangerous. Using it to teach players, subconsciously or not, that achieving romance with another person is a factor of correct choices—that the right inputs can always be relied upon to produce the desired outputs—is an ugly side effect of a genre that traffics in some of the most intense emotions we have collective access to.

Here, he is basically admitting that some men can't get sex IRL no matter what choices they make, acknowledging lookism.
But then he goes on to say that these people should also get rejected in video games no matter what they do.
Can you imagine a dating sim in which it's impossible to get a girl no matter what choices you make?

Learning how to take the L in love can be painful and sad, but it’s a form of acceptance that’s absolutely necessary for proper social and emotional functioning. So I ask you, games, please: Break our hearts. (Or at least, blunt our crushes.) For once in your life, tell your players no. It’s for our, and everybody else’s, good.
And here he pretends to be someone who plays JRPGs to gain authority. But you know he plays only shitty modern AAA games.

I don't really play video games, but I do remember in Dragon Quest VIII how happy I felt to be talking to the princess at nighttime when she transformed back from a horse. And I also played some hentai games in the past.

Last edited:
Honestly this retards just make this trash articles because people keep reading them. It's all retarded bullshit to get clicks

Honestly this retards just make this trash articles because people keep reading them. It's all retarded bullshit to get clicks
some people really think like this though

teaching foids to read and write is literally the root of all our problems today

i read the archive.
The writer attempts to use a techniques such as analogy and diction to try and build a relationship with the reader.

But he fails to realize that video games are
AN ESCAPE FROM REALITY.

so he is saying that it should be more realistic and reject the player?? then what is the point of it being a video game? the player can just attempt to mingle with a foid only to be pushed away for being to ugly. No need to simulate cold-hearted foids in a video game. They are already plentiful in reality!!

What a low iq retard. also the amount of asides written in parentheses makes it really hard to read.

This is complete nonsense. How is it alright to have power fantasies, wish fulfillment, but then have it selectively stop being okay the moment it involves a romantic relationship? Moreover, what is even the point of escapist media if it fails to function as means of escapism?

Yeah this guy just despises low value males, I don't see another way of looking at it. He seems like one of those sorts of people who wouldn't be content until our every last method of coping was taken away.

This is complete nonsense. How is it alright to have power fantasies, wish fulfillment, but then have it selectively stop being okay the moment it involves a romantic relationship? Moreover, what is even the point of escapist media if it fails to function as means of escapism?

Yeah this guy just despises low value males, I don't see another way of looking at it. He seems like one of those sorts of people who wouldn't be content until our every last method of coping was taken away.

the author has obviously never played enough dating sims. Having said that, IRL is way harder than even dating sims that even foids agree are notoriously difficult

the author has obviously never played enough dating sims. Having said that, IRL is way harder than even dating sims that even foids agree are notoriously difficult
why do foids play dating sims in the first place?

i played this a long time ago:
I couldn't get the teacher even with save scum, so i just ended up looking up the scenes online.

shit. They even want to deny us what we cannot get in real life.

Ngl. I would love an option where you could rape foids in-game if they reject you, that'd be escapism on a whole new level.

If I had superpowers, I would kill people like this.

OP, could u recommend some date sims you’ve played? if any? thanks

OP, could u recommend some date sims you’ve played? if any? thanks
the only dating sim i played for significant amount of time was true love above about 20 years ago.
it's hard to get working on modern computers.

I'm fine with getting rejected by NPCs as long as I can rape them.

They don't want ugly males to experience even a tiny bit of happiness, ever.
That's pure cruelty.

They don't want ugly males to experience even a tiny bit of happiness, ever.
That's pure cruelty.
Remember every sex haver arrogantly thinks "my son won't be one of those incels losers, I'll make sure he grows up to be manly and good at sports :soy:"

A lot of fault for creating future incels lies with sex havers that want to spread their genes even knowing what could go wrong.

Remember every sex haver arrogantly thinks "my son won't be one of those incels losers, I'll make sure he grows up to be manly and good at sports :soy:"

A lot of fault for creating future incels lies with sex havers that want to spread their genes even knowing what could go wrong.

Another reason is that many selfish sex havers don't actually love their children in the sense that they don't care about them, especially if they are ugly males. I saw this many times in my life but it was the most apparent in the case of ER's father who clearly never gave a shit about his son, even after he died he acted like it was minor inconvenience that he got rid of.

Another reason is that many selfish sex havers don't actually love their children in the sense that they don't care about them, especially if they are ugly males. I saw this many times in my life but it was the most apparent in the case of ER's father who clearly never gave a shit about his son, even after he died he acted like it was minor inconvenience that he got rid of.
Tbh they just followed what everyone around them was doing and had kids and felt entitled to having "successful", enviable kids by default. Yet another way sexhavers are way more entitled than incels ever could be.

Last edited:
JFL, that was written by a guy. Cucks are so tremendously pathetic.

I wish an anime girl would give me a footjob :cryfeels:

What are they talking about? I get rejected in my h-games all the time

What are they talking about? I get rejected in my h-games all the time
they want you to not be able to fuck the anime foid AT ALL.
see where it says that women are not rewards to be won through proper inputs.
yes, you can get rejected in h-games but you can also be accepted.

they want you to not be able to fuck the anime foid AT ALL.
see where it says that women are not rewards to be won through proper inputs.
yes, you can get rejected in h-games but you can also be accepted.
I usually try to turn down the 2-d foid
their pussy probably smells like fish sticks

I usually try to turn down the 2-d foid
their pussy probably smells like fish sticks
a 2d foid's pussy will smell like flowers.
it's an idealized version of the 3d foid.

a 2d foid's pussy will smell like flowers.
it's an idealized version of the 3d foid.
maybe I was smelling the chicken tendies mommy left out for me
oh well

maybe I was smelling the chicken tendies mommy left out for me
oh well
stop eating chicken tendies that smell like fish sticks, it's probably rotten.

They can’t even let us cope with waifu’s :cryfeels:

I disagree with the article for the additional reason that the characters you play as in those games are often tall, handsome, and especially neurotypical.

I disagree with the article for the additional reason that the characters you play as in those games are often tall, handsome, and especially neurotypical.
This.

It makes perfect sense that in videogames you almost always tend to get the girl if you want her because your main protagonist character that you play as is a giga Chad ie think pretty much ALL Final Fantasy games where Giga Chad is you’re archetypal pretty boy giga Chad.

GENOCIDE GENOCIDE GENOOOOOOOOOCIDEEEEEEEEE fuel.

Yes getting rejected IRL is not enough, getting rejected in video games is just what I want

This.

It makes perfect sense that in videogames you almost always tend to get the girl if you want her because your main protagonist character that you play as is a giga Chad ie think pretty much ALL Final Fantasy games where Giga Chad is you’re archetypal pretty boy giga Chad.
Yeah, I'm not even sure there is a game where the main character is lacking completely in SMV, as we are. Certainly none of the most well-known or popular ones.