Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

ARMA

nausea

nausea

Fesikh
★★★★★
combat sim based on training program for infantry

I suggest you try arma 2, fully moddable with an ICREDIBLE amount of mods of superhigh quality

I ended up having almost all my hd space full with mods

every army is covered, detailed maps of every kind, fictional stuff included

wanna do taliban vs omon? you can

EDITOR: the best editor avaiable, you can do everything

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ADotr8JE4[/video]

@blickpall
@commander_zoidberg

i play arma 3 from time to time, i like how "realistic" it is compared to other shooters.

retarded_dumbshit said:
i play arma 3 from time to time, i like how "realistic" it is compared to other shooters.
I never bought arma 3 because they decided to go futuristic

also, you shall check the mods for arma2, maybe it will give you a reason to play that instead

nausea said:

also, you shall check the mods for arma2, maybe it will give you a reason to play that instead

arma 3 isn't futuristic as far as i know, but then again username related huehuehee. ill check out arma 2.

retarded_dumbshit said:
nausea said:
arma 3 isn't futuristic as far as i know, but then again username related huehuehee. ill check out arma 2.
yes it is, they based it on future armies, like digital camo, advanced weaps etc ( all stuff that is a thing now, but only as a toptier thing, that's what I mean )

I used to play for few weeks with some autistic virtual asg fags. We were playing scenarios made by our users and there was like 100 people on the server and we were all one army, with teamspeak plugin that allowed voices to come from where you stand and volume getting adequately lower on distances, with radio, squads, commanders and shit. That was fun.

Akarin said:
I've been playing for few weeks with some autistic virtual asg fags. There was like 100 people on the server and we were all one army, with teamspeak plugin that allowed voices to come from where you stand and volume getting adequately lower on distances, with radio, squads, commanders and shit. That was fun.
yes I did that too

tried any mod?

I preferred single player with editor and mods

nausea said:
yes I did that too

tried any mod?

I preferred single player with editor and mods

We had thousands of mods with enhanced first aid and shit. I've played a bit with the editor but only because of curiosity, my 8yo myself would certainly love that, I spent countless hours in Heroes 3 editor.

Akarin said:
enhanced first aid and shit
yep, THAT mod

the best mods are made by russian teams

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xY-mthdOfc[/video]

Isn't arma 2 the base game for Day Z mod? I've always wanted to try it but now I heard that the standalone is weak.

blickpall said:
Isn't arma 2 the base game for Day Z mod? I've always wanted to try it but now I heard that the standalone is weak.
yes it is

arma2 isn't weak at all, but the engine is a bit bugged

nausea said:
yes it is

I meant the standalone Day Z game, not arma, and not the Day Z mod for arma.

blickpall said:
nausea said:
yes it is
I meant the standalone Day Z game, not arma, and not the Day Z mod for arma.
ah, didn't try dayz sorry, only zombie game I liked was l4d

did tons of stuff with this game

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xseusROI6n4[/video]

nausea said:

I'm just waiting on Left 4 Dead 3 to be made. I have no clue why the fuck it hasn't been done already.

QuantumDummy said:
nausea said:
I'm just waiting on Left 4 Dead 3 to be made. I have no clue why the fuck it hasn't been done already.
I tried l4d2 but it was the very same l4d thing, no innovation at all

retarded_dumbshit said:
ill check out arma 2.
vote for some gamereport ( arma2+oa+every dlc+mods )

choose one

1 counterdrug operation
2 hitman
3 clearing of village
4 attack on position
5 combined arms
6 hostage rescue
7 hostile territory escape
8 propose one and I will check my memory
9 propose one and I MAYBE will do it for you

in 8 and 9 feel free to unleash your imagination

nausea said:

choose one

1 counterdrug operation
2 hitman
3 clearing of village
4 attack on position
5 combined arms
6 hostage rescue

shit, i honestly have no idea what youre talking about. if i had to choose id say the 3rd option is the most appealing to me.

retarded_dumbshit said:
nausea said:
choose one
1 counterdrug operation
2 hitman
3 clearing of village
4 attack on position
5 combined arms
6 hostage rescue
shit, i honestly have no idea what youre talking about. if i had to choose id say the 3rd option is the most appealing to me.

like using the editor to create scenarios or using a scenario made by other players

so you like the village thing eh? you shall be served ( soon )

nausea said:
like using the editor to create scenarios or using a scenario made by other players

i dont have arma 2 though. i dont have the money for it either. these days im playing a little of arma 3 and some fallout new vegas.

retarded_dumbshit said:
nausea said:
i dont have arma 2 though. i dont have the money for it either. these days im playing a little of arma 3 and some fallout new vegas.
it's from my last mental collapse that I don't play any game

nausea said:
it's from my last mental collapse that I don't play any game

sorry about that. hopefully you'll find enjoyment in things again soon.

retarded_dumbshit said:
sorry about that
do not be sorry my main man truly

I actually have good news about this whole mental thing eh

I used to play ARMA II some years ago, stopped once I familiarized myself with it because I got a TF2 addiction.

ordinaryotaku said:
I used to play ARMA II some years ago, stopped once I familiarized myself with it because I got a TF2 addiction.
ah good
I developed armaaddiction instead
VOTEVOTEVOTE quickly

@retarded_dumbshit

this report is experimental for I just recall my memory and due to the nature of the game I didn't find any image enough explicative around, I will use a couple of images but just to give the vibe and to try to give the right context

MAYBE in the future I shall do some playthrough and post my own images

let's go with the village thing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

custom mission done by me with the editor to test OMON mod

mods: only OMON for this mission ( you can turn mods on\off with a special tool )

this is OMON

bink_omon1.jpg

player : OMON

enemy ( opfor ): chernarus rebels

map : chernarus ( the main default one )

support : MI24 1x

time : afternoon

weather : clear

precisation: the editor has a "randomize" function to allow the player to create uncertainity about the actual strenght of the enemy\allies ( and more ), I used it here ( aka Idk the exact degree of resistance I will face )

target : village occupied by rebels

mission 1 : clear village

mission 2 : avoid consistent losses

image of what the village looks like

dayz-the-landmarks-of-chernarus-duke-kozlov-s-legacy-10.jpg

and the support

arma2update3.jpg

ACTION

My squad, I let the AI command it, starts approaching the target, which is on higher ground, we enter the village and move through high grass field and fences, no shot fired.
Radio reports of contacts start incoming, enemies are apparently inside buildings, no patrols spotted.
On a nearby hill there's a precint guarded by two hostiles. Support incoming ( engine sound getting close ).
I crouch and observe, aiming at the hostiles. The rest of my squad continue movement through the field, reaching cover ( a fence ) near the first houses.
Chopper starts firing hellfires to the hill, then shit happens: enemy has AA and shoots it down.
Couple of seconds and a patrol pops up from a nearby forest, AI leader orders fire at will: the patrol is killed.
Firefight ensures everywhere, radio goes havok with screams and orders, I start firing at windows around.
Situation is fubar clearly: half the squad is killed\wounded, the rest I lost visual contact with.
I decide to reach a better position, start running, got hit and lay down wounded. I cannot run anymore ( leg hit ). The bandage option works but I am stuck in the middle of some field, waiting to be sniped for good.
Last message is "leader killed". Then I got hit again and now I cannot even aim.
Couple of seconds and screen starts darkening, then black.
Out of curiosity, I switch to the survivors: 1 mg, 1 cm and 1 wounded. All stuck somewhere in the field.

END. 

debriefing: 7 hostiles killed, 13 kia plus the support. No goal achieved.

nausea said:
@retarded_dumbshit

this report is experimental for I just recall my memory and due to the nature of the game I didn't find any image enough explicative around, I will use a couple of images but just to give the vibe and to try to give the right context

oh wow, aint that some shit. i loved it.

why did you call in the support helo so quick? or maybe the AI commander did it? i personally wouldve tried taking out those first two guys up the hill and would've continued my way into the village, all as stealthily as possible. i wouldnt have called for support unless we were engaged in a major gunfight.

when i started reading your text i assumed that you were going to be succesful. for some reason i like that you weren't; it's a nice change of pace. are you going to try again?

retarded_dumbshit said:
oh wow, aint that some shit. i loved it.
it's the unpredictability of the simulation, every thing you do especially with the editor is always prone to surprise you, no matter what ( combined arms or simple hitman )
retarded_dumbshit said:
why did you call in the support helo so quick? or maybe the AI commander did it?
honestly i don't remember, I was supernoob with the editor and I am still crap level now so...probably I used the default support function : set time + target area and behaviour
retarded_dumbshit said:
i personally wouldve tried taking out those first two guys up the hill and would've continued my way into the village, all as stealthily as possible. i wouldnt have called for support unless we were engaged in a major gunfight.
I was not equipped with silenced weapons, my initial idea was to wait for the support even before moving entirely ( I tried this other times and still managed to fail the mission objectives )
retarded_dumbshit said:
when i started reading your text i assumed that you were going to be succesful. for some reason i like that you weren't; it's a nice change of pace
in this game I am mostly unsuccessful
retarded_dumbshit said:
are you going to try again?
MAYBE

I have tons of missions\scenarios\campaigns done, I tried every quality mod and custom missions, truly epic

If I manage to grasp how to make ingame screenshots I will maybe make documented reports in this game and other strat\tact games

until then, I shall just go with what I remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMV0MeoQr6w

polisharmymod @Akarin, but there are more