Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Arguments Against Gyms

R

ResentER

Banned
-
If I ask you to tell me the disadvantages of going to a gym and how accessible and recommedable it really is for people. What would you come up with?

Arguments, experiences, things that no one considers of going, what types of people would be more complicated to try it, etc.

You have a lot of time, so if you want to write a wall of text to explain it. Go ahead.

most inkwells should just get a treadmill or indoor bike so they can atleast stay active and healthy.

I don't think there's really much arguments against it. It's healthy as long as you don't take roids and it's not a bad idea to be strong, lean or know how to fight as an incel because normies can be animals.

I don't think there's really much arguments against it. It's healthy as long as you don't take roids and it's not a bad idea to be strong, lean or know how to fight as an incel because normies can be animals.
Roids are the only solution

Couple thousand dollars and enough space in your house, you won't need a gym. Free weights, a bench, and a squat/deadlift rack are all you need.

argument agains gym: ldar and suicide by entropy
other than that nothing

looksmax for some ugly fat cunt. idiots.

the mind needs to be changed.

Gym sucks. To exercise you only need a place to run and a horizontal bar. See no point in paying for this.

most inkwells should just get a treadmill or indoor bike so they can atleast stay active and healthy.
Yes, but of where will their get motivation? People live with routines, where would they start to actually do that exercise every day?

It can work against they do it in home, as they will be looking for excuses to don't do it. But if they go to the gym, seeing others might demotivate, can be for physique or the number of years that others had to go through to achieve that improvement. So they would have to have a lot of motivation to do it.

Lifting is not healthy in itself. Your strength may improve, but there's also the increase of injuries and stress on the body.

Cardio is beneficial, but you don't need a gym for that.

only manlets need to go to the gym

argument agains gym: ldar and suicide by entropy
other than that nothing
Also money, distance, time and other options such as not overindulging in food, or having a good health by walking a little, which could solve health problems without needing a gym.

Nigga I'm not writing your university paper bullshit for free.

Arguments against it :

-Costs money
-Time consuming
-Risk of injury
-You will get mogged a lot
-If you have bad muscle-building genes or naturally low T, there is absolutely no point in trying
-Foids do not care about muscle, they care about bone structure
-If it's just to stay fit, do body weight work outs at home or outdoors activities
-Being pumped up doesn't matter anymore nowadays, we don't live in the 80s

Argument for it:

-You will gain some muscle and some men will "respect" you more

All of the Hollywood actors, bodybuilders, fitness influencers, and professional athletes you see with super ripped physiques are using steroids. You'll never look the way they do just by lifting weights.

Super unpopular opinion: cardio has great health benefits and is more important for the average person than weight lifting.

Weight lifting for the average person is kind of a meme. All they're likely to get out of it is an injury.

Last edited:
Screenshot 20240131 032540

only manlets need to go to the gym
It's a good point, if they don't have another genetic or economic problem, they would only be surpassed by those who have more than them. But they could still have more options, than normal people.

Lifting is not healthy in itself. Your strength may improve, but there's also the increase of injuries and stress on the body.

Cardio is beneficial, but you don't need a gym for that.

Some of the items are a meme, like improved self-esteem (not very useful in and of itself).

Well, I used to go to a gym.
Now, I just run and don’t need a gym for that.

One negative about the gym is waiting for equipment. It seemed like the thing I wanted to use was always taken and I’d have to wait to use it.

Another negative is money. For a couple years membership, you simply could have built a modest home gym.

One more negative is bad exercise advice. Most people in the gym really have no idea what they are doing.
They have no education in exercise and act like they are actually experts.

Only real argument against it for sub5 is getting mogged. Otherwise most other "argumemts" are just excuses

Only real argument against it for sub5 is getting mogged. Otherwise most other "argumemts" are just excuses
In fact, i don't think that "excuses" exist when some explanations are clear. Most of the arguments can be about genetics. But the problem aren't just genetics, things like how far away the place is from your house or how much money you have for pay it . A lot of things need luck and you can't control them.

The gym shouldn't be something that was recommended to people, before, something like muscles were necessary. But in this times they aren't, only for others to see you physically. Besides, who likes to create a routine in which they have to expend energy just to be more healthier?

In fact, i don't think that "excuses" exist when some explanations are clear. Most of the arguments can be about genetics. But the problem aren't just genetics, things like how far away the place is from your house or how much money you have for pay it . A lot of things need luck and you can't control them.

The gym shouldn't be something that was recommended to people, before, something like muscles were necessary. But in this times they aren't, only for others to see you physically. Besides, who likes to create a routine in which they have to expend energy just to be more healthier?
All i hear are excuses. If someone doesnt want to go to the gym thats fine, but at least own it and say you dont wanna go to the gym because yo dont care. Its clown shit to make up random ass excuses that the gym is actually bad for your health (yes there are people who claim that) or other bullshit.

You don't even have to go to the gym to stay fit, jogging or hiking a few times a week is also good.

All i hear are excuses. If someone doesnt want to go to the gym thats fine, but at least own it and say you dont wanna go to the gym because yo dont care. Its clown shit to make up random ass excuses that the gym is actually bad for your health (yes there are people who claim that) or other bullshit.

You don't even have to go to the gym to stay fit, jogging or hiking a few times a week is also good.
When it comes to health, many recommend the gym for making you healthier. But what good does it really do you to be healthier? They also use excuses to recommend the gym to you.

Obviously I don't like the gym at all. But it's annoying when someone uses excuses to motivate you to go, without telling you the truth, the gym is not to be healthier, it's to be accepted by society and for women to pay attention to you because they are superficial whores.

its a cope. just be lean to show your bones and foids gonna like you
if youre boneless its just a cope

Going to the gym is one more possibility to get bullied.

So i gymmaxx at home

Create your own home-gym. Planet Fitness is fucking gay and is for normies. Hell, with the way things are and foids recording dude's they don't like so they can go viral - if that doesn't sway you out from going to public gyms, than I don't know what will. Just buy weights and shit for yourself / your home. In the long run, it's less expensive than having a long-term commitment to a normie gym.

When it comes to health, many recommend the gym for making you healthier. But what good does it really do you to be healthier? They also use excuses to recommend the gym to you.

Obviously I don't like the gym at all. But it's annoying when someone uses excuses to motivate you to go, without telling you the truth, the gym is not to be healthier, it's to be accepted by society and for women to pay attention to you because they are superficial whores.
It maintains your muscles by actively using them. If you dont train your muscles regularly they will regress

The gym sucks because there’s lots of people. I go there to take showers at night so I don’t have to deal with the shit

The gym sucks because there’s lots of people. I go there to take showers at night so I don’t have to deal with the shit
Wouldn't it be better if you just didn't take showers until you get home? You'll be back more fast going earlier.

There are a lot of normies at the gym and you have to pay a membership for it. it would be better to set up a home gym.

No point in doing any physical activity no matter where you do it. Contributes nothing to your health, actually makes it worse
And contributes nothing to your attractiveness, it's all about skeletal frame and insertions. Extreme framecels look way more comical and ridiculous with muscles. And it actually makes you uglier due to it being unhealthy because it ages you.

Incels shouldn't got to the gym because they'll get accused of being a creep by the foids who go there