Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Arguing with strangers over the internet is pointless

StonePath

StonePath

Greycel
There's no way you can change a person's mind easily especially if it doesn't align with mainstream societal values of the time.

It's a waste of time and effort which can be well spent on other areas of life.

It's still satisfying sometimes to destroy the other person.

Most people are too deep in their own ideologies, Its like the ideological subversion tactic the mainstream has used so anything you tell or show them they will not believe or listen.

There's no way you can change a person's mind easily especially if it doesn't align with mainstream societal values of the time.

It's a waste of time and effort which can be well spent on other areas of life.
okay grAY

Most people are too deep in their own ideologies, Its like the ideological subversion tactic the mainstream has used so anything you tell or show them they will not believe or listen.
There's no point in trying to change their minds jfl.

Completely agree. I never saw anyone changing his mind over a debate. If you want to change someone's mind or win them over, straight up attacking their beliefs will only push them away. Most people just want to win the debate to be "right" even if they just bored out the second person.

If you can't convince them, at least counter them. You can't let them get away with all spreading bullshit misinformation.

If you can't convince them, at least counter them. You can't let them get away with all spreading bullshit misinformation.
You can't counter hordes of normies who shit on anyone who thinks a different way.

A lone wolf can be crushed to death by hordes of sheep.

Completely agree. I never saw anyone changing his mind over a debate. If you want to change someone's mind or win them over, straight up attacking their beliefs will only push them away. Most people just want to win the debate to be "right" even if they just bored out the second person.
And they will do it in the dirtiest way possible, using logical fallacies and other normies to bully you into submission.

And they will do it in the dirtiest way possible, using logical fallacies and other normies to bully you into submission.
Yeah, it happened to me recently. They ganged up on me and started ignoring whatever i wrote and they reinforced each other opinions. Pointless, like you said.

Yeah, it happened to me recently. They ganged up on me and started ignoring whatever i wrote and they reinforced each other opinions. Pointless, like you said.
It only enrages me, sorry you had to go through that.

Sometimes I wonder if these people feel bad for how they treat people like us, but both of us already know the answer. They don't.

I've come to this conclusion as well. Not just online tho. This is just as true offline.

yep, if I feel like they aren't able to change my mind and I aren't able to change theirs then I will stop arguing. He's not willing to admit he's wrong and neither am I, so what's the point?

Its not like i have anything better to do

High IQ, could spend time on better things