Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Are you reading any books currently?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20659
  • Start date
Deleted member 20659

Deleted member 20659

Banned
-
Which ones? Do you like them so far?

I’ve been meaning to get into the habit of reading. I’ve got a ton of books that I haven’t delved into yet but I can’t seem to get my mind to focus on reading and I keep getting distracted. Think it’s because of my autism but I don’t know.

"I Never Would Have Slept With You If I Had Known You Were a Giant Birdman From Outer Space: Ancient Aliens and Other Mysteries of the Modern Mind"

Yes, its a good book.

Ive been reading Ride the Tiger by Julius Evola but I will have to start again because I have very poor reading retention

Not really, but I need to get back to this and at least finish it:
51sqAec%2BEqL._SX366_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Youre into plants?
I'm a farmer, I raise chicken and harvest wild edibles. Next step is planning an edible forest with the most useful plants I found around

I usually read my books in one sitting ngltbhdedsrs so i am not in "middle" of one per se,

but i read Nicomachean Ethics last night, based ngl

I don't read, i'm a manlet ngl

Only books I've read in the past decade have been self help books. Got halfway through Jordan Petersons book a couple of years ago before I tapped out. Haven't read anything since.

no, but i consider this forum a book tbh

No motivation and concentration to read

I try but am too low IQ. Couldn't get past first page of both Homers books.

The selfish gene, by Richard Dawkins. Been meaning to read it for a while.

What makes you think he's a fraud
Hes a neoliberal secular humanist. His doctrines are full of hidden moral imperatives and metaphysical assumptions he is oblivious to given his very simplistic understanding of philosophy

Hes a neoliberal secular humanist. His doctrines are full of hidden moral imperatives and metaphysical assumptions he is oblivious to given his very simplistic understanding of philosophy
From what I've raid of this book he seems to stick to facts. I know he's a fervent critique of religion though, and or though I don't know for sure I suppose he defends the idea humanity would be better off without it. I'm not certain I agree with that.