Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Are you a Premodernist, a Modernist or a Postmodernist?

Which one are you?

• Total voters
Progeny of Horus

Progeny of Horus

Cerebral Rapist
-
I'll give a brief explanation of what each typically entails.

1. Premodernism: strict social, religious and political traditionalism; conventional art and literature style; and general cynicism towards the enlightenment age and certainly the post-industrial revolution world. Deferring to scripture and tradition as a means of establishing an objective morality. Society over the individual.

2. Modernism: reliance on empiricism and the scientific method to achieve progress, abandonment of traditional values and beliefs, experimentational and unconventional art and literature styles, employing reason and empirical methods to establish objective standards of right and wrong. Individual over the collectivity.

3. Postmodernism: general skepticism towards religion, science and politics; heavy employment of intertextuality, irony and absurdity in literature; subjectivity and relativism of 'meaning', reality and morality/ethics. E.G. "gender/race/sexuality is a social construct".

Modernism

I believe in no religion
God would of not made me incel if he loved me

Modernism > Premodernism > Postmodernism

I chose premodernism but I don't think science and tradition have to be enemies

Also if you're a postmodernist aka braindead faggot just kys

Being trad would mean marriage, marrying women is just being a cuck with extra steps, plus I hate kids

I think we should favor society over the individual, but religion shouldn't be used to form objective morality. Traditional values and morals are based off of logic for what makes a society not end up like the hellhole the majority of people live in today. Basically a combination of the first two. :feelsjuice:

modernist tbh
being premodernist and still waiting to get pussy is a total cope, things weren't any better in the old times, you will just end up as low class poverty citizen and get used as a literal slaves for the benefit of the rich people.
also toilets were never trads in their whole existence, even in the past they just used men for money and nothing more and they will cheat on you if they get the opportunity

Screenshot 20230430 152209 713

modernist for me. premodernist for foids

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back