Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are there any fans of horror fiction?

Nothingness

Nothingness

The Knight Of The Swords
-
Are you fan of horror fiction
If so what are your favorite horror writers?

I might get into reading I havent read a novel in forever

Most horror is pretty bad tbh.

Yes bro, I love Weird Fiction, Cosmic Horror, Gothic Horror and Dark Fantasy including classics and pulp. Clark Ashton Smith, Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, Algernon Blackwood, Montague Rhodes James, Robert W. Chambers, John Ramsey Campbell etc..

Mostly listen to audiobooks on youtube. Being a blindcel and poorcel sucks.

Yes bro, I love Weird Fiction, Cosmic Horror, Gothic Horror and Dark Fantasy including classics and pulp. Clark Ashton Smith, Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, Algernon Blackwood, Montague Rhodes James, Robert W. Chambers, John Ramsey Campbell.

Mostly listen to audiobooks on youtube. Being a blindcel and poorcel sucks.

etc.
You have a very good taste. I love all of them too
So did you read Willows by Alrgernon Blackwood?
Edited

Last edited:
I have a very good taste. I love all of them too
So did you read Willows by Alrgernon Blackwood?
Yes. It's ultra creepy.
The build up is so nice.
Portrayal so life like.

Gave me shivers. I want to listen to it again taking psychdelics tbh.

You're not German by chance?

Fuck, there was such a nice fanmade audiobook with fitting music, but it was deleted due to copyright it seems. :feels:

Yes. It's ultra creepy.
The build up is so nice.
Portrayal so life like.

Gave me shivers. I want to listen to it again taking psychdelics tbh.

You're not German by chance?

Fuck, there was such a nice fanmade audiobook with fitting music, but it was deleted due to copyright it seems. :feels:
Yeas , it is the most scary story ive ever read.
It reminds me of Solaris by Stanislav Lem ( the same theme of incomprehensible but yet sentient world) but it is far more scary and more elegant in its expression of pure horror.
No Im not a german.

sounds like a good cope. Any suggestions to start?

yeas
Born of Man and Woman by Richard Matheson
Willows by Algernon Blackwood
The Outsider by Lovecraft

I like it, but I don't have any in particular.

I'm really into creepypasta. I got into it way before it became mainstream, due to browsing 4chan's Paranormal board. Technically, it's horror fiction but not that much detailed, although there are lengthy creepypastas as well. It's been a while since I've read them, though, but I like reading creepypasta at night while either listening to horror movie soundtracks or classical music. I used to hate classical music, but then I realized I'm listening to a dead guy's music, so it just meshed well together. I don't read horror books, though, but I did when I was still in elementary school. I loved reading the Goosebumps books. The television show was awesome, too, and nightmare fuel for young kids. I remember watching the Goosebumps reruns on television after I came home from school. I'm really into horror movies as well, I have a couple of hundred titles under my belt, and I watch all kinds of horror movies. Asian horror movies are the best, if you ask me.

There are actually good turkish horror movies which i like

I'm really into creepypasta. I got into it way before it became mainstream, due to browsing 4chan's Paranormal board. Technically, it's horror fiction but not that much detailed, although there are lengthy creepypastas as well. It's been a while since I've read them, though, but I like reading creepypasta at night while either listening to horror movie soundtracks or classical music. I used to hate classical music, but then I realized I'm listening to a dead guy's music, so it just meshed well together. I don't read horror books, though, but I did when I was still in elementary school. I loved reading the Goosebumps books. The television show was awesome, too, and nightmare fuel for young kids. I remember watching the Goosebumps reruns on television after I came home from school. I'm really into horror movies as well, I have a couple of hundred titles under my belt, and I watch all kinds of horror movies. Asian horror movies are the best, if you ask me.
Im into creepypasta too. Some of those stories are greater that many classical examples of horror. My favorite one is Expressionless. Do you know the story?
There are actually good turkish horror movies which i like
It is surprising. I did know that turks had horror movies.
spooks me
Boo

I haven't read much horror fiction, though I am vaguely aware of the Lovecraftian stories and deities. I love horror movies however.

I haven't read much horror fiction, though I am vaguely aware of the Lovecraftian stories and deities. I love horror movies however.
Movies dont apply to mental effort. But books do. By mental effort , reading books, we can creat dreams in our minds that overshadow reality.

I've read some Lovecraft and I enjoyed it

It has been some time. Probably forgot many. Somne of my favourites are:
  • The descendant
  • Pickman's model
  • Rats in the wall
  • "The mask" in The King in Yellow
  • The horror at Red Hook
The Randolph Carter more fantastic stuff is quite fun too.

I really like those playing in the Carpathes or new England because of the architecture and the feel of remoteness. I'd really like to read a whole book in this style with a good plot. If anyone knows one. With prolonged investigation and weird fiction or horror, but more in the psychologic way.

Thougts on the black pharao? Kinda feels anticlimatic and I fail to envision him, same with most cosmic monsters tbh. Always comically, lackey anti anticlimatic for me.

Going to check out Born of Man and Woman and solaris today. :feelsokman:

Last edited:
not books but horror movies are pretty much the only genre i can watch these days

Horror movies are my cup of tea.

I used to read a lot of and about Lovecraft. I always enjoyed absence of love themes in his works, also representation of humans as fragile,insignificant in face of immense world with its eldritch beings, and limitation of scientific knowledge very much resonated with me.

Lovecraft was also fascinating as a person with his rascism, fascination with fascism and his hatred for modern values. Those things very much trouble normies.They always want to excuse themselves, that Lovecraft's politcally incorrect views don't find reflection in his work.In truth those themes are very much present at core of his art.

I'm a big fan of horror films. It's the only genre of film I watch tbh.