Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Are the "bright colors", "minimalism", and "happy friendly smiley face" aesthetics of our society a sign of decaying intelligence?

SuperMario64DS

SuperMario64DS

Prisoner
★★
Around 2012-2013 or so, Western culture noticed a drastic shift in terms of aesthetics - whether its branding, corporate design, software suites, clothing styles; rather than putting a focus on unique design, creativity, and innovation, it seems we, as a society, put a focus on what makes us "happy," "bright," and "what's easy to use."

Early 2000s aesthetics:

2015 onward aesthetics:

I always intuitively thought these societal changes were bad indicators, and I don't know why. I see it now as a trend towards heavy / high artificial emotionalism and a decay in analytical ability, and I was wondering if you guys thought the same.

fuck dude, it definitely shows how burned out our brains became. simpler shapes and things are easier to memorize so that's what marketing departments usually opt for, which is extra necessary now that your average goy has a 2 second attention span. also, having your cattle get used to everything being simple and shiny for them will make them dependent on you because it'll condition them in a way that is not well adjusted for the real world.

yeah web 3.0 garbage and material design is tailored to braindead normalfags.

That is how retarded the Normals have become.
I design my own shit to avoid the Corporatist PR.

fuck dude, it definitely shows how burned out our brains became. simpler shapes and things are easier to memorize so that's what marketing departments usually opt for, which is extra necessary now that your average goy has a 2 second attention span. also, having your cattle get used to everything being simple and shiny for them will make them dependent on you because it'll condition them in a way that is not well adjusted for the real world.
perfect

That is how retarded the Normals have become.
I design my own shit to avoid the Corporatist PR.

what do you design?

yeah web 3.0 garbage and material design is tailored to braindead normalfags.

Less emphasis on interface information load, as well as it's empirical utility.

I believe 3D looking interfaces with shading make us focus too much on real world resemblances, and they want us to keep more focused on content, hence why flat icons and emojis, since these are also easier to produce (blame CSS3 in web design too) compared to past UI/UX design, they look so much lazier.

Last edited:
Brutal æstheticspill

High iq thread.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

Technological advancements and UI improvements are a result of decaying intelligence?

Technological advancements and UI improvements are a result of decaying intelligence?

No. Making things simple yet useful is what geniuses admire.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0qmkQGqpM8

It's mainly a question of what the broad cultural trends of superficial happiness, "warm bright happy colors," and simple shapes imply about our society; and that broad cultural trend is undoubtedly affecting UI design.

I don't know, I look back to my childhood and I remember being so easily entranced by these same things; bright warm colors, superficial happiness, and simple shapes, but around like 14 years old these things didn't easily impress me. It makes me think our society is being infantilized.

Last edited:
No. Making things simple yet useful is what geniuses admire.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0qmkQGqpM8

It's mainly a question of what the broad cultural trends of superficial happiness, "warm bright happy colors," and simple shapes imply about our society; and that broad cultural trend is undoubtedly affecting UI design.

I don't know, I look back to my childhood and I remember being so easily entranced by these same things; bright warm colors, superficial happiness, and simple shapes, but around like 14 years old these things didn't easily impress me. It makes me think our society is being infantilized.

based terry post.

Performance over aesthetics please, as far as tech is concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back