Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Are some guys not cut out for gaining muscle?

UnwantedVirgin

UnwantedVirgin

Autism is a death sentence for ugly men
★★★★★
Can your genes prevent you from getting bigger? I'm not making much progress at the gym and was wondering if it's my genes causing that, my Dad and Uncle were very active from a young age and they never put on much muscle. My Uncle is still very active in swimming, running and cycling yet he looks small like me.

I am skinny and nothing can change that.

Can your genes prevent you from getting bigger? I'm not making much progress at the gym and was wondering if it's my genes causing that, my Dad and Uncle were very active from a young age and they never put on much muscle. My Uncle is still very active in swimming, running and cycling yet he looks small like me.
You’re not eating enough

Yesh its genes. Back when I was a gym rat, I could bench press 120kg but you could barely tell looking at me cuz I have a small frame and hunched shoulders

Some guys have worse genetics for gaining size.

I have trash genetics on both sides of my family and I am extremely weak and skinny. I tried gymmaxxing but I'm so weak that I couldn't even press an empty barbell.

Yesh its genes. Back when I was a gym rat, I could bench press 120kg but you could barely tell looking at me cuz I have a small frame and hunched shoulders
Fuck :fuk:
Some guys have worse genetics for gaining size.
What's the ceiling for these guys?
Not enough protein then
What are some good protein dishes and snacks? Also my Uncle is very picky in what he eats for his chosen sports yet doesn't look any bigger than me.
I have trash genetics on both sides of my family and I am extremely weak and skinny. I tried gymmaxxing but I'm so weak that I couldn't even press an empty barbell.
What did that empty bar weigh? I've been able to manage about 30kg since I started 2 months ago.

Last edited:
I think only mental traits were shared.

you just gotta eat a lot of food bro

like 3500 cal/day minimum

What's the ceiling for these guys?
Different for everyone. Some people just build muscle slower and they can still put on a decent amount. Almost no one reaches the max amount for their genes.

That is what nfl players eat who are 300+ lbs. You will just be fat if you do that. I did 3k calories

That is what nfl players eat who are 300+ lbs. You will just be fat if you do that. I did 3k calories
Just do it for a short time to bulk. like 2-3 months and monitor weight. Muscles need calories to grow

What are some good protein dishes and snacks? Also my Uncle is very picky in what he eats for his chosen sports yet doesn't look any bigger than me.
Just take some chicken breast season it how you want and eat it with a little bit of rice. 250gm of chicken will give you 50gm of protein. If you want to gain weight then switch to 90/10 ground beef instead, make it into patties, some cheese, veggies of your choice, buns and you have a high protein burger. Just look up high protein recipes you’ll find lots.
It’s possible that your uncle is overestimating how much protein he’s eating. Get a kitchen scale and weigh your foods and input them into cronometer or myfitnesspal to accurately track what you’re eating

I need 3000 calories a day

It’s very hard for me to forearmmaxx, kek

Same my father works out and is always busy but he still has thin wrists and looks lethargic. If I gained muscles It won't matter because I'll always look like a lanklet with a weak frame. Being athletic is genetic.

Yes. Hop on cycle

Same my father works out and is always busy but he still has thin wrists and looks lethargic. If I gained muscles It won't matter because I'll always look like a lanklet with a weak frame. Being athletic is genetic.
Sounds like he needs trt :feelsEhh:

it's not that it's his physical appearance.
I was implying that you get the doctor to prescribe him trt but use it yourself

I was implying that you get the doctor to prescribe him trt but use it yourself
OH YES I NEED TRT TO POISON SOY MILK SUPPLIES IN THE SUPERMARKET AHAHAHHA GENIUS IDEA NOW REDDIT WILL BE FILLED WITH HIGH T RAPISTS

OH YES I NEED TRT TO POISON SOY MILK SUPPLIES IN THE SUPERMARKET AHAHAHHA GENIUS IDEA NOW REDDIT WILL BE FILLED WITH HIGH T RAPISTS
Sadly it doesn't get absorbed orally

Absolutely. Genes impact on everything and some people have garbage muscle-building/strength-building genetics and will always be small regardless of how much they train. Even steroids might not help if your genetics are bad enough.

well shit, there goes my diabolical plan of poisoning the food market with testosterone pills out the window.
I heard a theory that you can make testosterone out of raw soy but it has been lost to time

I think only mental traits were shared.
Did your parents know the risk?

Well I can up the intake but I'm already eating more than others in the house.
Different for everyone. Some people just build muscle slower and they can still put on a decent amount. Almost no one reaches the max amount for their genes.
How slow is slow? I'd have thought 2 months was long enough to start showing bigger arms. I've lost weight at the gym but not much else.
Just take some chicken breast season it how you want and eat it with a little bit of rice. 250gm of chicken will give you 50gm of protein. If you want to gain weight then switch to 90/10 ground beef instead, make it into patties, some cheese, veggies of your choice, buns and you have a high protein burger. Just look up high protein recipes you’ll find lots.
It’s possible that your uncle is overestimating how much protein he’s eating. Get a kitchen scale and weigh your foods and input them into cronometer or myfitnesspal to accurately track what you’re eating
Thanks, I'll start doing that too.
I need 3000 calories a day
To make gains?
It’s very hard for me to forearmmaxx, kek
:fuk: :yes:
This is why I'm thinking genetics given that no males in my family have big arms or chests despite being active.
Yes. Hop on cycle
Cycling would help more than walking?
Absolutely. Genes impact on everything and some people have garbage muscle-building/strength-building genetics and will always be small regardless of how much they train. Even steroids might not help if your genetics are bad enough.
Fuck subhuman genes, why were we created. It's very selfish of our parents.

How slow is slow? I'd have thought 2 months was long enough to start showing bigger arms. I've lost weight at the gym but not much else.
Maybe a few more months-a year

Well I can up the intake but I'm already eating more than others in the house.
Protein is more important. You only need a surplus of 200-300 calories over your maintenance. Anything more and you’re just looking for an excuse to eat like a pig. Go on a larger surplus only and only if you’re extremely skinny
Cycling would help more than walking?
He means start a cycle of steroids

I phsyically can't gain weight

Maybe a few more months-a year
Well I'm going to keep at it since it's better than rotting I guess.
Protein is more important. You only need a surplus of 200-300 calories over your maintenance. Anything more and you’re just looking for an excuse to eat like a pig. Go on a larger surplus only and only if you’re extremely skinny
I'm skinny in all areas except for skinnyfat belly, it doesn't look right at all.
He means start a cycle of steroids
Gotcha. Is that darkweb stuff? I'd be too pussy to take random pills and stuff bought from there or some dealer.
I phsyically can't gain weight
I was like that until late twenties when fat started to accumulate on my belly and face.

What did that empty bar weigh? I've been able to manage about 30kg since I started 2 months ago.
It was a while ago so I don't remember. It was just a regular public gym I went to, so presumably it would've weighed the same as any regular barbell.

Last edited:
Gotcha. Is that darkweb stuff? I'd be too pussy to take random pills and stuff bought from there or some dealer.
There's sites on the regular internet that can ship the drugs to you but you can ask at the gym for it and they'll give it to you. You can send it for lab testing if you're paranoid
I'm skinny in all areas except for skinnyfat belly, it doesn't look right at all.
Ofc it doesn't. Just do what I told you and train hard, its very easy for newbies to put on muscle

There's sites on the regular internet that can ship the drugs to you but you can ask at the gym for it and they'll give it to you. You can send it for lab testing if you're paranoid

Ofc it doesn't. Just do what I told you and train hard, its very easy for newbies to put on muscle
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it fellow gymcel.

It was a while ago so I don't remember. It was just a regular public gym I went to, so presumably it would've weighed the same as any regular barbell.
The one at my gym weights about 10kg/22lbs IIRC.

I also try to gymmaxx and am really (REALLY) skinny. Gaining weight is extremely difficult for me. But I know the reason, and it might be the same for you. And others here have also said it.

You need to eat like a fucking horse.

My metabolism is so fast that I burn 3200 calories a day by default. To gain weight, I need to consume 3500 cals a day. I used a website to calculate this where you track your weight and your nutrient intake for like a month or two and it tells you what your maintenance calorie intake is.

I can’t find a way to eat this much, I am literally never hungry and I hate eating, always. But if you are able to eat more than you do then do that.