Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are psychologists worth it

swissincel

swissincel

Officer
★★
I have been addicted to unproductive copes for too long, I am either gaming, consuming internet media or eating. I want to actually develop myself.
In my city there is free counseling for any type of addiction (online media in my case) but idk if I should make an appointment. it might just be cringe and useless advice or they maybe wanna make me pay for a program.

Might just go there and then decide, but wanted to know what people here think. Since my addictions stem from inceldom I am sure there are users here who had the same problems.

It's useless in my opinion, but if it's free then just do it, you have nothing to lose

Only if you have a hot foid one you can fuck

If it’s free, you may as well try it out. The ritual of going somewhere at a dedicated time every week and giving an account of your efforts can be helpful. Beyond the accountability it doesn’t have any other magic to improve your life

It really really really depends. 99 times out of 100, probably not.
I've had a lot of intensive therapy throughout my life--both inpatient and outpatient. The experience is tempered by both the expertise of your therapist and your own willingness to work with them and yourself.

To sum up over a decade of experience:
>Therapy revolves around giving you tools to help make the most of the life you have. Much of this comes in the form of ridding yourself of illogical and useless thinking patterns and destructive emotional habits.
>Therapy, at its best, does represent the forefront of what we have learned about the human mind and how it works. Great thinkers like Jung, Piaget, Freud, Janet, etc. have all weighed in on psychology and it's applications. Don't mistake it for nonsense just because fuckwits currently muddy the waters.
>At its worst, therapy can be a waste of time and money. It *can* be hippdippy bullshit copes
>I recommend you personally read up on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques. Especially the thinking patterns. I'll even give you some recommendations:

-->The Feeling Good Handbook

--> The Victim Trap, by Diane Zimberoff
(has some surprisingly helpful info on how mentally unhealthy people work.)

--> The Development of Personality by Jung

And just go from there.
If you don't invest time into something you'll get nothing from it.

Psychology is a pseudoscience, they don't actually know anything and don't ever have a cure. All they do is offer more counselling. And when your free counselling runs out they'll sign you up for premium counselling which costs extra.

It's basically a scam like Chiropractors, and Psychics, and Palm readers. They rope you in, and then diagnose you with some made up bullshit so that you have to keep going. Their goal is not to cure you, the goal is keep making money off you. And there is zero chance that a psychologist will ever say that you don't need more counselling.

Tomorrow I have my first appointment with my new psychiatrist.

Wish me luck

Like anything else in life you get what you pay for and since you won’t be paying at all for the services you seek chances are high your experience will be complete shit just as my boy Grotesque Subhuman’s were with his various “free” counselors.

So if you don’t want to pay or are broke as fuck and literally cannot pay for quality care/help you’re most likely far better off making an account on bodybuilding dot com for proper physical health advice and as for mental?

Just seek out as much free Tony Robbins content you can find anywhere online be it YouTube or wherever.

Anyway just have a peek of Atavistic Autist’s post history if you want to know how trash/useless therapy for our kind can be.

Also I’ll go get links to grotty boy’s therapy sessions from my archive and post one or all of them here for you to see how well you think the therapist “Martha” treated grotty boy for yourself as a good idea how “free” therapy might work for you.

View: https://youtu.be/PkZBb-mQgL0

View: https://youtu.be/Ge23gcvoD6s

Last edited:
Like anything else in life you get what you pay for and since you won’t be paying at all for the services you seek chances are high your experience will be complete shit just as my boy Grotesque Subhuman’s were with his various “free” counselors.

So if you don’t want to pay or are broke as fuck and literally cannot pay for quality care/help you’re most likely far better off making an account on bodybuilding dot com for proper physical health advice and as for mental?

Just seek out as much free Tony Robbins content you can find anywhere online be it YouTube or wherever.

Anyway just have a peek of Atavistic Autist’s post history if you want to know how trash/useless therapy for our kind can be.

Also I’ll go get links to grotty boy’s therapy sessions from my archive and post one or all of them here for you to see how well you think the therapist “Martha” treated grotty boy for yourself as a good idea how “free” therapy might work for you.

View: https://youtu.be/PkZBb-mQgL0

View: https://youtu.be/Ge23gcvoD6s

tbf "free service" has different meanings in the US compared to western european countries (its not actually free but financed by taxpayer money from the state)
It really really really depends. 99 times out of 100, probably not.
I've had a lot of intensive therapy throughout my life--both inpatient and outpatient. The experience is tempered by both the expertise of your therapist and your own willingness to work with them and yourself.

To sum up over a decade of experience:
>Therapy revolves around giving you tools to help make the most of the life you have. Much of this comes in the form of ridding yourself of illogical and useless thinking patterns and destructive emotional habits.
>Therapy, at its best, does represent the forefront of what we have learned about the human mind and how it works. Great thinkers like Jung, Piaget, Freud, Janet, etc. have all weighed in on psychology and it's applications. Don't mistake it for nonsense just because fuckwits currently muddy the waters.
>At its worst, therapy can be a waste of time and money. It *can* be hippdippy bullshit copes
>I recommend you personally read up on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques. Especially the thinking patterns. I'll even give you some recommendations:

-->The Feeling Good Handbook

--> The Victim Trap, by Diane Zimberoff
(has some surprisingly helpful info on how mentally unhealthy people work.)

--> The Development of Personality by Jung

And just go from there.
If you don't invest time into something you'll get nothing from it.
thx

No, they will turn on you in a heart beat. Mention your truth thoughts and they lock you in a mental facility.

I know from experience. It's a lie, all that hippa law shit is a fucking suggestion. half the community thinks I'm a ticking time bomb because I got sent to a psych ward awhile back for being fucking honest. And from there, word somehow got out in the psych ward itself, which leaked out to the general public and I bet you 100 bucks some government entity is watching me. I bet I have my own personal agent assigned to me.

Yes bro make sure to take all the pills they give you too

did jeremy meeks , crhis hammerworth , or henry cavil did fucking therapy?

its just another exploit ( usually for man ) to prescribe you shit and getting payed for your time .

chads and woman dont need therapy , only ugly and unfortunate fuckers think they do.

Imagine someone making 210k a year to talk about feelings

lmao

You already know you are doing unproductive things and how to solve the issue, so why would you pay some pseudointellectual bluepilled retard to repeat the same thing you already know?