Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Are knife self-defense techniques legit?

• Thread starter NoNutNovemberFailed
  • Start date
no they are shit. very scripted and very hard to actually do in reality. best off training cardio and running super fast

no they are shit. very scripted and very hard to actually do in reality. best off training cardio and running super fast
Or you could just purchase a switchblade knife and stab them first tbh.

The best knife defense technique is buying a gun tbh ngl.

That and living in a white area

i mean it's literally over for you if someone pulls out a knife and stabs you without hesitation right? these "self-defense" techniques are quack
I can't evaluate any particular technique but in theory it can be possible to get a read on someone's moves and do a combination of parrying/avoiding to not get stabbed.

You should have realistic expectations that even the best drilling is probably not going to be perfect in practice and the realistic ideal outcome is you suffer less extreme injuries rather than hoping for none.

A big factor would be observation, because actually reading someone has hostile intent (however that might manifest, weapon or otherwise) gives you the kind of warning you'd need to mount a damage-reducing defense.

Some of the principals here are reasonable enough: you're trying to stop the forearm holding the knife which means you need to pre-empt before they actually hold it up and bring the knife length's range-enhancement to bear.
The best knife defense technique is buying a gun tbh ngl.
eh I dunno, even if you happened to have it holstered on your person the time it takes to draw is probably too long if someone surprises you in close range with a knife

obviously if you see them at 10+ feet with the knife out you MIGHT draw fast enough in time to get a shot off and MAYBE hit them, but I'd want to drill the fuck out of that because it's not that likely

That and living in a white area
is the hood really as bad as it seems in the media?
Some of the principals here are reasonable enough: you're trying to stop the forearm holding the knife which means you need to pre-empt before they actually hold it up and bring the knife length's range-enhancement to bear.

eh I dunno, even if you happened to have it holstered on your person the time it takes to draw is probably too long if someone surprises you in close range with a knife

obviously if you see them at 10+ feet with the knife out you MIGHT draw fast enough in time to get a shot off and MAYBE hit them, but I'd want to drill the fuck out of that because it's not that likely
just carry a pepper spray

it's possible that could happen, from what I've seen people will start running if they see you pulling your gun out regardless if they get the jump on you or not.
is the hood really as bad as it seems in the media?
the closest I've lived to the "hood" is in poor rural mixed neighborhoods with shit tons of crime and drugs, which are pretty bad but it's not unbearable. If they're anything like the Indian reservations up north then yes.

just carry a pepper spray
again: how fast can you draw?

I fully agree with considering tools for training but we should prob all be doing a lot of fast-hands parrying drills to develope reflexes against in-your-face shit that's too fast to process

IE so you don't panic and can actually think of shit like pepper spray

a better idea (rather than pulling at some holstered weapon) might be to think of things around you (even if you perceive no threat) and how they might operate as a weapon

like if you're eating at some fast food joint and got your meal on a plastic tray, how you could use it to smack at a knife-wielder's hand and maybe chip the blade or get the knife stuck in the trade and fuck up it's versatility as weapon

it's possible that could happen, from what I've seen people will start running if they see you pulling your gun out regardless if they get the jump on you or not.
"from what I've seen" lolwut

I wouldn't even assume they actually notice you pulling a gun.

If they do notice it on you ahead of time and approach then they will probably make sure they're confident they can control their hand before zooming on you.

Big factors are shit like awareness of surroundings. Like for example
1) "is there space to step backward"
2) "is there anything on the ground I could trip on while stepping backward"

A retreat to create space could be a good idea to keep a pepperspray/gun out of control of an attacker while you prep.

OTOH might not be the best idea against someone with a knife becaus ethey could prep a powerful lunge, in that case closing distance once you control the arm could be better.

I think most of us (me included) have no instinct at all for this though and would benefit from some kind of grappling drills.

My best instinct would be shit like "flail at the knife like a windmill and hope it gets stuck in my forearm instead of my chest".
I could still bleed out from an arm artery but it's probably slightly less likely than bleeding out from a chest artery"

Also maybe I should try body-checking the inside of a guy's elbow with my throat because that sorta guarantees his knife is too far from my head/neck to hit it. He could reach around to stab me in back but maybe it hits a rib or shoulderblade instead of my soft front, I dunno

Last edited:
"from what I've seen" lolwut

I wouldn't even assume they actually notice you pulling a gun.

If they do notice it on you ahead of time and approach then they will probably make sure they're confident they can control their hand before zooming on you.

Big factors are shit like awareness of surroundings. Like for example
1) "is there space to step backward"
2) "is there anything on the ground I could trip on while stepping backward"

A retreat to create space could be a good idea to keep a pepperspray/gun out of control of an attacker while you prep.

OTOH might not be the best idea against someone with a knife becaus ethey could prep a powerful lunge, in that case closing distance once you control the arm could be better.

I think most of us (me included) have no instinct at all for this though and would benefit from some kind of grappling drills.

My best instinct would be shit like "flail at the knife like a windmill and hope it gets stuck in my forearm instead of my chest".
I could still bleed out from an arm artery but it's probably slightly less likely than bleeding out from a chest artery"

Also maybe I should try body-checking the inside of a guy's elbow with my throat because that sorta guarantees his knife is too far from my head/neck to hit it. He could reach around to stab me in back but maybe it hits a rib or shoulderblade instead of my soft front, I dunno
Man my IQ is too low to decipher your post like 90% of the time.
I'm just going to say sure bro, flail your arms at the guy with the knife while you have a gun.

Nah. If legal, just buy a gun for personal protection. And in case of legs working properly, run.

Man my IQ is too low to decipher your post like 90% of the time.
I'm just going to say sure bro, flail your arms at the guy with the knife while you have a gun.
I meant if I didn't have a gun.

Knives
Lunge
Wave

99% of knife self defense techniques are bullshit and can get you killed. You can get cut or stabbed as fast as somebody can punch or jab. Your best chance at survival is to create space between you and the knife. The best way to do that is to run. If you're in an enclosed space, you better hope there's useable furniture around.

Stabbing niggers should be legalised ngl :smonk:

The best defense against a knife is a bigger/longer knife, simple as that. :smonk:

Or you could just purchase a switchblade knife and stab them first tbh.
Unfortunately, switchblade's are not very strong due to the spring cut-outs on the blade. They are very thin. And they may have heat damage from the machining....

Best bet is a full tang dagger.
The best defense against a knife is a bigger/longer knife, simple as that. :smonk:
Touché!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGcxtaLO4Bg

i mean it's literally over for you if someone pulls out a knife and stabs you without hesitation right? these "self-defense" techniques are quack

Look up "no nonsense self defense" Marc animal mcyoung.

Basically, if (all of a sudden) you see a knife the "fight," has escalated to an attempted murder. (If only one dude has a knife)

That said, I've been in knife fights that were 2 on one, where I was the one. And 7 against one, once again, just me defending me...

It's a way to create and maintain distance, if they know you have it... No one wants to get stabbed or cut.

However, if you go into a knife fight expecting to get cut, then you are ahead of your competition. This is why hats and capes were popular in the era(s) of knife and sword fighting. (They can block and bind a blade)

sure it is if you spend your life practicing. but most people dont practice their entire life and most people will never have a knife drawn on them and most people will never have the knife wielder attempt to stab them

You can get cut or stabbed as fast as somebody can punch or jab.
Not if the first stab lodges itself in my forearm meat and he can't pull it out right away because I reflexively twist my arm :feelsthink:

Your best chance at survival is to create space between you and the knife.
Which ironically can be done by moving closer to the attacker (past his knife) and hugging the upper arm holding the knife.

Of course to do that you prob need to be willing to get hit once or twice, and pragmatically just try to get hit in areas which bleed a bit less than other areas.

The best way to do that is to run. If you're in an enclosed space, you better hope there's useable furniture around.

working on your general health is a big plus (plus probably to help survive covid and not be a fatass: I should take my own advice), and also mentally rehearsing how you'd deal with various environments, but maybe some actual kind of drills

I know rubber knife stuff doesn't replicate prefectly but if only to train to get over the reflexive terror you have (even with only a replica) it seems potentially useful.

Furniture would be an example of found objects but if you haven't scouted it ahead of being attacked you won't htink fast enough to use it.

That's why you s hould be thinking how you'd react to a knife attack as soon as you enter any room.

lmfao, there is definitely someone that watched these shitty videos, tried to replicate the movements and got stabbed and maybe even killed in real life.
If you really want to defend yourself learn Krav Maga or Muay Thai (also Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is the best one of all, it was created by a guy who had medical problems, was weak and small so he created this to defend himself, is the top one and very respected in the MMA) and practice your reflexes, after that a knife wont be too much of a problem for you.
Also one more thing: everything you will do in life, you have to reproduce it too, you can watch these videos every day but only the theoretical part wont make you good at it, so you better train against someone.

Of course to do that you prob need to be willing to get hit once or twice, and pragmatically just try to get hit in areas which bleed a bit less than other areas.
How he can manage to get hit in areas which bleed less ?
Also real life isnt a movie, depending on the size of the knife he can be killed or at best have sequels for all his life.
He can also lost control of the attacker arm when he get hit, even with adrenaline rush he have a chance to fall/get stunned since he wouldnt be prepared for the pain/shock.

sure it is if you spend your life practicing. but most people dont practice their entire life and most people will never have a knife drawn on them and most people will never have the knife wielder attempt to stab them
Also this.

I would let them stab me but that hurts like shit

If someone pulls a knife on you, it doesn't matter what they demand from you, run as fast as possible and get into a vehicle or building with a door you can lock. Knife defense moves are 99% fiction and wouldn't work unless your opponent was a noobie. Even if you defend yourself with your fists or a weapon, you may end up getting prison or jail time for injuring or killing the guy, despite him being the aggressor.

How he can manage to get hit in areas which bleed less ?
wave your arms at the knife and hit it and get them cut up, as much as an arm artery might bleed it's prob slightly less than your neck

Also real life isnt a movie, depending on the size of the knife he can be killed or at best have sequels for all his life.
correct, getting hit in a less extreme area is more like "I'll bleed out in ten" instead of "I'll bleed out in two"

IE you'll fall but maybe higher odds paramedics save you

He can also lost control of the attacker arm when he get hit, even with adrenaline rush he have a chance to fall/get stunned since he wouldnt be prepared for the pain/shock.
you shouldn't rely on being able to do sophisticated control afte rgetting stabbed which is why basic shit like "hug enemy and fall on top of him after is knife goes past you" might work

In every one of those videos they tell you it' the last resort.
Its better than nothing but you arent supposed to go kung fu on people if you have literally any other option

In every one of those videos they tell you it' the last resort.
Its better than nothing but you arent supposed to go kung fu on people if you have literally any other option

Just knowing that training reduces my chance of dying from a knife attack from 99% to 90% would give me the confidence to do other stuff like talk or run away.

Without that 10% instead of 1% survival confidence you would just get paralyzed and dead.