Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are friendships on movies and TV shows in any way realistic? I mean warm relationships full of love and support(and they spend a lot of time together)

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I'm avoidant and probably autistic and some other stuff. I actively avoided friendships or even being acquaintances with people. So I obviously don't seem to want or need friendships because they make me anxious.

And yet seeing people in movies hanging out, genuinely helping each other and rooting for each other, having a good time and even crying for each other's misfortunes or happy for their successes, this all makes me really want that too.

But I think that in real life friendships are different, aren't they? Really it's just people using each other. Plus people have to work so there's limited time to hang out, and when they get married and have babies even less time.

Ohh right, I guess school and college is when people really have friendships like in movies. After that it's just working and recovering from work, while the individual searches for a sexual partner to settle down with.

Last edited:
Beautiful people care about other beautiful people. They feel nothing for sub8s.

kinda depends on what you mean. my hapacel friend and I have known each other since freshman year and we hang out at least once a week. he's a very genuine guy and nice to be around, I enjoy all the time we spend together. I don't know if I'd call it a "warm relationship full of love and support" though, that sounds like it implies something else

kinda depends on what you mean. my hapacel friend and I have known each other since freshman year and we hang out at least once a week. he's a very genuine guy and nice to be around, I enjoy all the time we spend together. I don't know if I'd call it a "warm relationship full of love and support" though, that sounds like it implies something else
Eventually one or both of you will become too depressed to care about your friend then you will just stop talking to each-other.

I mean, you gotta base your movie outta something. inspiration and all that shit. Not to mention all those "real stories" movies with bits of romance and love interest involved.

in my humble worthless opinion I'd say it's true but overhyped and over-romanticized.
With movies it's like an iceberg analogy. Where you only see the tip of what's really happening.

Why did you delete much of the original post? At least I can relate to the overflowing joy, when warming up you wrote about. I think it is not 'spergy, but not uncommon reaction for a social- and friend-starved person, even when he had not the real desire for social connection and friends. Like the starving child goes into joy overflow by a little feast.

Anyway, I think, why series like "Friends" were so popular is, because it is NOT real life, but an ideal state or fantasy people wish for their lifes too.

Beautiful people care about other beautiful people. They feel nothing for sub8s.
1. Friends are no potential mating partners, so attractiveness plays a lesser role.
2. Not related to the question of OP. It was about the authenticness of real friendships, not the existence of empathy from beautiful people for ugly people.

If you're us, nope. Normie "friends" won't think twice about belittling and looking down on you if you're viewed as inferior/less than compared to them. That's what "friendship" is like with normies as someone who is always wronged and mogged. Reminder that ERs happen for more reasons than one. People are scum.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back