Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

are females attracted to intelligence?

Deleted member 60

Deleted member 60

-
Had this argument with my shrink the other day and he insisted that there's scientific proof of it. I'm pretty skeptical. Although I'll admit that when I was younger, there were some girls who seemed impressed by it (they were usually the goody-two shoes types). 

What do you guys think? Feel free to post evidence to support your arguments.

they measure ur IQ in inches of your cock

No, nerds don't get laid.

If that means the person can also make big bucks, then yes. $$

Females would be attracted to smart chads more than a dumbass Chad if they were the same lookswise tbh ..

LOL no.

Intelligence (in ugly guys) is used for two things :

1) help them do their homework for nothing in return

2) to measure how successful you will be later on to be used for betabuxxing.

Anything else is pure cope.

chads are usually intelligent so it doesn´t matter

If it gives you status or has the potential to give you status, yes.

It seems to be the opposite. Intelligence is negatively associated with fertility

aut said:
If it gives you status or has the potential to give you status, yes.

that's what I'm thinking. Girls showed interest whenever I was the top student in my classes. But I was irrelevant if there was someone smarter.

TLDR: It's impressive, but not "I want you inside me" impressive. Unless you're wealthy.

In general, it is said that attractive people are more intelligent (surveys). These traits have a positive correlation. However, this is analogous to the chicken and egg problem. Are attractive people just more intelligent because of their attractiveness? Or is intelligence is what is making these people attractive? Also, there may be additional factors at play.

Using the theory of evolution, we can argue that an male's genetic quality is what attracts a female to a male (sexual selection). These "high quality" genes are indicated by physical attractiveness. And, since intelligence is also heritable and an indicator of genetic quality, these genes will be passed on the as well.

However, remember that this is all theoretical, and the studies were done using surveys. The halo effect can cloud ones perception of who is intelligent and who is not. By simply being more attractive, such a person may be perceived to be smarter.

Another theory is what a lot of other posters have mentioned, having high status. This idea also has an evolutionary basis, as having resources indicates to a female that if she mates with this male, their offspring will have enough food and comforts to survive and reproduce themselves (the ultimate purpose of life). Women would be attracted to intelligent men not for their looks, but because of their status. Some folks may argue that this is not "real" attraction, but I differ with them because it makes sense on an evolutionary level. Yes, it is not "physical" attraction, but it is a biologically-driven attraction nonetheless.

One study: https://personal.lse.ac.uk/kanazawa/pdfs/I2011.pdf

LOL if they were attracted to intelligence I would have been chad in HS and middle school.

So glad I gave up learning for fun.

no, they aren't. there is a reason that the "virgin nerd" stereotype is a thing.

your shrink sounds REALLY ignorant, and i hope you aren't paying.

KyloRen said:
TLDR: It's impressive, but not "I want you inside me" impressive. Unless you're wealthy.
In general, it is said that attractive people are more intelligent (surveys). These traits have a positive correlation. However, this is analogous to the chicken and egg problem. Are attractive people just more intelligent because of their attractiveness? Or is intelligence is what is making these people attractive? Also, there may be additional factors at play.
Using the theory of evolution, we can argue that an male's genetic quality is what attracts a female to a male (sexual selection). These "high quality" genes are indicated by physical attractiveness. And, since intelligence is also heritable and an indicator of genetic quality, these genes will be passed on the as well.
However, remember that this is all theoretical, and the studies were done using surveys. The halo effect can cloud ones perception of who is intelligent and who is not. By simply being more attractive, such a person may be perceived to be smarter.
Another theory is what a lot of other posters have mentioned, having high status. This idea also has an evolutionary basis, as having resources indicates to a female that if she mates with this male, their offspring will have enough food and comforts to survive and reproduce themselves (the ultimate purpose of life). Women would be attracted to intelligent men not for their looks, but because of their status. Some folks may argue that this is not "real" attraction, but I differ with them because it makes sense on an evolutionary level. Yes, it is not "physical" attraction, but it is a biologically-driven attraction nonetheless.
One study: https://personal.lse.ac.uk/kanazawa/pdfs/I2011.pdf

nice. Personally, I think status theory is legit.

knajjd said:
no, they aren't. there is a reason that the "virgin nerd" stereotype is a thing.
your shrink sounds REALLY ignorant, and i hope you aren't paying.

lol, I will NEVER pay these mental health fags.

They always claim that but I don't think so. They are attracted to guys who have
- high status
- are well spoken
- act "classy"
- can hold an intellectual conversation
these things sometimes, but not always come with intelligence. Intelligence alone doesn't attract females, one of the biggest lies ever

If by intelligence you mean looks, then yes.

VLÖ said:
2) to measure how successful you will be later on to be used for betabuxxing.

females must be programmed for this at a young age because I noticed it as early as middle school.

nerd =/= intelligent

Lmao they only are "attracted" to your intelligence so you can do their school work and other things for them.

I am doing a freaking STEM PhD. If that is true I would be slaying the shit out of everyone right now. Kek, not just me, there would be many curries in the west who would be slaying right now. Same thing applies to ricecels as well.

If the intelligence has a decent looking face and is n't - yes. Otherwise - no.

Given other more important qualities bring equal, of course. A plus is a plus.

But it means little compared to LMS and social skills

Foids don't give a shit about intelligence, you just have to not be a retard intelligence-wise. The rest is looks and a tiny bit personality.

Intelligence? Lmao no.. no way. Why were some geniuses who were ugly were virgins?

LOL, I can't believe some people fall for this bluepilled bullshit.

Genetics override "intelligence".

"I am sapiosexual"

Let me translate: I want a betabux to support me while a choke on chad's cum, and I want my cuck to raise chad's son. Poor motherfucker thinks I love his "intelligence". Ha ha ha.

Absolutely definitely not. Appearance is everything.

However, this brings up an interesting point: people all want to think they’re intelligent. I’ve noticed that nobody will ever admit to being stupid. They’ll admit to almost any other failing other than that. Everyone wants to think they’re smart - and then with the halo effect, femoids all think a tall, athletic, handsome man must also be intelligent.

Your shrink is right, and the anti-intellectual culture I sometimes see on incel forums is toxic and self-defeating. But he conveniently forgot to mention a little detail: only if the looks threshold has been passed.

And the kind of intelligence that attracts women is usually the accomplished type: intelligence that has translated into real-world artifacts of status, like degrees, top positions in institutions, top salaries, fame, etc. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But don't delude yourself into believing that girls will fall for an unemployed neckbeard who possesses immense self-learned knowledge.

Supposedly, yes. But Chad trumps all.

fukmylyf said:
Word. My psychiatrist is actually a Jew.

Most of the field is either women or kikes

Yes, it is actually appreciated IME.

fukmylyf said:
Had this argument with my shrink the other day and he insisted that there's scientific proof of it. I'm pretty skeptical. Although I'll admit that when I was younger, there were some girls who seemed impressed by it (they were usually the goody-two shoes types). 

What do you guys think? Feel free to post evidence to support your arguments.

If you can turn the intelligence into a lucrative job or use your wit to gain social status than yes. It's only as good as your ability to convert it into money or status.

Yes. Not sexually attracted but attracted as in it's a positive quality to have.

As regards to talent, here's an except from a biography on Beethoven:

"It is just as well that things were going well for Beethoven the musician, because for Beethoven the man they were not so good. An acquaintance from his Bonn years came to Vienna. She happened to be the ‘beautiful, talented and accomplished’ singer Magdalena Willman... Clearly Beethoven had admired her from afar on that sojourn, but there is no evidence he pursued matters then. He most certainly did now. He must have seen her on a number of occasions, because he fell head over heels in love with her, and wasted no time in proposing marriage.

She turned him down flat. We know no further details, except one. Her niece, interviewed by Thayer sixty-five years later, told him her father had often spoken of how the famous musician had once proposed marriage to his sister. Thayer asked her why Magdalena had turned him down. She hesitated a moment, then said, ‘Because he was so ugly, and half crazy!"

Brutal. LDAR

Fontaine said:
Your shrink is right, and the anti-intellectual culture I sometimes see on incel forums is toxic and self-defeating. But he conveniently forgot to mention a little detail: only if the looks threshold has been passed.
And the kind of intelligence that attracts women is usually the accomplished type: intelligence that has translated into real-world artifacts of status, like degrees, top positions in institutions, top salaries, fame, etc. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But don't delude yourself into believing that girls will fall for an unemployed neckbeard who possesses immense self-learned knowledge.

thiis this this this

If you look physically attractive then they'd deem you intelligent and smart no matter how dense and stupid you are and vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back