Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious anyone here know how to drive manual?

Indari

Indari

ovencel
★★★★★
I might be getting a manual car. I watched some videos and I didn't understand at all.

Yeah, I was taught by my dad. You pretty much have to be taught in person for it to work, youtube videos just wont cut it.

Yeah, I was taught by my dad. You pretty much have to be taught in person for it to work, youtube videos just wont cut it.
my dad knows how to drive manual but he's in kenya :kys:
can you be my dad?

my dad knows how to drive manual but he's in kenya :kys:
can you be my dad?
giphy.gif

sure

just drive auto, this isn't the fucking 80s

I might be getting a manual car. I watched some videos and I didn't understand at all.
The videos are telling you too much technical detail. All you do is change up or down a gear depending on how much power you need. You develop a feel for it, so stop being autistic, get off JewTube and start driving fo' reeeel :feelsokman:

also........... it depends on what car it is. Some cars have a good size shift stick (gear stick?) and others don't. Some shift better than others depending on the engine and clutch system. I drove a 1990 Mazda Miata and it kicked the crap out of a 1993 Corolla, the latter couldn't climb hills and the gear changes offered no power, despite both cars having a weak engine. If you're getting a modern car then you will learn quickly, I hope that you will enjoy the experience but like I said, it depends on the vehicle.

From videos I've seen, it's okay to sit in first gear at the intersection. On the other hand, having the clutch pushed in (with no gear selected) means that nothing is driving the engine, so if someone hit you from behind you'd go fucking flying down the road, but if you were in 1st gear then there'd be some resistance.
just drive auto, this isn't the fucking 80s
American detected :feelsbaton:

Not everyone drives auto because many countries didn't care and were happy with manual, it's only now that auto and tiptronic is the standard.

I drove manual since 98 but my parents switched to auto earlier this year and I only use their car.

I don't even have a license

I learned manual but drive auto now.
Unless you have a specific reason for manual (maybe a manual is cheaper, or you have a passion for driving) I would go with an auto, it's just much easier and relaxing, and leaves your right hand free to hold your phone or a sandwich.

Americacel spotted kek