Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

anyone here have knowledge on deep learning/machine learning

• Thread starter Deleted member 3291
  • Start date
What u need to know bby
1. can I go into it with a comp eng degree
2. python or R, which should I focus on for it
3. how hard would it be to get a job in artificla intelligence in this field without a masters
4. have you done any work in machine learning and can you explain what you did

1. If you have the right experience, prob
2. Whatever you are most comfortable with. If you get a job as a computer scientist, you are going to switch programming languages on a whim. On job applications just list whatever languages are in the job description. You can always learn. Python has the most readily available libraries though.
3. See #1. A master's is basically minimum if you are straight out of college and did no internships.
4. I do a lot of image processing stuff for the gubimint.

2. Whatever you are most comfortable with. If you get a job as a computer scientist, you are going to switch programming languages on a whim. On job applications just list whatever languages are in the job description. You can always learn. Python has the most readily available libraries though.
3. See #1. A master's is basically minimum if you are straight out of college and did no internships.
R.I.P. then my GPA is too low for a masters I think (3.5) and I have a semester of dropped courses.

I guess I will prepare to try and get my next internship in data science, then build off that

Is there any more math needed then linear algebra and statistics/probability ?

3.5 is more than enough for a master's

any more math needed then linear algebra and statistics/probability ?

I wouldn't say needed but experience with geometric analysis and algebraic toplogy helps.

3.5 is more than enough for a master's
good to hear i might have something to cope with.

i'll start practicing my math in the case.

Also do you have experience with computer cryptography/encryption? if so what are your thoughts on it as a career.

Also do you have experience with computer cryptography/encryption? if so what are your thoughts on it as a career.

Pretty big stuff right now. Will get paid the big bux just to be a hackerman.

Pretty big stuff right now. Will get paid the big bux just to be a hackerman.
life fuel I have a book that I got a year back

thanks for all the info

Try to get into Google or Facebook man don’t they make like at least 250K all in every year. One of my friend’s dad works at Apple and gets more than like half a million a year.

Have you done your undergrad in both maths and computer science? Also what was your masters in?

1. can I go into it with a comp eng degree
2. python or R, which should I focus on for it
3. how hard would it be to get a job in artificla intelligence in this field without a masters
4. have you done any work in machine learning and can you explain what you did

1. Yes but computer science might be preferred. Also, deep learning takes from Statistical Mechanics, Probability, Statistics, Analysis.
2. Python but R is a good supplement. Things are going to stick with python for a while.
3. Hard. I don't have a masters either. My job doesn't involve DL.
4. I don't work professionally but it's my side hobby.

Take Andrew Ng's class on Coursera. Then the CS231n class. Then do the fast.ai course.

I'm taking cs231n now.

MLceling is the only way

deep learning is the only thing I care about tbh. Also pussy but I don't get any.

I wouldn't mind doing the machine/deep learning after grad school btw.

can i call you my nigga or does that offend you when non-blacks say it?

WEW LAD. Incoming blackcel semi-longpost.

When a black person says "my nigga", they are sort of making fun of legit racists calling black people niggers. It conveys a complex emotion in a single word. In one word it says "hey white people hated us at one point, fucking stupid whities with their ridiculous bullshit, right? Sure as shit makes my life suck right now, tho" Of course the phrase nigga has been normalized over the years, but I think deep down inside most black people understand why the phrase was originally coined, which is why a lot of low IQ niggas are offended when a white person uses the word. White people cannot really participate in the irony because no one will ever call them a nigger out of hate. These guys may just say it just doesn't feel right for a white person to use the phrase, but not understand why. Obviously it isnt a phrase that only black people can use, but it only makes sense for black people to use it, ya get me?

Of course this analysis is based on my initial speculation and potential hypothesis based on thoughts, which is what I said earlier. Just sharing my thoughts. I use the phrase nigga online cause I think it is funny for multiple reasons.

I could write an entire paper on this shit, but I am going to cut this sort and just leave it at I dont give a shit if white people use it, but there are many reasons as to why a black person may not feel comfortable with a white person using this term. I don't give it a shit because based off of my experience, most white people who want to say it just use it as a term of endearment.

WEW LAD. Incoming blackcel semi-longpost.

When a black person says "my nigga", they are sort of making fun of legit racists calling black people niggers. It conveys a complex emotion in a single word. In one word it says "hey white people hated us at one point, fucking stupid whities with their ridiculous bullshit, right? Sure as shit makes my life suck right now, tho" Of course the phrase nigga has been normalized over the years, but I think deep down inside most black people understand why the phrase was originally coined, which is why a lot of low IQ niggas are offended when a white person uses the word. White people cannot really participate in the irony because no one will ever call them a nigger out of hate. These guys may just say it just doesn't feel right for a white person to use the phrase, but not understand why. Obviously it isnt a phrase that only black people can use, but it only makes sense for black people to use it, ya get me?

Of course this analysis is based on my initial speculation and potential hypothesis based on thoughts, which is what I said earlier. Just sharing my thoughts. I use the phrase nigga online cause I think it is funny for multiple reasons.

I could write an entire paper on this shit, but I am going to cut this sort and just leave it at I dont give a shit if white people use it, but there are many reasons as to why a black person may not feel comfortable with a white person using this term. I don't give it a shit because based off of my experience, most white people who want to say it just use it as a term of endearment.

What if I call a white guy my nigga? or a curry/

Try to get into Google or Facebook man don’t they make like at least 250K all in every year. One of my friend’s dad works at Apple and gets more than like half a million a year.
in 2nd year I had an offer to do a 3 month internship through my uni for Amazon for entry level app developer, couldn’t do it because I would have had to move and said fuck it. I think if I took it my mental state would have been much better.
1. Yes but computer science might be preferred. Also, deep learning takes from Statistical Mechanics, Probability, Statistics, Analysis.
2. Python but R is a good supplement. Things are going to stick with python for a while.
3. Hard. I don't have a masters either. My job doesn't involve DL.
4. I don't work professionally but it's my side hobby.

Take Andrew Ng's class on Coursera. Then the CS231n class. Then do the fast.ai course.

I'm taking cs231n now.

MLceling is the only way
thanks have used coursera to before to do databasing

don’t know if I want to switch in comp sci + math though