Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious anyone here cut their lawn with a scythe?

Indari

Indari

ovencel
★★★★★
Shitty lawnmower keeps having problems. I want to get a scythe. It would be badass.

Shitty lawnmower keeps having problems. I want to get a scythe. It would be badass.
Your neighbors would call the police, and you'd get shot for being Inkwell

Don't cut a lawn with anything ever tbh

Yes I actually do, because lawnmowers are loud and annoying.

If you search on craigslist you can usually find someone selling their grandpa's. Probably have to get it sharpened though (take it to a good knife shop and they should restore it).

The technique takes some practice to get down. You should swing your torso in a circular motion with your arms straight. Like imagine carving a half-circle in the grass with the tip of the blade. Easier to do in the morning when the grass is damp. Also need to practice peening with a whetstone. It's a soothing thing once you get it down.

If you search on craigslist you can usually find someone selling their grandpa's. Probably have to get it sharpened though (take it to a good knife shop and they should restore it).

The technique takes some practice to get down. You should swing your torso in a circular motion with your arms straight. Like imagine carving a half-circle in the grass with the tip of the blade. Easier to do in the morning when the grass is damp. Also need to practice peening with a whetstone. It's a soothing thing once you get it down.
:feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsYall::dab:

is it a pain to get the edges?

i don't have a lawn. :feelshaha:

For me usually not, but if it's hard to get to I'll use my sickle. Boomers I see use a weed wacker to edge.

Yes. I mostly use my short bladed "brush" scythe. I just got a nice brand new, hay/ grass scythe but it's too light for my yard.

Indeed. Much better than trying to pull start a mower. Can cut a wide swath on each slow rocking step.

My American style brush scythe was $60usd at an antique store, and required some Miner repairs. Mostly sealing the cracked wood. It's heavy.

My new Austrian grass/ hay/ "mowing" scythe (for cutting wheat and stuff to put up for winter cattle feed) cost about $300usd. Thin 3' long blade and aluminum handle. It's light.

I use a medium grit sharpening stone on them.

It's fun and a satisfying task.

I use a machete on my edges

If you mean near trees and obstacles...

If you mean how easy to sharpening? Then it as easy as anything else. You can tell when you need to give it a few rubs of the stone

Yes. I mostly use my short bladed "brush" scythe. I just got a nice brand new, hay/ grass scythe but it's too light for my yard.

Indeed. Much better than trying to pull start a mower. Can cut a wide swath on each slow rocking step.

My American style brush scythe was $60usd at an antique store, and required some Miner repairs. Mostly sealing the cracked wood. It's heavy.

My new Austrian grass/ hay/ "mowing" scythe (for cutting wheat and stuff to put up for winter cattle feed) cost about $300usd. Thin 3' long blade and aluminum handle. It's light.

I use a medium grit sharpening stone on them.

It's fun and a satisfying task.
Another based scythecel :feelsokman:
Definitely getting one even if my pos mower gets fixed.

My fkn mom went ahead and bought another lawnmower:reeeeee:
I'm not picking that shit up

use the scythe for self denence situations

Yeah I also use a scythe to harvest all the wheat fields I have too

I use gasoline and matches