Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Anyone have parasocial relationships with people?

• Thread starter FATLINKSBLACKPENIS
  • Start date
FATLINKSBLACKPENIS

FATLINKSBLACKPENIS

Blackcel, working on ascending
★★★★★
I really hate to say it but I do.

I have a pretty strong parasocial relationship with Dbdr and that's why I'm very sad that he's gone.

Honestly I think I've had parasocial relationships with people for as long as I can remember.

Even when I was a lil kid I had parasocial relationships with youtubers and stuff.

Even with tv shows i have those kinds of relationships with the characters too.

Wbu guys?

[COLOR=var(--bbQxAb)]Meaning of parasocial in English

involving or relating to a connection between a person and someone they do not know personally, for example a famous person or a character in a book: parasocial relationship Psychologists have long known that people can engage in parasocial relationships with fictional characters.
[/COLOR][COLOR=var(--IXoxUe)]4 days ago[/COLOR]

I really hate to say it but I do.

I have a pretty strong parasocial relationship with Dbdr and that's why I'm very sad that he's gone.

Honestly I think I've had parasocial relationships with people for as long as I can remember.

Even when I was a lil kid I had parasocial relationships with youtubers and stuff.

Even with tv shows i have those kinds of relationships with the characters too.

Wbu guys?
Trucel trait tbh.

I don't think i do tbh

I have one with ITV jfl

with my vtuber oshis buti t's not purely parasocial since they do talk to me, but it's business for so many it's hard to tell where real feelings begin

Maybe a little bit. I think about fictional foids I like sometimes (though I am not even an avid anime watcher, maybe 2 or 3 anime a year, including re-watching) and I was a fan of Pewdiepie when I was younger, though I wouldn't elevate it to parasocial status.