Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Anyone from LA? Could you tell me your honest experience living there?

Aggressive Menace

Aggressive Menace

Id
★★
How is it? Have you lived there your whole life there? When is it most warm?

I never went to that sex haver place :feelsohgod::feelsohgod::feelsohgod:

I am in LA. Dont come here. The weather is good but it is an awful shithole and impossibly expensive. Dont come here unless you are a millionaire.

Visited twice - first time I was a kid, so didn't notice how expensive it is, but my first experience set the tone --- I was staying with my cousins for two weeks, at the time it was a somewhat nice neighborhood (it's full of gangbangers now). I haven't seen them in years, but they quickly noticed my high inhibition and awkwardness. One male cousin, who is my age, avoided me as best as he could (despite his mom constantly telling him to hang out with me); the two times I did, he and his friends mocked and bullied me for my awkward body language and shitty athletic ability (Jokes on him now --- currently, he's a fat fuck that has had legal run ins and needs to take heart meds at age 35 and probably won't see 50, whereas I can now run for miles and so far nothing is hurting)

Second time I was an adult, and was able to "appreciate" the SoCal prices Nice weather but otherwise nothing special. Overall I had a better experience than the first time around, but definitely not a place I'd move to: everything is too fucking far, shitload of homeless people, and locals are either shallow as fuck, crazy, or dangerous (and my extended family had already moved out from LA by then, so I didn't see them)

I am in LA. Dont come here. The weather is good but it is an awful shithole and impossibly expensive. Dont come here unless you are a millionaire.
I've heard it was expensive but I'm used to it already since I resided in an expensive city for most of my life lol. Would you say that living with another person, both of whom are contributing towards rent would make it bearable? You see I'm looking to move to LA because the city I currently reside in has gone straight to shit in the past few years. Crime here has risen and I've felt the impact of it, two people were killed just outside my street in the span of a few months which hasn't ever happened in my entire life living here. I'd feel more secured if I had a gun but my city has ridiculous gun laws prohibiting me from carrying one. I've heard LA has more laxed gun laws so that would be a benefit even if LA has similar crime rates to my city. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to settle into the city for the rest of my life. My primary motive for moving there is money (I intend to grind until I have enough to leave this shithole for good and be done with this nightmare) which I've researched and found that those working in my field earn a lot of. I'm aware that the living expense of living in LA would mean I technically earn less but I intend to offset that by having to rent out a room to someone else. Additionally I'm not one with expensive tastes, I'm very frugal with money as I rarely buy consumer goods unless they're practical.

Last edited:
I've heard it was expensive but I'm used to it already since I resided in an expensive city for most of my life lol. Would you say that living with another person, both of whom are contributing towards rent would make it bearable? You see I'm looking to move to LA because the city I currently reside in has gone straight to shit in the past few years. Crime here has risen and I've felt the impact of it, two people were killed just outside my street in the span of several months which hasn't ever happened in my entire life living here. I'd feel more secured if I had a gun but my city has ridiculous gun laws prohibiting me from carrying one. I've heard LA has more laxed gun laws so that would be a benefit even if LA has similar crime rates to my city. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to settle into the city for the rest of my life. My primary motive for moving there is money which I've researched and found that those working in my field earn a lot of. I'm aware that the living expense of living in LA would mean I technically earn less but I intend to offset that by having to rent out a room to someone else. Additionally I'm not one with expensive tastes, I'm very frugal with money as I rarely buy consumer goods unless they're practical.
Realistically if you are looking to rent, youre going to see 2 bedroom apartments starting around $2200 /month to around $3000/month depending on the area. They want 2.5x post-withholdings income to approve a rental so your net income needs to be around $5,500/month. Thats about $88,000 salary or $42/hr. If you make that much, then you'll be fine. Housing is the most expensive bill around here. Most houses cost $800,000+ right now if you are looking to buy. You can look up violent crime heatmaps and avoid those areas because all types of crime are higher. Car break-ins are extremely common in the area so if you dont live somewhere decent, dont buy a flashy car. Traffic is miserable, if you can work remote, do it. Buying a gun is easy, you just fill out a form and pick it up in a few weeks. Getting a concealed carry permit, you'll want to look up the best city to apply in. There are several cities that are known for denying all conceal carry requests.

Other than that it isn't so bad. Just the same things you see in any major city.

Realistically if you are looking to rent, youre going to see 2 bedroom apartments starting around $2200 /month to around $3000/month depending on the area. They want 2.5x post-withholdings income to approve a rental so your net income needs to be around $5,500/month. Thats about $88,000 salary or $42/hr. If you make that much, then you'll be fine. Housing is the most expensive bill around here. Most houses cost $800,000+ right now if you are looking to buy.
Rent won't be a problem. I'm in touch with an acquaintance residing in LA that has already offered to rent a room out to me. I'm still young and inexperienced in my field so I'm starting with minimum wage but eventually when I've become fully realized in the trade I'll see an income in the high 5 figures.
You can look up violent crime heatmaps and avoid those areas because all types of crime are higher.
I will, do you have any websites you'd like to share?
Car break-ins are extremely common in the area so if you dont live somewhere decent, dont buy a flashy car.
I'm not really looking to buy a car since in my city at least I'd commute to work on the subway as my work is conducted mainly in the center of the city, I'm assuming that's how it'll work in LA? Correct me if I'm wrong.

But if I do ever plan to buy a car I definitely won't buy some flashy car, I'm not one to care so much to impress others also like I said I'm frugal with money.
Traffic is miserable, if you can work remote, do it.
Wish I could lol but my job has me doing physical labor so I have to be present on the site in order to facilitate my job.
Buying a gun is easy, you just fill out a form and pick it up in a few weeks. Getting a concealed carry permit, you'll want to look up the best city to apply in. There are several cities that are known for denying all conceal carry requests.
Nice. I'll definitely be looking into getting a concealed carry permit.

Rent won't be a problem. I'm in touch with an acquaintance residing in LA that has already offered to rent a room out to me. I'm still young and inexperienced in my field so I'm starting with minimum wage but eventually when I've become fully realized in the trade I'll see an income in the high 5 figures.

I will, do you have any websites you'd like to share?

I'm not really looking to buy a car since in my city at least I'd commute to work on the subway as my work is conducted mainly in the center of the city, I'm assuming that's how it'll work in LA? Correct me if I'm wrong.

But if I do ever plan to buy a car I definitely won't buy some flashy car, I'm not one to care so much to impress others also like I said I'm frugal with money.

Wish I could lol but my job has me doing physical labor so I have to be present on the site in order to facilitate my job.

Nice. I'll definitely be looking into getting a concealed carry permit.
I think realistically you will need a car. There are trains and busses but they run a full hour late sometimes and arent dependable. There isn't really a subway in LA. There is a metro, but it isn't as developed as many other cities are. If your rent is cheap enough then minimum wage should be fine, especially if you can pick up OT. One positive thing about California is that the labor laws are very generous.

Do you mind if I ask what trade you are getting into?

LA is huge, so the answer depends on where in LA you intend to live. One thing's for sure, you better enjoy driving.

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind when I get to LA.

I can't, don't want to give out too much information at the cost of being doxxed.
No worries, if your trade is a union trade, I highly recommend joining a union asap for the benefits and work.

No worries, if your trade is a union trade, I highly recommend joining a union asap for the benefits and work.
Yeah I will definitely join the Union. I'm actually prepping to take their test.

I'm still young and inexperienced in my field so I'm starting with minimum wage
No, bro that is a bad idea. That shit is unsustainable, you need to be earning 26$-30$ min an hour to live in LA.

Also if you have to physically be in LA guessing it’s construction related. So yes you will need a car, if you take equipment or even if you are jumping from site to site. The public transportation is trash and filled with homeless.

No, bro that is a bad idea. That shit is unsustainable, you need to be earning 26$-30$ min an hour to live in LA.
Perhaps if you're living by yourself then yeah I'd agree but like I said previously I will be living with an acquaintance I know. I've already gotten in contact with said acquaintance and I've done the math and it's indeed sustainable. It's not like I'll be earning minimum wage for the rest of my time there anyways, my pay will substantially increase once I get my license. I also intend to have side hustles in order to gain extra income.
Also if you have to physically be in LA guessing it’s construction related. So yes you will need a car, if you take equipment or even if you are jumping from site to site. The public transportation is trash and filled with homeless.
Yeah I will most definitely look into getting a driver's license. In the meantime I'll use the metro, I'm already used to the homeless and trash since my city has the same shit.

@Ducky @Angry_runt @nazianime

Hey guys, have you been to Huntington Beach before? Would you say it's better than LA? I have an aunt that lives there who has offered me to stay there for a month as I get a bearing on my footing.

Hey guys, have you been to Huntington Beach before? Would you say it's better than LA?
I'd consider that part of LA. I don't think I've ever been there though.
Why would you even want to live in LA?

Hey guys, have you been to Huntington Beach before? Would you say it's better than LA? I have an aunt that lives there who has offered me to stay there for a month as I get a bearing on my footing.
Huntington Beach is full of Mexicans should be a bit better though, never lived there but probably better then living in LA since it is in the Orange and Irvine area (which are mostly higher class asian areas.

Huntington Beach is much, much better than being in LA. The only thing is it might be a bit of a long commute depending where you find work since there are fewer highways there. You'll probably have to go up Beach Blvd to 405 which will add some time to your drive. It's more suburb than metro area though. Still has high car break in rate and large amount of homeless but so does all of Southern California. Cost of living is that same.

I'd consider that part of LA. I don't think I've ever been there though.
Why would you even want to live in LA?
Really? Apparently it's apart of the orange county.
It's not that I want to live in LA. I find living anywhere in the US insufferable. There's nothing here for me except money which is why I was willing to move to LA. I think however I'll be heading to Huntington Beach instead, I've done a bit of research on the place and it sounds much more peaceful, more suburban. I really hate the city life, there's always at least one insufferable idiot you meet every day here. It's getting tiresome.
Huntington Beach is much, much better than being in LA. The only thing is it might be a bit of a long commute depending where you find work since there are fewer highways there. You'll probably have to go up Beach Blvd to 405 which will add some time to your drive. It's more suburb than metro area though. Still has high car break in rate and large amount of homeless but so does all of Southern California. Cost of living is that same.
Alright I'll keep that in mind. I will probably have to wake up earlier for work if I'd like to get on time it seems.

my family used to live in la, and i would always hear my parents say of how much of a traffic jammed hellhole it was, alongside having to deal with shitty drivers and such before we moved.