Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Anyone else unironically tried to improve social skills?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22977
  • Start date
Deleted member 22977

Deleted member 22977

Self-banned
-
I tried and it just further cemented the fact that nothing could help me. People say that you can learn social skills, but I don't really believe that, some people are just too far gone. I read books, took courses, practiced irl, but I just don't have a sense for that. Idk if it's genetic or because I was bullied and beaten my entire childhood and had 0 friends that I missed on brain development so it left me a socially inept retard today? I think my brain is literally wired to be like this. I tried too hard, but I just can't escape it, my brain is literally too underdeveloped to finish my emotional growth. Might be why I'm low iq as well, I felt like I'm 70 my whole life in terms of brain power. Only thing I'm diagnosed with is ADD, but there must be more than that. It's already hard being an incel, but at least some of you here finish college and get good jobs for moneymaxxing. I however am the embodient of a subhuman.

You're born with charisma, and i'm convinced social skills are inherint as well. I switched from high inhib to low inhib and it just made me more retarded and repuslive

I do think practice helps tbh, especially with making you lower inhib.

Yes. It started with me making small talk with people i saw outside walking up and down the sidewalk. Also with people at the grocery store. It helped me get over my social anxiety somewhat

I try... But getting lifemogged into oblivion is no good foundation for conversations.

Nope. What's the point anymore?

My social skills are already excellent, so there’s simply no need.

Ofc.Massive autist if never tried

yeah. I did and it got better when I was fully redpilled but then nothing happened and I got depressed as fuck now I'm back where I started or maybe a bit better than that I guess

I tried and it just further cemented the fact that nothing could help me. People say that you can learn social skills, but I don't really believe that, some people are just too far gone. I read books, took courses, practiced irl, but I just don't have a sense for that. Idk if it's genetic or because I was bullied and beaten my entire childhood and had 0 friends that I missed on brain development so it left me a socially inept retard today? I think my brain is literally wired to be like this. I tried too hard, but I just can't escape it, my brain is literally too underdeveloped to finish my emotional growth. Might be why I'm low iq as well, I felt like I'm 70 my whole life in terms of brain power. Only thing I'm diagnosed with is ADD, but there must be more than that. It's already hard being an incel, but at least some of you here finish college and get good jobs for moneymaxxing. I however am the embodient of a subhuman.
If you were better looking you could talk utter shite or seem confused with unnecessary pauses & still get better reception than now.

I never bothered because it won’t do anything

If you want to improve social skills, you need to understand what makes people tick in general and play into that.

Some general rules about people:

-They are selfish and emotional creatures first and foremost who care about #1. Also expect them to be neurotic (this is probably mostly a Western cultural trait).

-They love to talk about themselves and masturbate their egos. Everybody wants to feel important somewhere, somehow, and to somebody.

-They love to complain but not hear complaints. This is hypocrisy. Most people are hypocrites and you should get quickly get used to that, if you want to survive and succeed in social interactions and situations.

-They like to believe that they're good persons and that their way of thinking is the right way. They hate having their beliefs challenged. A critique of their deeply held beliefs feels like a personal attack on them and the core of their identity, which is why people get extremely emotional and defensive when you talk religion and politics. It's for this reason that people know to avoid talking about those subjects.

-They love to laugh and hate to think. Laughing is easy and it appeals to their positive emotions. Thinking is hard and it appeals to their more calorie intense higher functions, of which they almost never utilize. Thinking can also mean you can be wrong. This makes them feel bad about themselves, so they prefer to let others think for them.

-People mostly subconsciously behave in a subtle and mild Machiavellian manner. This is why many people come off as fake and not genuine.

-All social interaction is a power game. It's about getting what you want from the situation and feeling like you came out on top with the better deal. That could be something as simple as getting that compliment you're craving for that ego boost or something as complex as maneuvering yourself to get acquainted with a certain person for whatever reason (sex, employment, drugs).

I hate people and socializing.

Last edited:
Hello based department?
If you want to improve social skills, you need to understand what makes people tick in general and play into that.

Some general rules about people:

-They are selfish and emotional creatures first and foremost who care about #1. Also expect them to be neurotic (this is probably mostly a Western cultural trait).

-They love to talk about themselves and masturbate their egos. Everybody wants to feel important somewhere, somehow, and to somebody.

-They love to complain but not hear complaints. This is hypocrisy. Most people are hypocrites and you should get quickly get used to that, if you want to survive and succeed in social interactions and situations.

-They like to believe that they're good persons and that their way of thinking is the right way. They hate having their beliefs challenged. A critique of their deeply held beliefs feels like a personal attack on them and the core of their identity, which is why people get extremely emotional and defensive when you talk religion and politics. It's for this reason that people know to avoid talking about those subjects.

-They love to laugh and hate to think. Laughing is easy and it appeals to their positive emotions. Thinking is hard and it appeals to their more calorie intense higher functions, of which they almost never utilize. Thinking can also mean you can be wrong. This makes them feel bad about themselves, so they prefer to let others think for them.

-People mostly subconsciously behave in a subtle and mild Machiavellian manner. This is why many people come off as fake and not genuine.

-All social interaction is a power game. It's about getting what you want from the situation and feeling like you came out on top with the better deal. That could be something as simple as getting that compliment you're craving for that ego boost or something as complex as maneuvering yourself to get acquainted with a certain person for whatever reason (sex, employment, drugs).

I hate people and socializing.