Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone else terrified of being recognized by people from your past when you're outside?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I've talked about this before, but it's just bothering me so much I can't help repeat myself.

There were a few incidents in my life that are huge humiliations of mine. There are just so many people I'm afraid of seeing on the street. I don't know why, I could just ignore it, I don't have any friends or any people that would care, but for some reason I don't want to run into any of the people that know of my humiliations.

Honestly, every time I step out of the house, every time I'm in public transport, every time I go anywhere, I'm always thinking that somebody will see me. I'm so tired of it, it's exhausting and very stressful. I don't even know why I care, but ohh god I sometimes lay awake thinking about this.

A while ago I encountered somebody and they wanted to shake my hand but I just ignored them and walked on. I thought about that incident literally for weeks.

Last edited:
I 100% feel this post so true

You need to move, change names, and start over. It's my dream to do this every few years.

Absolute worst shit that I worry about experiencing, especially if it's people that I knew from school. Suifuel for sure.

I knew very few people and forgot even more, i don't care and i doubt anyone will ever recognize me, i haven't maked much contacts since i was 15 or so.

Yes bro. It's even worse how a lot of them live reasonably close to me. It's so easy for me to accidentally run into them if I'm not careful

I knew very few people and forgot even more, i don't care and i doubt anyone will ever recognize me, i haven't maked much contacts since i was 15 or so.
There are people that I worry about from when I was ~12, from highschool and from uni. It's a lot of people.

@Admiral_Arkantos
@LiterallyASoyboy
@Warmest Black
@CursedCel

Is there any way we can get over this? Or will be scarred by this our entire lives? I'm literally terrified when going outside, it's hell. I'm so tired of this.

There are people that I worry about from when I was ~12, from highschool and from uni. It's a lot of people.
Haven't you changed facially since then? How they gonna recognize you?

Haven't you changed facially since then? How they gonna recognize you?
Well, the ones from age 12 I'm not as terrified of, but they would definitely recognize me if they heard their name. So in that instance I'm terrified of ever working with one of them or such. It actually happened in the uni that I dropped out from, I met 2 people from that period of my life.

The ones from highschool for example still recognize me, despite my baldness and whatnot. I actually thought multiple times about how long they'll recognize me for. 10 years in the future, will I still be as terrified?

Same here man. That's why I want to move from my actual city/country.

No, I moved out of my hometown into a bigger city.

I've talked about this before, but it's just bothering me so much I can't help repeat myself.

There were a few incidents in my life that are huge humiliations of mine. There are just so many people I'm afraid of seeing on the street. I don't know why, I could just ignore it, I don't have any friends or any people that would care, but for some reason I don't want to run into any of the people that know of my humiliations.

Honestly, every time I step out of the house, every time I'm in public transport, every time I go anywhere, I'm always thinking that somebody will see me. I'm so tired of it, it's exhausting and very stressful. I don't even know why I care, but ohh god I sometimes lay awake thinking about this.

A while ago I encountered somebody and they wanted to shake my hand but I just ignored them and walked on. I thought about that incident literally for weeks.
I can relate to this. What were your humiliations?

I'm not really afraid, but anxious and embarrassed when it happens.
Still, if they want to shake my hand, ok, a small chat and that's it. If they insult me, I insult them back. I haven't done many negative things to them, so, if they ridicule me, it's them that they reach.

It happened to me extremely rarely to walk by people I knew from the past, I'm mostly at home, and in my neighborhood, there is no one, TBH.

P.S.: it depend on the day, I'm often very high-inhib, so just like you.

That's bully game, they ruin your life forever and you're traumatized to even leave your fucking home because of it. Bully should pass to the firing squad.

Last edited:
I can relate to this. What were your humiliations?
Most recent one was my alcoholic phase. It lasted ~2 years and I did so, so many embarrassing things. I think I might have PTSD from some of them.

I remember when I told the whole class how I was supposedly asexual just because I was about to get rejected by a girl who I didn't even declared to. It was really hell after that because now, I had to stop looking at girls's ass,legs or tits because otherwise the facade would break and everybody would realize what a loser coper I was.

Last edited:
Most recent one was my alcoholic phase. It lasted ~2 years and I did so, so many embarrassing things. I think I might have PTSD from some of them.
Did this happen in bars or at people's houses? Maybe start drinking again to assuage your pain.

I live in a big city, so I rarely encounter people from school.

Yea if I see one I do my best to avoid them, but then have heard later from other people that such & such saw me in public:horror::cryfeels:

Did this happen in bars or at people's houses? Maybe start drinking again to assuage your pain.
Can't drink again. Because of my heavy drinking I have huge problems with my pancreas and heart. My pancreas especially, I literally can't drink, I could vomit from the smell nowadays.

It happened in my room, I bought alcohol from the store and drank alone in my room.
Yea if I see one I do my best to avoid them, but then have heard later from other people that such & such saw me in public:horror::cryfeels:
Shit, so people talk about that? Fuck, why do normies feel the need to report every fucking thing? If I saw someone I wouldn't tell it to anyone. Not that I have whom to tell.

Can't drink again. Because of my heavy drinking I have huge problems with my pancreas and heart. My pancreas especially, I literally can't drink, I could vomit from the smell nowadays.

It happened in my room, I bought alcohol from the store and drank alone in my room.

Shit, so people talk about that? Fuck, why do normies feel the need to report every fucking thing? If I saw someone I wouldn't tell it to anyone. Not that I have whom to tell.
If it happened in your room how do others know you were humiliated?

100%. I dyed my hair so they wont

Pride is the enemy of happiness, let it go.

This tbh. But i would also like to add that i live in a rather big city which makes the risk of running into people i know even less likely.

Happens to me all the time. I've even run into my old bullies and they're with there girlfriend. They always smirk at me and laugh. Keep in mind that I'm a 1/10 genetic abomination so I no joke got bullied by everyone at school except for this manlet ricecel who knew my pain so this is why it's so common for me. One time though it was quite funny because a guy who bullied me in middle school who was an early puberty fag smirked at me and was chuckling until he got up close and saw that I was way taller than him now. After that he walked with his head down and his eyes turned to sadness. :feelskek: at personality the way you're treated by others is always looks.

They would just ignore me, no one cares about me

Happens to me all the time. I've even run into my old bullies and they're with there girlfriend. They always smirk at me and laugh. Keep in mind that I'm a 1/10 genetic abomination so I no joke got bullied by everyone at school except for this manlet ricecel who knew my pain so this is why it's so common for me. One time though it was quite funny because a guy who bullied me in middle school who was an early puberty fag smirked at me and was chuckling until he got up close and saw that I was way taller than him now. After that he walked with his head down and his eyes turned to sadness. :feelskek: at personality the way you're treated by others is always looks.
1 of my biggest motivations to looksmax is incase i meet my bullies again