Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Anyone Else Notice that it's Getting Harder to "Check Out as a Guest" When Purchasing an Item Online?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14382
  • Start date
Deleted member 14382

Deleted member 14382

Self-banned
-
Many websites now require you to "create an account" just to buy something. So, you're forced to deal with the hassle of registering for an account and keeping track of usernames and passwords every fucking time you want to purchase something from a website. And, you have to "sign in" every time you return to that site.

This is part of a growing trend among companies (just like governments) that are becoming increasingly more intrusive. They want to keep track of your every movement. They're no longer content to just take your money. They now want your soul.

Even brick and mortar stores have become a hassle to shop in. You used to be able to simply buy your shit and walk out. Now, at the beginning of every transaction, they harass you by asking for your email address or phone number, or if you'd like to 'donate' money.

Things that used to be optional have a very funny way of becoming mandatory.

Last edited:
very true man I notice this as well and its annoying as fuck especially in free trials and you need credit card

very true man I notice this as well and its annoying as fuck especially in free trials and you need credit card
Actually, this trend has gotten worse and worse over time.

In 2005, you used to be able to purchase an item online, with no annoying intermediary steps at all.
In 2010, you were required to click on "check out as a guest" before completing your purchase.
Now, you actually can't buy anything without registering for an account.
10 years from now, they'll want your work history, criminal record and 2 references in order to be eligible to register for an account.

I think the more negative changes in this regard are forcing sign up or log in with facebook or some kind of social media service. This is becoming extremely common, and Facebook is already trying to introduce a Real ID facebook system so you can't make fake accts anymore.

I think the more negative changes in this regard are forcing sign up or log in with facebook or some kind of social media service. This is becoming extremely common, and Facebook is already trying to introduce a Real ID facebook system so you can't make fake accts anymore.
Well, then, they can go fuck themselves. I just won't join.

with time everything gettin' worse

I think the more negative changes in this regard are forcing sign up or log in with facebook or some kind of social media service.
Holy shit this is so annoying.

I hate this shit as well. I will often find something I want to buy on an electronics site, but it requires me to make an account. I don't want that hassle for every single site nor do I want to constantly keep increasing my digital footprint. I usually try to see if I can find what I need on Digi-Key and stick to buying things there since they don't force me to have an account

I'm extremely anal about having online accounts I don't absolutely need, so this trend gets on my nerves

Or when you're already registered in a site and then they propose to you second factor authentication and other stuff that slow the experience.

The noose is tightening boyo!