Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Anyone Else Here Have A Very Low Attention Span?

• Thread starter BlackPilledOverdose
  • Start date
B

BlackPilledOverdose

(Self Deleted)
-
I have a very low attention span and it fucking sucks. I can hardly pay attention or stand or sit still for over 2 minutes. I'm also very impatient and rush everything. I have been like this my whole life. I remember when I was in school I would find it very hard to pay attention and would rush my work all the time.

Anyone know anything that could help with this? I hate living like this so much.

read books I think. like ones you actually care about. when I haven't read in a while I get angsty when I start one but it gets better towards the end and I can focus more.

When I read long posts on here, I find it helps to track the words with my mouse cursor.

When I read long posts on here, I find it helps to track the words with my mouse cursor.
I read very quickly and type very quickly.

The greatest "gift" of having complex PTSD is that I spend my entire day moving from flights of fantasy (dissociation) to extreme concentration and then a flashback makes me emotionally disregulated, which takes me back to dissociation and the cycle begins anew.

I have a very good attention when I'm between a dissociation episode and a flashback, but I can't control precisely which time that will happen. If I have work to do, I do it piecemeal, across several separate intervals. During each interval I have good focus, but after an hour or two I get a flashback, and then I'm back at dissociation for hours, and then I smoke or eat, do some more work until a new flashback and so on.

Told my thERapist that I gave up having a normal life, with a social circle, girlfriend and so on because I'm so abnormal that normal people wouldn't want to hang out with me, and I don't want to hangout with equally damaged people, because that would trigger me even more. The thERapist thinks I'm being "negative" and "pessimistic". No, bitch, I'm being realistic.

Last edited:
Yes, though I haven't been this way my entire life. It's only happened for me for the last few years. :feelsbadman: