Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone else have strong thoughts or memories associated with music?

Indari

Indari

Nigger
★★★★★
I think everyone has music they associate with whatever they were doing when they were heavily listening to it, but I take it further. I always listened to specific music in high school to fit the setting and used it to fuel my fantasies about a heavenly alternate reality. For example I would listen to the school themes of the Persona games (mainly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQcnanaCjEA and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZYJ-5sLazQ) constantly my junior and senior years while I walked through the halls of my school. I felt a deeper connection to the nostalgic feeling I felt to them the more I associated them with real life. My fantasies were not even entirely tangible, just vague thoughts of a world where I am happy and fulfilled and have friends and there is light everywhere. The quintessential high school experience. Words don't do it justice. 

I watched Panty and Stocking literally in school (I did nothing in class my last 2 years and just watched anime all day and fapped in the bathroom) and like usual I started listening to the soundtrack constantly. Now whenever I listen to this song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPkoVjqvoIg) I get sad. Not paying attention to the lyrics, the song sounds so celebratory, and so is the fantasy I associated it with, and so much greater is the disappointment that it isn't real.

That's what happens when you get into the groove. Similar to reading a good book

Yes, I prefer listening to soundtracks from video games, and anime, generally non-vocal preferably. You already have thoughts flowing through your mind and until someones words, or lyrics counterfeits that.

idkwattodowithlife said:
Yes, I prefer listening to soundtracks from video games, and anime, generally non-vocal preferably. You already have thoughts flowing through your mind and until someones words, or lyrics counterfeits that.

Its the opposite for me.

I guess that isn't hard for anyone to believe considering i'm a huge Kendrick/joyner Lucas fan and they are more lyrical based to get you going.

ngl, as a teen I listened to cheesy slows, pop-rock, romantic songs etc while visualising myself with the girls I had a crush on.
I guess it was because of movie scenes where everything gets slowed down, they are kissing, holding hands in some exotic location and romantic music in the background so I assumed every man gets to know that at some point since your parents did.

yes, sadly a cancerous song is associated with oneitis

But god damn this post

Ima pretend i never seen

nausea said:
yes, sadly a cancerous song is associated with oneitis

Share it! I have the same issues -_-;

blickpall said:
Share it! I have the same issues -_-;

it's stuff happened when I was 18 years old

you want I share the song? or the memory?

nausea said:
it's stuff happened when I was 18 years old

you want I share the song? or the memory?

I meant the song, but if you're comfortable, why not both? ^^

blickpall said:
I meant the song, but if you're comfortable, why not both? ^^

thx for the interest

the song is that cancerous mainstream soundtrack of the movie GHOST with patrick swayze and the actress ... probably demi moore?

if you are plagued by oneitis now, avoid it like the plague it is, it is suifuel

btw if you are plagued by oneitis may Allah guide you to wisdom, seriously

the memory no, but seriously thx for your kindness, brother

Happens occasionally

nausea said:
thx for the interest

the song is that cancerous mainstream soundtrack of the movie GHOST with patrick swayze and the actress ... probably demi moore?

if you are plagued by oneitis now, avoid it like the plague it is, it is suifuel

btw if you are plagued by oneitis may Allah guide you to wisdom, seriously

the memory no, but seriously thx for your kindness, brother

Can you say which song, specifically? I am familiar with the movie. I also catch mad feels when I listen to the musical version of Ghost, this track in particular:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvaEe160LMM[/video]

I am no longer plagued by one-itis, or at least not nearly as much as before. I mentioned in a different thread that I haven't seen or talked to her for nearly 10 years, but I still have dreams about her which is fucked up but outside my control. Such is life. I have minor bouts of one-itis when I meet a girl nowadays. Probably more intense and more rapid onset than in the past because I've been alone for so long, but they definitely don't last as long anymore, probably because I'm getting old and jaded. I had it pretty bad this summer but then I reminded myself of the black pill and it made letting go easy. Even gave her number to my friend after we all had lunch together, and told him honestly, "best of luck." Call me a cuck or whatever, but what's the point of holding on to feelings that will never be mutual? I'd rather give my friend a chance at it than claim pathetic ownership of a woman who doesn't see me in the same light.

Thank you for your good wishes.

blickpall said:
Can you say which song, specifically? I am familiar with the movie. I also catch mad feels when I listen to the musical version of Ghost, this track in particular:

I am no longer plagued by one-itis, or at least not nearly as much as before. I mentioned in a different thread that I haven't seen or talked to her for nearly 10 years, but I still have dreams about her which is fucked up but outside my control. Such is life. I have minor bouts of one-itis when I meet a girl nowadays. Probably more intense and more rapid onset than in the past because I've been alone for so long, but they definitely don't last as long anymore, probably because I'm getting old and jaded. I had it pretty bad this summer but then I reminded myself of the black pill and it made letting go easy. Even gave her number to my friend after we all had lunch together, and told him honestly, "best of luck." Call me a cuck or whatever, but what's the point of holding on to feelings that will never be mutual? I'd rather give my friend a chance at it than claim pathetic ownership of a woman who doesn't see me in the same light.

the song is the most famous one, idk the title, did not watch the video sorry ( it could be suifuel )

what you wrote is very interesting, I read it carefully
I stopped dreaming about oneitis many years ago, I only dream about loneliness now
I understand your emotional situation and the number move does not constitute cuckery in my book, what could be considered cuckery is the whole situation behind it, like the whole story on how you met her, how you got her number et similia
loneliness is terrible and you shall choose what to do with your life cause you will face the consequences of your choices( I thought alot before making this phrase )
I think, but this is just a personal opinion, and it's purely based on your post, that you need to be blackpilled more ( plenty of bp around )
I too have been rejected this summer, it sucks everytime no matter what

your last sentence does not make sense to me, care to elaborate?

nausea said:
the song is the most famous one, idk the title, did not watch the video sorry ( it could be suifuel )

what you wrote is very interesting, I read it carefully
I stopped dreaming about oneitis many years ago, I only dream about loneliness now
I understand your emotional situation and the number move does not constitute cuckery in my book, what could be considered cuckery is the whole situation behind it, like the whole story on how you met her, how you got her number et similia

No worries. The song is definitely very sad, maybe especially so for an incel. Should have put a warning I guess, sorry.

That's very sad man ): I hope you have some good dreams once in a while. I would classify most of my dreams as nightmares or bittersweet at best, but I still have a good one every now and then.

I can see what you're saying, I guess. We hit it off quite well, I thought, because we had good conversations and even seemed to have similar family backgrounds. The obvious difference was that she was very attractive lol. We went out for drinks a couple of times and she paid once, I paid once, etc. The cuckoldry was probably in the fact that I probably became an orbiter for her and that I didn't recognize it because I was too enveloped in my one-itis. In that sense, I definitely agree with you.

nausea said:
loneliness is terrible and you shall choose what to do with your life cause you will face the consequences of your choices( I thought alot before making this phrase )

Can you elaborate on this as well?

nausea said:
I think, but this is just a personal opinion, and it's purely based on your post, that you need to be blackpilled more ( plenty of bp around )
I too have been rejected this summer, it sucks everytime no matter what

your last sentence does not make sense to me, care to elaborate?

You might be right. It is easy to swept up thinking that you might have a chance. It happens so rarely that it rushed over me like a tsunami and I forgot everything I thought I knew about the black pill. I thought there was hope. Haha.

My last sentence, I meant it like this. If you have a wife or girlfriend, and your friend starts hitting on her or asking for her number, then you have the right to be upset because your relationship is like that; you have her, she has you, etc. However, if your friend asks you for a girl's number and you already know nothing will happen between you two, sometimes men get very defensive of their one-itis and say "no," and act like they have her like a married man has a wife, when it is in fact very far from mutual. I think that behavior is pathetic and I didn't want to behave that way, so I let my friend have a chance.

yes man, if you catch feelings for them you become blind, you definitely shall swallow the bp more
sadly,I don''t know how to multiquote because I am dumb af,so I'll go as usual( and this post will be a mess )

I meant this: we are here so we are clearly losing the game, we will die and our corpses will be put in a coffin (maybe), that's it. What shall we do?

about your last paragraph: I do not compete in any way shape or form with other males over any female, I do not feel the need to and it is foolish behaviour, it's not even needed in the first place
I understand what you mean though

I cannot talk about relationships here cuz I ve never been in one

nausea said:
yes man, if you catch feelings for them you become blind, you definitely shall swallow the bp more
sadly,I don''t know how to multiquote because I am dumb af,so I'll go as usual( and this post will be a mess )

Well, it was nice to feel something while it lasted to be honest. I hadn't felt anything for anyone for a long time prior. That's not even blue pill or black pill IMO, that was just being human. The result was definitely blue pilled for a bit, though. Glad to be back to reality.

To multiquote, you select the text you wish to quote by highlighting it with your mouse, then press the "*" button next to "Reply." You do this for every line you want to address.

nausea said:
I meant this: we are here so we are clearly losing the game, we will die and our corpses will be put in a coffin (maybe), that's it. What shall we do?

Make the best of it, I guess. That's what I'm doing. I'm trying to find fulfillment in everything I do.

nausea said:
about your last paragraph: I do not compete in any way shape or form with other males over any female, I do not feel the need to and it is foolish behaviour, it's not even needed in the first place
I understand what you mean though

That's enlightened af. I agree. When you fight over a woman, you've already lost.

blickpall said:
Well, it was nice to feel something while it lasted to be honest. I hadn't felt anything for anyone for a long time prior. That's not even blue pill or black pill IMO, that was just being human. The result was definitely blue pilled for a bit, though. Glad to be back to reality.

To multiquote, you select the text you wish to quote by highlighting it with your mouse, then press the "*" button next to "Reply." You do this for every line you want to address.

Make the best of it, I guess. That's what I'm doing. I'm trying to find fulfillment in everything I do.

That's enlightened af. I agree. When you fight over a woman, you've already lost.

trying to multiquote

It's called maladaptive daydreaming

Pure suifuel, prepare yourself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MaladaptiveDreaming/top/?sort=top&t=year

Yeah, for some reason, I have a lot.

Music is a magical soulhack.

It grabs the brain at all points; Fore and Reptilian

I am still not able to multiquote, I don't even see the button '*' @blickpall

nausea said:
is it the fastquote button?
Yes. Just select the text you want quoted and then press the button. Then you can select some more text and press it again.