Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Anyone else got shitty skin?

P

Panasonic_cell

Greycel
Im talking adult nodular/cystic acne, chronic rashes, burning flaking skin, dermatitis, folliculitis. I got it all over my face back and chest for years and it is extremly painful and uncomfortable. Its not really a cosmetic issue for me. It causes physical pain and my skin is swollen and feels like it is on fire all the time. At the same time, it flakes and crusts off and cracks.

Ive tried everything over the years, different lotions, moisturizers, antifungalls, exfoliation, benzoyl peroxide, retinoids (tretinoin and adapalene), topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics, sulfur, Nothing help, if not they made it worse. Its hard to treat because its multiple skin disorders at the same time and they all are likely caused by excess androgen/DHT production and a genetic disposition to inflammation. Nodulocystic acne is uncommon by itself, and even less often does it overlap with chronic dry skin/dermatitis. What is used to treat acne, worsens the dermatitis. What is used to treat the dermatitis, worsens the acne.

Nobody thinks you can have skin problems as a male past age 20. Skin conditions are considered a "woman's issue" and more of a "beauty" thing rather than a medical problem, because rarely are they severe/cause pain unless its cancer. Its so easy to treat if youre female, if only i could just take birth control or spironolactone. My current insurance dosent cover dermatologist/skin medications because they consider it "cosmetic" issue and not "medically necessary".

But a couple months ago I was desperate, so i saved up to visit a dermatologist again out of pocket, and they admitted they couldnt figure out wat was wrong with my skin. I told them i tried all the topicals and I mentioned Isotretinoin (accutane), but the derm refused to prescribe because its too "dangerous" although i qualify given severity of my case. Instead she gave me another steroid cream and told me to drink more water and cut out dairy and sugar/carbs (which i already did). I was kinda pissed cuz i pretty much wasted my money. i dont wat to do now because all other dermatologist appointments are overbooked until next year cuz of covid19. Currently ive been taking aspirin daily to calm down the pain and eat low glycemic diet, but it dosent seem to be making much of a diffrence.

is anyone else stuck with similar problem? sory if this is kind of a pointless ramble

No. My skins great. Then again im ge etically modified

Dm your skin I might see what suggestions to give, since I used to have some of those issues.

As an oldcel, I've had minor skin issues off and on my entire life.

A few observations:

(1) Nothing topical ever did a damn thing.

(2) Nothing oral ever did a damn thing.

(3) Changing my diet never did a damn thing.

(4) My skin tended to get worse when life was stressful and tended to improve when life was not stressful.

I do have shitty skin. On top of that, I still have acne at the age of 26.