Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone else able to fake-smile really well.

Swagpilled

Swagpilled

swagpilled
★★★★★
I rarely ever smile normally, but I can make myself "laugh" and force a 100% natural smile. I can also instantly stop my laughing even if it's genuine.

can; t fo that fuckign everyone fickbappiness happiness fuck itllall fuckl itall fuck it all

idk I just trained it over years. I guess you can start by imagining something that actually makes you laugh and then later you try to "reimagine" the emotion you felt in that moment and replicate it. for me it actually feels like I'm genuinely laughing/smiling at something when I do it. otherwise you can train by just smiling for multiple minutes at a time. It releases endorphins or some shit and actually makes you happier. I used to do that alot. some would call it a "legal high" when you never feel happiness in life normally

My “smile” looks like someone after they just stubbed their toe on a brick

try to smile without opening your mouth and just try and keep it for a few minutes. also try to keep your face relaxed while smiling

try to smile without opening your mouth and just try and keep it for a few minutes. also try to keep your face relaxed while smiling
Christ now I just look like i kidnap children in a white van and rape them JFL

same i'm so ugly brocel fuck everyone one ahres me all foids hat eme fuck them all I hate them I;m the uglies here

Christ now I just look like i kidnap children in a white van and rape them JFL
try to relax your face. also try my steps about actually trying to get a "natural" laugh first and holding it.

try to relax your face. also try my steps about actually trying to get a "natural" laugh first and holding it.
My face is relaxed enough, I think it just looks awful cuz of the stache. Maybe it’ll look better if I shaved it off but then I’ll look like a baby-faced cuck without it so idk

My face is relaxed enough, I think it just looks awful cuz of the stache. Maybe it’ll look better if I shaved it off but then I’ll look like a baby-faced cuck without it so idk
smile is also genetic and my smiles make my face look awful, but I can still get a (imo) trustable smile. mustaches are always bad, unless you can grow a good beard with it. have you tried getting a natural smile and holding it? if not just watch some funny videos and try to exaggerate how funny you think it is

I rarely ever smile normally, but I can make myself "laugh" and force a 100% natural smile. I can also instantly stop my laughing even if it's genuine.
Same

Interesting to see a thread like this. I've always like the idea of trying to gain more control over my body and mind.

I'm also pretty close at being able to cry or feel sad on command too, but it's a lot more difficult. Just making your mouth into a smile makes you feel happy, but it doesn't work the same way with a frown when it comes to sadness. You have to feel genuinely sad about something, and the only way for me to do that is create hypothetical scenarios in my mind where I try to empathize with people and then I project that sadness onto myself.

TBH the only tip I have is for the smile to actually be "genuine", it's just that the reason you are smiling isn't what people think.

For example, my approach is very meta. I can smile and laugh genuinely on command, because I genuinely find it funny that in social situations I'm forced to pretend and "play human". To me the nature of social interactions are amusing, the fact that my life is so much trash is amusing. I'm a cynic.

I learned this approach when I was working as a cashier, and my manager told me to smile as I always had this dry expression on my face. I had to find a reason to smile, and my reason to smile was the fact that I was expected to smile while being a wage slave (I found that funny).

It's a really meta approach, and once you get that mindset, it will come very easily to you, because as a cynical incel just existing in this world is always amusing in some sense. After a while it will be like flipping a switch once you've done it for long enough.

But like I said above, smiling and laughing is easy, being sad is the hardest shit ever.

When you think about it, how smiling and laughing works is kinda creepy, because you instantly feel happy just by doing it, that's weird as hell when you think about it. It's like giving yourself a dose of dopamine or something. But that's why seeming genuinely happy or amused comes easy.

I think it will be years before I can get being sad down to a science. Not like I'll ever need it, but I still like the idea of being able to do it.

@Kami
What will be even harder than crying on command, will be something I consider to be the magnum opus of control over your body and mind. You are a fucking anime character if you can pull this off lol.

Making yourself frightened on command, and scared enough that you activate your adrenaline response (fight or flight).

This is the hardest shit ever, and the more numb to reality you become, the harder it will be. There was a time in my life where the thought of dying scared me, now I don't give a shit whether I live or die, so where the hell am I going to get a "trigger" to use to activate my fight or flight response?

I'm going to have to find some way to just "trigger" it, without being scared. This is probably required some meditation and breathing technique fuckery, IDK lol.

I'm also pretty close at being able to cry or feel sad on command too, but it's a lot more difficult
same, I have been very good at it ever since I could think. I don't know why, guess it's part of mainly living in my fantasy world. although it is very easy for me.
Making yourself frightened on command, and scared enough that you activate your adrenaline response
this would be an interesting thing to try, but I don't think I will achieve it in my short lifespan. I can't really imagine the feeling of flight or fight well tho. I'm rarely ever in those situations and I never thought about what they might feel like. Right now I simply don't have enough time to do this especially with my inability to understand feelings slowing me down.
It's like giving yourself a dose of dopamine or something.
yeah like I said it's kind of like getting high for free.

this would be an interesting thing to try, but I don't think I will achieve it in my short lifespan.
It's not like you are going to be using it 24/7 lol. Just in situations where you have to run faster or fight someone who is more combat proficient than you are. That's what it would be useful for.

I've been trying to do weird shit like this for years, and that's exactly why I liked this anime when I stumbled upon it by chance years ago (maybe you've seen it):
Rakudai Kishi No Calvary

The main character is basically a guy who is genetically defective for the world he was born into. His magical capabilities are the worst of the worst. He overcomes that through physical training and through a special technique he developed where he basically has complete sensory control and control of his body. He activates or shutdown down certain "functions" of his body in order to speed himself up, increase his reflexes, etc.

When I watched the anime and saw what he could do I instantly thought about being able to willfully induce my adrenaline response. It would be very similar to Ittou Shura (his special ability).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xAfJBV0090

I can't really imagine the feeling of flight or fight well tho.
I can only remember one specific situation where I experienced it and was able to "feel it's effects". I was in a fight with someone (won't get specific) and I had a knife in my hand and I was dead set on going for the kill, I was serious, more serious than I've ever been. I was just waiting for them to do something to give me a reason to stab them in the throat. Someone came along and calmed down the situation but I was still amped.

Here's what's the weird thing. A roach crawled up onto my hand and the only way I could describe the sensation is that I could barely feel it there and I was completely unbothered by it. I didn't even notice the roach at first lol.

Usually when something like that happens I get a quick passive knee jerk reaction just from feeling the insect legs on my hand and I'd flick my hand quickly to get it off (without even thinking), but there was no feeling of fear, my skin felt numb and I could barely feel it crawling on me, I just watched it crawling on my arm and transferred it from hand to hand as it crawled up my arm.

It's only because of that weird coincidence of those two events coinciding that I was able to realize the effects of the fight or flight response (well, it was just the fight). It's like your body literally tunes out every sensation that would distract you and you are laser focused on violence. It was one of the weirdest experiences ever. As I started to calm down I could feel the roach on my hands more and more.

If it were possible to go into that "mode" at will, you could probably do very well in a fight. My sense of pain was probably numbed too, but nothing happened for me to test that.

Last edited: