Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone do MMA?

AnxiousAtypical

AnxiousAtypical

mixed-race autistic gymcel
★★★★
Is there anyone on here do any type MMA or kickboxing?

No I do your mom

I do MMA and lift regularly, looking into getting into it?

Yeah I manage my account

I wish genetics didn't influenced martial arts as well.

Why do you want to train MMA?

I don't have the physical built for strength focused sports.

I did it a bit, it's pretty good but obviously you have to get your ass kicked a lot.

Interesting. Do you do it? I'm guessing not.

Sure, but I was looking for a more specific answer.

Do you want to defend yourself on the street? Do you want to get fit? Do you want a hobby? Do you want to compete?

Different goals means different training.

Sure, but I was looking for a more specific answer.

Do you want to defend yourself on the street? Do you want to get fit? Do you want a hobby? Do you want to compete?

Different goals means different training.

All of the above expect for the last one

IMHO take up boxing first, then wrestling. Do weight training on the side. Classic tried and true.
I'm doing weightlifing for 2 years now (with a few months stopping due to depression) and I want to start kickboxing at the end of summer.
You think running/sprinting is the best way of building condition? I felt slightly below average when I was at a training once.

I'm doing weightlifing for 2 years now (with a few months stopping due to depression) and I want to start kickboxing at the end of summer.
You think running/sprinting is the best way of building condition? I felt slightly below average when I was at a training once.

A common misconception is that all conditioning is generic. It isn't. Sport specific conditioning is a thing. While running (sprinting or long runs) is important, the best way to build conditioning for kickboxing is to do kickboxing. You need to spar a lot and get your body used to the movements.

Running will help you build a strong baseline for stamina and endurance, just like weight training helps build a strong baseline for strength. I'd do the running now, then modify your training to make running secondary to your kickboxing training.

A common misconception is that all conditioning is generic. It isn't. Sport specific conditioning is a thing. While running (sprinting or long runs) is important, the best way to build conditioning for kickboxing is to do kickboxing. You need to spar a lot and get your body used to the movements.

Running will help you build a strong baseline for stamina and endurance, just like weight training helps build a strong baseline for strength. I'd do the running now, then modify your training to make running secondary to your kickboxing training.
Okay thanks. I just heard a boxer say once "it takes a week after a break to get into the movements again but months to get the condition back".
Any tips on taking punches? I got my nose broken in 6th grade and since that I'm terribly afraid of someone crushing my nose. Its a psychological blockage and it pisses me off

Okay thanks. I just heard a boxer say once "it takes a week after a break to get into the movements again but months to get the condition back".
Any tips on taking punches? I got my nose broken in 6th grade and since that I'm terribly afraid of someone crushing my nose. Its a psychological blockage and it pisses me off

Don't tense your face and neck, and don't clench your jaw. That's a recipe for disaster. Go with the punch, it's easier to recover from hits that way. Keep your head at a slight angle to one side (I prefer dominant side), so you don't take jabs head on.

As for the psychological hurdle, I can't really help you there. You have to overcome that on your own. I suppose light sparring and getting hit lightly might help, but I'm not sure, that's just an educated guess.

Rate of reconditioning is dependent upon your training level.

There’s a boxing club nearby , but I’ve never thought about going , It’s filled with delinquents
There is a place like that near me as well, but I don’t plan on ever going there tbh.

I used to. Back in 2009. If I hadn't quit, I could have coped with UFCmaxxing.

There is a place like that near me as well, but I don’t plan on ever going there tbh.
Yeah , i’m not interested , wouldn’t go even i was