Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone coping with buddhism/meditation?

• Thread starter Deleted member 36576
  • Start date
Deleted member 36576

Deleted member 36576

Self-banned
-
Sorry, don't mean buddhism specifically, but it's ideology. Humanity's default state seems to be pursuing something that they think will make them happy, they put effort in to get that thing, sometimes hurting themselves or other people in the way, and then when they get it, maybe they're happy for a while, but then they're back to suffering, and chasing after another thing. Not saying having sex wouldn't make us happy, it's the highest natural form of pleasure a human can achieve. But it seems being happy with what we have is the only way to truly achieve happiness, not obtaining anything material or really anything outside changing our own minds. Chads and Stacies have all of life's greatest pleasures handed to them, and they still demand more. Stacies marry ugly rich husbands thinking their millions will bring them happiness, Chad fucks hundreds of girls and still thinks he has it hard in life. That's because despite pleasure being, well, pleasure, it's still temporary. If Chad doesn't learn to appreciate the pleasure he has now, all he'll do is demand more.
Anyone here know something about the subject of buddhist ideologies?

Brutal no reply pill

@Transcended Trucel

I hung out for a free meditation at a nearby Buddhist temple about ten years ago but they wanted me to buy some 30 dollar book and it was kinda boring.

I find it just as calming to do some lifting or yoga poses, probably moreso since it distracts/focuses mind more than just sitting crosslegged.

@Transcended Trucel
OP should read mastering the core teachings of Buddhism. That book explains everything relatively well. Then from there he can chooese his buddhist specialization.

theres a relatively high level(I tink) meditation in buddhism called asubha bhavana tat to see the human body as foul and impure so u have less attachment to it.
@Transcended Trucel thoughts

theres a relatively high level(I tink) meditation in buddhism called asubha bhavana tat to see the human body as foul and impure so u have less attachment to it.
@Transcended Trucel thoughts
It is a good technique for some people but wouldn't recommend a person trying it till they are pretty advanced in meditation to be able to at least meditate 30 min consistently

What is even end-goal of buddhism? it's impossible to achive true hapiness in budhist state during life, so what's the point of achiving nirvana after death? Buddhism seems like a good cope, but the term nirvana is so vague and abstract.