Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone a programmer here?

i'M TOo low iq

I imagine it being one of the worst wageslaving jobs.

I am. Its wage slaving even though you earn better money it all gets saved because it's not like you have friends or a girlfriend to spend on outings with.

i've been wagecucking in software for more than 10 years. it's ok other than being a massive sausage fest

I'm a programmer and make substantially less than I did 10 years ago, my quality of life has taken a nosedive over the years through multiple layoffs, and getting fired for no reason except "it's not working out" (aka making room on the payroll for some immigrant hires or more attractive employees). And now diversity hiring means my skin color and penis means I can't even find work anymore. This is the world of tech in 2019.

I'm a programmer and make substantially less than I did 10 years ago, my quality of life has taken a nosedive over the years through multiple layoffs, and getting fired for no reason except "it's not working out" (aka making room on the payroll for some immigrant hires or more attractive employees). And now diversity hiring means my skin color and penis means I can't even find work anymore. This is the world of tech in 2019.
Damn that sounds like a nightmare. I cant imagine how bad its gonna be for guys like me that graduate in a few years :feelsrope:
"Study STEM bro, theres tons of job positions open and the pay is huge"

but cant u do alot of remote work so u can travel and shit?

It depends on where you work, some jobs you have to travel a lot to do installations and talk to customers and shit, I had to do that early in my job but it really died down lately due to travel costs, etc.

I am a deprogrammer.

I self taught programming when I was 15 and still had high IQ. I forgot most of it, now I'm neet and.idk the extent of my cognitive decline

I'm a backend engineer. Was doing fullstack but got a new job that pays better.

It isn't glamorous but I make $42/hour and work 40 hour weeks, 9-5.

I'm a backend engineer. Was doing fullstack but got a new job that pays better.

It isn't glamorous but I make $42/hour and work 40 hour weeks, 9-5.

Do you do any remote work? Seems to be the ideal field if u wanna travel alot and work remote.

Do you do any remote work? Seems to be the ideal field if u wanna travel alot and work remote.
The pay is a lot lower for remote jobs because you're competing against people who live in the Ukraine who are willing to do your job for $4/hr because their cost of living is so much lower.

im full stack web dev. about 32/hour at the moment. fully remote position with some in office. best job i have ever had

FUARKK! :feelsohgod::feelsohgod:What's your IQ? Ded srs. I wanted to work in distributed systems but I'm too low IQ. :feelsrope::feelsrope:
to be honest, programming isnt so much about IQ as much as it is problem solving, ability to learn, and sticktoitiveness. i mean of course it helps to be smarter than average, but I am no genius and I think i have done some pretty good work at my job. we live in the era of online learning. entire codebases are available to peruse through github. enterprise grade projects are being made open source as more and more companies realize its the future. unless you are literally unable to grasp simple concepts like variables and functions, you can do this. just take the time to learn

Any front-endcels? I'm thinking of learning React and JS in general as I read the pay is pretty good.

Any front-endcels? I'm thinking of learning React and JS in general as I read the pay is pretty good.
i use a lot of JS in my job currently. be ready for a lot of headaches debugging your js code. React is a lot of fun though. Unfortunately im using ASP.NET for most of my work but I WISH it was React.

to be honest, programming isnt so much about IQ as much as it is problem solving, ability to learn, and sticktoitiveness. i mean of course it helps to be smarter than average, but I am no genius and I think i have done some pretty good work at my job. we live in the era of online learning. entire codebases are available to peruse through github. enterprise grade projects are being made open source as more and more companies realize its the future. unless you are literally unable to grasp simple concepts like variables and functions, you can do this. just take the time to learn

This seems legit. I know a dude who is not especially smart at all, but he got into programming when he was 12 years old, now he is 22 and fucking super skilled at that shit, but yet fucking stupid.

This seems legit. I know a dude who is not especially smart at all, but he got into programming when he was 12 years old, now he is 22 and fucking super skilled at that shit, but yet fucking stupid.
man i can freely admit im not the smartest dude in the world. ask me to design a 3 tier web application, code api endpoints, design database tables, i can handle it. throw some surprise long division or multiplication at me and i will embarrass myself. i just work really hard

FUARKK! :feelsohgod::feelsohgod:What's your IQ? Ded srs. I wanted to work in distributed systems but I'm too low IQ. :feelsrope::feelsrope:
I took this distributed systems class in my final year for college and I barely passed. :cryfeels::cryfeels:

It's distributed as in web stack distributed, like load balancing and microservices. Not distributed in the sense of BitTorrent network or Blockchain.

This. I've never had my IQ formally measure but I think it is probably around low 130s. Not genius level.

I like React, I'm planning to use it in my next big side-project.

Yep, pretty much how it is. I wish I had done some things earlier. I started pretty late. Time is really the most important factor.

Nah. Too mind twisting.

Programming is like the quintessential incel profession. So many currycels and ricecels at work.

As long you're reasonable high iq the hardest part about it is getting your first job. After that it's smooth sailing. For the people who shit on it check levels.fyi and try to pretend LDARing is any way better than moneycoping.