Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Anybody know how to do poetry?

Nanoventor

Nanoventor

SONGUN
Been thinking of becoming a philosopher and poet and would like to know if anybody knows any good poets I could study or things they enjoy in a poem?

Here I sit, broken hearted
Tried to shit, but only farted
Went back to class and took a chance
Tried to fart, and shit my pants

contemporary poetry is utter dogshit written by ugly foids, soy numales and niggers

earlier poetry is more valuable, you can check out a variety of poets and see which you prefer, then look at other poets of the same era/style

a few worth looking at, mostly less obvious ones:

- Park Barnitz (based suicidal misanthrope)
- romantics like shelley and keats. shelley is too didactic most of the time, but has his moments
- philip larkin
- philip sidney and petrarch from the sonnet tradition. petrarch wrote in italian but there's a few decent translations, I'm fond of Auslander's:

- ghazalists like mir, and some roman poets like catullus can resemble them
- kalidasa, maybe tagore
- r.h. morrison (obscure aussie poet)
- christian poetry like milton's paradise lost + george herbert + gascoyne's miserere
- edward thomas + francis ledwidge + patrick kavanaugh + a.e. (george russell), 'oldfashioned' 20th c poets
- early christian poets like ephraim and aurelius prudentius
- puritan poets like edward taylor
- emily dickinson and nora may french if you need foid poets

had most of these listed in a text file, fortunately

tbh I feel most poetry is a bit tiresome and insubstantial, nowadays I can't be bothered with most of it. still find ghazals cool tho, their format is better than most. it's the freeform, refined poetry that contemporary poetry pretends to be

Last edited:
Poetryinc

^ a deep philosophical poem by idk some guy

Last edited:
contemporary poetry is utter dogshit written by ugly foids, soy numales and niggers

earlier poetry is more valuable, you can check out a variety of poets and see which you prefer, then look at other poets of the same era/style

a few worth looking at, mostly less obvious ones:

- Park Barnitz (based suicidal misanthrope)
- romantics like shelley and keats. shelley is too didactic most of the time, but has his moments
- philip larkin
- philip sidney and petrarch from the sonnet tradition. petrarch wrote in italian but there's a few decent translations, I'm fond of Auslander's:

- ghazalists like mir, and some roman poets like catullus can resemble them
- kalidasa, maybe tagore
- r.h. morrison (obscure aussie poet)
- christian poetry like milton's paradise lost + george herbert + gascoyne's miserere
- edward thomas + francis ledwidge + patrick kavanaugh + a.e. (george russell), 'oldfashioned' 20th c poets
- early christian poets like ephraim and aurelius prudentius
- puritan poets like edward taylor
- emily dickinson and nora may french if you need foid poets

had most of these listed in a text file, fortunately

tbh I feel most poetry is a bit tiresome and insubstantial, nowadays I can't be bothered with most of it. still find ghazals cool tho, their format is better than most. it's the freeform, refined poetry that contemporary poetry pretends to be
Thanks yo

Thanks yo
np yo

nigga gonna be a philosopher poet n shieeet

sigma frfr

he gonna get skibidi rizz down to a philosophy

based no cap fr

William blake and Edgar Allan poe are good ones to study. They were a perfectionist at their craft.

Here I sit, broken hearted
Tried to shit, but only farted
Went back to class and took a chance
Tried to fart, and shit my pants
here in the bathroom
i sit and hesitate
whether t shit or masturbate