Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Anybody else just hated math in school?

grayjedi90

grayjedi90

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there?
★★★★
3h9ircg01ws31.png

Yes yeah uhuh true yep yup I did that is true that did happen fuck math

Yes, my IQ's too low to understand it.

the second one is just stuff you learn later in geometry though, don't really remember but not hard

Yes. I failed first year of HS because of math.

Math is the only lesson that i can tolerate in college tbh. The other things seems to be too monotone for me.

Yes, my IQ's too low to understand it.
As a fellow low iq cel I feel you. God what was I thinking when I quit my wageslave job and started studying computer engineering lol. Quit it after two semesters cause math and physics broke my neck. Well back to wageslavery then...

Yes i did still do :feelstrash:

No, it was really easy because I have high iq

As a fellow low iq cel I feel you. God what was I thinking when I quit my wageslave job and started studying computer engineering lol. Quit it after two semesters cause math and physics broke my neck. Well back to wageslavery then...

In high school I had chosen to study programming and computer science JFL. Big mistake. Teacher was fat, bald, with ugly jaw and eye area, an absolute truecel if it wasn't for his height. He was very boring and not good at teaching, at the end of the year he gave a test so dumb that was almost impossible to screw up since there were mostly basic questions just to promote everyone.

Last edited:
In high school I had chosen to study programming and computer science JFL. Big mistake. Teacher was fat, bald, with ugly jaw and eye area, an absolute truecel if it wasn't for his height. He was very boring and not good at teaching, at the end of the year he gave a test so dumb that was almost impossible to screw up since there were mostly basic questions just to promote everyone.
I was studying at college which is entirely different niveau. But i can believe it that a high school teacher could pull that shit off lol

i was and still am dumb as fuck what do you think

Yes, teachers were absolute shit at teaching it, they never helped me just told to memorize shit. I can't wait until ppl realize teachers are glorified babysitters and let class be taught by best rated youtube videos.

I'm very autistic in these subjects, it seems I was meant to do one thing and one thing only = history. Low paying job too because too high inhib to write articles etc.

no.

math was my favorite subject. if I was smart enough and the major payed more I’d major in physics or mathematics

Idk, but I like reading radom Math articles on wikipedia.

I'll write something about this.

I enjoy learning math but hated school

Math is killing my college studyceling rn

I hated the math proofs. But besides that it was ok. Math is mostly grind till u git gud.

Yes. It's one of the main reasons why i dropped out of highschool.

Math was one of the two subjects I didn't hate.

I think people say they hate math at school because of two main reasons and the first leads to the second.

1. School doesn't teach the beauty of Math.

It is not about numbers, formulae nor equations and their solutions. Math is the art of being 100% right 100% of the time about the things our minds can enumerate, compare, measure, sort, group, divide et cetera. Is not limited to what we can observe but extends to all that can be hypothesized. There is no place for empty or irresponsible claims and mere opinion is worth the same as shit, but there is room for doubt and amazement. It is the simplest and purest combination of creativity and argumentation. Schools don't need to teach you that.

The best schools will only train you to solve a bunch of tailored problems required to get a superficial understanding of procedures that will be required in the next training session, for example: In elementary school, you study basic polynomials and algebra and do exercises to be able to study functions and do exercises in high school, to then be able to study calculus and doing derivatives, finding primitives, to be able to maybe study differential equations in a STEM course when, at least in theory, you will be asked to use some of that to solve a few "real world" problems and realize how you wasted the golden years of your brain aimlessly piling up information. Argumentation became just a detail. Use in real life is rarely considered.

Do you think the mathematicians whose theorems you tried to memorize had that type of training? Of course not. Those men from the past had not only high IQ but also real education.

The engraving in Plato's Academy "Let no-one ignorant of geometry enter." sums up what was required of a philosopher: 1. To be scrupulous and precise when dealing with concepts, 2. To have the power of abstraction to transcend from what is particular to what is universal, 3. To be able to convey ideas and engage in argumentation. Funny to think that Geometry today is quite possibly the most hated subject in school Math.

This lack of both beauty and applicability is probably what leads to the second problem.

2. Studying school math is memorizing step-by-step procedures.

A math test at school is not asking you for an elegant rational discourse but is instead asking you to perform a procedure which, if you were lucky, was taught and practiced in many variations.

Now think of something that is not logical, has no use and is not beautiful. Whatever you thought of is just a pain... like Math. And when it comes to Math, some people are more successful in getting rid of the annoyance it brings. They're the high IQ students, which are more efficient in pattern recognition. The brainlet student in the other hand has to struggle with a clutter of operations, conventions and shorthands that do not follow a rational line from beginning to end. They are like ugly babies trying to put back together the pieces of a dismantled cheap plastic toy when instead they should be beautiful blue-eyed toddlers playing with building blocks, stacking logical implications on top of a solid foundation of definitions and theorems using only what's necessary, giving shape to a beautiful and motivating result at the end. Not surprisingly, year after year, Math becomes increasingly less appealing until people start quitting and turning to subjects who are not nearly as deep as math.

Math moggs all sciences boyos. Some say Math is the Stacy of sciences.Do you guys agree with me? Did you guys ever felt slightly interested in any area of math? Number theory (which includes cryptography) ? Statistics (which is the base of many blackpill studies) ? Not even Sacred Geometry and shit like that ?

Is the frustration of not understanding the main reason you dislike it? I would like to know.

Yes, teachers were absolute shit at teaching it, they never helped me just told to memorize shit. I can't wait until ppl realize teachers are glorified babysitters and let class be taught by best rated youtube videos.

I was still a kid when I realized school is just daycare in disguise. And that realization made my school life exponentially more frustrating in the years that came.

I hated biology the most ngl
Biology was aids too
Math was one of the two subjects I didn't hate.

I think people say they hate math at school because of two main reasons and the first leads to the second.

1. School doesn't teach the beauty of Math.

It is not about numbers, formulae nor equations and their solutions. Math is the art of being 100% right 100% of the time about the things our minds can enumerate, compare, measure, sort, group, divide et cetera. Is not limited to what we can observe but extends to all that can be hypothesized. There is no place for empty or irresponsible claims and mere opinion is worth the same as shit, but there is room for doubt and amazement. It is the simplest and purest combination of creativity and argumentation. Schools don't need to teach you that.

The best schools will only train you to solve a bunch of tailored problems required to get a superficial understanding of procedures that will be required in the next training session, for example: In elementary school, you study basic polynomials and algebra and do exercises to be able to study functions and do exercises in high school, to then be able to study calculus and doing derivatives, finding primitives, to be able to maybe study differential equations in a STEM course when, at least in theory, you will be asked to use some of that to solve a few "real world" problems and realize how you wasted the golden years of your brain aimlessly piling up information. Argumentation became just a detail. Use in real life is rarely considered.

Do you think the mathematicians whose theorems you tried to memorize had that type of training? Of course not. Those men from the past had not only high IQ but also real education.

The engraving in Plato's Academy "Let no-one ignorant of geometry enter." sums up what was required of a philosopher: 1. To be scrupulous and precise when dealing with concepts, 2. To have the power of abstraction to transcend from what is particular to what is universal, 3. To be able to convey ideas and engage in argumentation. Funny to think that Geometry today is quite possibly the most hated subject in school Math.

This lack of both beauty and applicability is probably what leads to the second problem.

2. Studying school math is memorizing step-by-step procedures.

A math test at school is not asking you for an elegant rational discourse but is instead asking you to perform a procedure which, if you were lucky, was taught and practiced in many variations.

Now think of something that is not logical, has no use and is not beautiful. Whatever you thought of is just a pain... like Math. And when it comes to Math, some people are more successful in getting rid of the annoyance it brings. They're the high IQ students, which are more efficient in pattern recognition. The brainlet student in the other hand has to struggle with a clutter of operations, conventions and shorthands that do not follow a rational line from beginning to end. They are like ugly babies trying to put back together the pieces of a dismantled cheap plastic toy when instead they should be beautiful blue-eyed toddlers playing with building blocks, stacking logical implications on top of a solid foundation of definitions and theorems using only what's necessary, giving shape to a beautiful and motivating result at the end. Not surprisingly, year after year, Math becomes increasingly less appealing until people start quitting and turning to subjects who are not nearly as deep as math.

Math moggs all sciences boyos. Some say Math is the Stacy of sciences.Do you guys agree with me? Did you guys ever felt slightly interested in any area of math? Number theory (which includes cryptography) ? Statistics (which is the base of many blackpill studies) ? Not even Sacred Geometry and shit like that ?

Is the frustration of not understanding the main reason you dislike it? I would like to know.

I was still a kid when I realized school is just daycare in disguise. And that realization made my school life exponentially more frustrating in the years that came.
TL;DR?