Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Any truckdrivercels?

Socialretard79

Socialretard79

Recruit
★★★
I'm thinking about getting my cdl to make more than the 12/ hour I currently do. I'm retarded so it's pretty much right up my alley. My uncle and a few cousins were truck drivers and they're some of the most retarded people I know

Truck drivers can make a lot if you buy your own truck. But that takes a while to get to.

Falsify your logs so you can drive over your hours, and ask your employer to pay you an extra rate for those extra miles. You’ll make bank.

Falsify your logs so you can drive over your hours, and ask your employer to pay you an extra rate for those extra miles. You’ll make bank.
Is that even possible with the bigger companies (ones more likely to hire new drivers) anymore? I thought they were all logging gps etc

I nearly became a HGV driver but didn't in the end. Worked around haulage for many years though.

You should DM @OwnerOpcell

He has also made some threads about truck driving as a job if you search through his posts.

Is that even possible with the bigger companies (ones more likely to hire new drivers) anymore? I thought they were all logging gps etc
Not with big companies no. The big companies will give you barely any miles. The small ones have incentive to give you a ton of miles. The more freight they run the more money they make. There are some ELDs with a backdoor built in where you can edit your hours.

When it comes to picking a trailer stay away from vans. Go with a flatbed, stepdeck, or even better a stretch trailer or RGN. If you get a stepdeck make sure you get metal load levelers. Get a 53' trailer instead of a 48'. All of the real money in trucking is in the flatbed/stepdeck and heavy/specialized stuff. Van freight is worthless. If you aren't good at using load boards find yourself a good dispatcher. There's good money in trucking if you can get the high paying loads, minimize deadhead, and establish routes that you run regularly.

And the days of falsifying logs ended several years ago. Everyone is on electronic logs now.

Last edited:
Long haul and overnight trucking might be the ideal truecel job if you don't have much education and you can overcome the driver license pill (@LastGerman ). A work environment and social environment marked by splendid isolation and solitude, far away from oppresive normie society and its bullies. Plus you get to capitalise on the fact that you have nothing going on outside of the conventional office hours/normal work week.

Too bad trucking as career will be gone by the end of the decade as self driving technology is pretty much inevitable at this point, especially on commercial vehicles that in ideal scenarios are in operation 100% of time. In trucks a self driving system that costs >100K is still viable, so before self driving ever catches on in the consumer market, all of the commercial vehicles will already be automated.

Last edited:
Long haul truck drivers are some of the biggest fuckin weirdos you will ever meet in your life. Most cels would fit right in.

Long haul truck drivers are some of the biggest fuckin weirdos you will ever meet in your life. Most cels would fit right in.

Yeah, most industries/employment areas suited to truecels are full of asocial weirdos. Low tier warehouse workers are like this, delivery drivers who have no contact with clients, night time taxi drivers in bad areas, people who work in remote forestry or security or mining or industrial settings in dirty, lonely jobs that require little to no communication.

Last edited:
Not trying to hijack thread but I also have a trucker question. What about hot shot trucking ? Seems it would be easier to get into since the truck would be cheaper and smaller and maybe not even require a cdl depending on various factors. Thoughts on hotshot trucking?

What you can haul will be limited compared to a real 48' or 53' flatbed. Hotshots are usually 40' long and max out at around 13K to 17k lbs. There's still plenty of freight for them though. I used to use them all the time during time periods where capacity was scarce.

They are cheap but they get beaten up a lot more and have to be replaced more frequently than a real truck and trailer.

Also no cab. So for long haul I guess you could stay in hotels or something.

And there are lots of little companies with hotshots. You might have a lot of competition.

Last edited:
What you can haul will be limited compared to a real 48' or 53' flatbed. Hotshots are usually 40' long and max out at around 13K to 17k lbs. There's still plenty of freight for them though. I used to use them all the time during time periods where capacity was scarce.

They are cheap but they get beaten up a lot more and have to be replaced more frequently than a real truck and trailer.

Also no cab. So for long haul I guess you could stay in hotels or something.

And there are lots of little companies with hotshots. You might have a lot of competition.
Plenty of hot shots out here hauling containers on flat beds being pulled by a pick up.
For competition there’s competition everywhere in transport.
Transportation is a high over head low margin highly competitive cut throat industry.
9CBA91C5 630D 44C9 93E0 2ADBB6FF7620

Top money is definitely flatbed but flat bed is most effected by economy. When the shutdown occurred finding flatbed freight was next to impossible. Truck stops were packed with flatbeders that couldn’t get freight.

temprature control is a good one. Temperature control rates went up during the pandemic. People still need food.

ive only ever done dry van.
Hauled everything from pallets to high end electronics. The company I’m contracted to now seems to haul mostly industrial goods and semiproducts. Hauling consumer goods come with its own aggravation. Lumpers
Why in the hell should I have to pay to have freight you ordered taken off the trailer.

auto haulers can make pretty good money as well as executive movers. Lot of money in hazmat/tanker as well but I have no interest in either.

when I start building my fleet I’m going to diversify a bit. Probably go flatbed/dry van
Hot shot with sleeper
6F9FE12B AB51 4E64 985C F6901D6D9F16

best money in trucking if you have the social skills is definitely the freight broker.
Charge the customer as much as you can
Pay the truck as little as you can
And leave as much for yourself in the middle that you can.

its the bigger companies swift jb etc that really drive down rates when you have 100s of trucks smaller margins aren’t that big of deal compared to someone with 5 trucks.

Only thing I don’t like about the current markets is it’s not free it’s controlled.
When new regs are proposed they are usually backed by the big 4 as new regs puts pressure on the smaller carriers.
kind of the same situation that happened in nyc with the taxis.
An immigrant could come over work hard buy him self a car, write taxi on it and now he was a business man.
Big companies didn’t like that and proposed the medallion scam which drove them all back to being employees.
Reliable auto carriers out of nj has probably the best fleet I’ve seen very few of their trucks have a standard sleeper most are highly customized
5AF88F83 6D29 418D 89FF 72CD89070F87

Kenworth now has an agreement with ari as well so you can order the custom sleeper as opposed to the standard sizes offered which I think right now the biggest offered is 86in studio
Pays gone up for new drivers as well when I started with swift back in 09 I was getting .24 a mile. Stayed with them 6 months then jumped to Schneider making .42 a mile.
worked for a smaller company for a while where I was paid a percentage of the line haul that was nice.
Worked for another small company running a dedicated route from nh to nyc paid by mileage from nh to nyc but as soon as I was on Coca Cola property I was paid by the hour.
A few companies up in Canada have switched over to an hourly pay, should trickle down here in a few years.

Last edited:
Freight brokering requires you to be fast, organized, and have excellent social skills. You need to be able to talk the customer into giving you as much money as possible and talk drivers into taking sometimes undesirable loads for less money than they want. There’s excellent money to be made but not everyone is cut out for it.

Driving is probably better for cels and brokering is more for sociopathic Chad types.

Last edited:
Freight brokering requires you to be fast, organized, and have excellent social skills. You need to be able to talk the customer into giving you as much money as possible and talk drivers into taking sometimes undesirable loads for less money than they want. There’s excellent money to be made but not everyone is cut out for it.

Driving is probably better for cels and brokering is more for sociopathic Chad types.
Agree 100% on the sociopathic chad type in brokering.
A lot of the dispatchers are those types as well. Collage educated people that go home every day that have never been in a truck that think they know better than you.
56D75FCB 5164 4D19 BB4E 033DBF5049A3

not bad a bad load there if independent would probably take it.
Around 242 in fuel for the trip, 8 hours from Baltimore to barre. Trick is getting back the hell out of New England for a decent price.
Rates heading west east usually high. Coming out of ne low with the lowest being Florida most o/o avoid Florida and New England
Looks like rates are higher in New England today surprised.
19939617 1B17 4B73 86DC 50A290021ABD

E4AAAC7D 6D3C 4E96 B457 F511C0E0D27F

Last edited:
Yeah Florida and New England suck. Rarely anything coming back out of those places paying much of anything

truck driving simulator is a good game to practise your skills

A lot of the dispatchers are those types as well. Collage educated people that go home every day that have never been in a truck that think they know better than you.
View attachment 383860
Around 242 in fuel for the trip, 8 hours from Baltimore to barre. Trick is getting back the hell out of New England for a decent price.
Rates heading west east usually high. Coming out of ne low with the lowest being Florida most o/o avoid Florida and New England
View attachment 383862
View attachment 383863
What app is that? Assuming it is one. I've only been skimming the thread

What app is that? Assuming it is one. I've only been skimming the thread
Trucker path
Great app shows parking locations including hidden ones off the beaten path.
Also shows what the dot is up to
It all requires feedback though from other drivers about what’s going on so far it’s been great better than a cb

View attachment 383860
View attachment 383862
View attachment 383863
At least you get some nice scenery I mean as far as the eastern US is considered.

At least you get some nice scenery I mean as far as the eastern US is considered.
Yes the scenery can be nice went the back roads through Indiana to Illinois once that was very nice. Always a joy to be up in New Hampshire or Maine as well.
Worst part about it is all the damn traffic, I try to go no further east then Pennsylvania unless I’m going home

Yes the scenery can be nice went the back roads through Indiana to Illinois once that was very nice.
Agreed. The quality of the roads are also way better than right on the east coast imo.
Always a joy to be up in New Hampshire or Maine as well.
Scenery there reminds you more of Canada than the US tbh it's the classic New England scenery.
Worst part about it is all the damn traffic, I try to go no further east then Pennsylvania unless I’m going home
That region is heavily built up and it seems like the sky is the limit to how much more built up it can get so not surprised the traffic has gotten worse over the years tbh

Agreed. The quality of the roads are also way better than right on the east coast imo.

Scenery there reminds you more of Canada than the US tbh it's the classic New England scenery.

That region is heavily built up and it seems like the sky is the limit to how much more built up it can get so not surprised the traffic has gotten worse over the years tbh
Go far enough north in any canada border state and you’d swear they were Canadian.
being from New England I’m use to the traffic it just lowers productivity 2-3 hours for something that should take 30 minutes really
cuts into the log book great if payed by hour not so much when by mile
Why I hate nyc delivery takes all day to do with barely enough time if any left to get over to the service plaza in Jersey.

Last edited: