Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Any of you ever celebrated a proper birthday ?

I

incelord

Greycel
Not for me tho
Not even once since the childhood
Even my parents forget my birthday and
Noone in my uni wishes me either
This year I decided to celebrate it myself but then I thought what's the point
Birthdays are celebrated with people and crowd which determines the importance of your living how much your worth
After that I went home sad and played some COD warfare

Birthdays are Western thing. Almost to no one celebrates that here in Morocco except in big westernized cities and literally no one gives a fuck except like "oh, it is my birthday, one more year lived, one less year to die".

That's brutal

I usually celebrate it with just my parents

Yes. My parents would always make me have a birthday dinner with my family, even if I didn't want a party. It was still nice of them, I got to pick the resturant and got presents from my other relatives. Last year and the year before, my bio dad sent me a text on my birthday. The first time I didn't know it was him because I hadn't saved his number yet.

Haven't since I was 10

Yes when I was a kid and the last time was in elementary in 3rd or 4th grade. I started crying because everyone was so loud and started screaming at them and throwing things

Birthdays are Western thing. Almost to no one celebrates that here in Morocco except in big westernized cities and literally no one gives a fuck except like "oh, it is my birthday, one more year lived, one less year to die".
In general its mostly kids that are excited for their birthdays. No adult cares here either. Being excited about your birthday is a normie thing since you have friends that care about you and you'll celebrate, drink , have fun. I remember my 18th birthday being depressing as fuck i didn't do anything.

oh, it is my birthday, one more year lived, one less year to die
This was the mindset in my family also since always. We never celebrated anything. My dad would get mad at people who celebrate New Year's eve and such.

My parents use to celebrate my birthday when I was little but now they don't care as the baggage i have become