Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious any OCD ((cel)) here ?

hateful insul

hateful insul

Self-banned
-
are here any OCD (((cels))) ?
how do you struggle with it and how do you cope with it ?
i want others with this disease to give me more insights on how to cope with it

OCD is for twats.

Drink beers and stuff

I can only rly loosen up and feel at peace or enjoy any kind of recreational activity while drunk tbh

Even just a can or two as like a placebo effect to get u in the mood for it without stressing about other things you know what I mean

Not diagnosed with anything

But I have thoughts that I can't control. Especially if I'm around a lot of people (like in a bus, or at work). I think f the most offensive shit you can think off, and when I try to not think about it, I think about it more. And I'm scared that I might say something out loud. It got to the point of me biting the inside of my mouth to make sure it's not open. But that doesn't help.
i have rituals , or perhaps i used to , it's getting better
yeah those intrusive thoughts i struggled with them since i was a kid that's how i got diagnosed at 13 because it caused me severe insomnia , also used to wash my hands frequently and organize my desk depens on the day of the week (before puberty)
it's hell

Brain Lock is worth a read but otherwise I've coped with booze but became alcoholic somewhere along the way.

Eat only healthy food for a month and see if it goes away.

I used to in childhood, i would walk on patterned tiles, count 5 times to 5, set everything on its place, kept everything clean, check the stowe if its on, scratches or discolorations would drive me insane.

Then i decided to let everything to go to hell and surronded myself with unorganized chaos, it bothered me insanely first few weeks and after a year i stopped caring for the surroundings.

I still check things 20 times when i go somewhere.

I have all sorts of OCD, between harm, racism, straight up sociopaths, and then POCD. How I cope is to remember that I get some thoughts that are straight up ridiculous, like fucking a cat, or some other fuckshit, then I realize, wait... NICE THEORY... BUT YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT SOMETHING I'D EVER DO.

Those thoughts are not you, and if you suffer from them, that means you likely are very moral.

Having said that, it could also be a symptom of being deprived of something, so you develop fantasies that are rather dark and would become less severe once you start doing the little things to stand up for yourself or take what you want before it goes to the extremes.

Drink beers and stuff
real answer here @hateful insul

you cant shut up your intrusive thoughts without shutting up all your thoughts. this is the idea behind medicating for mental illness.

i thought i got over ocd because i got over a lot of my obsessions and stopped doing rituals for them but then i just got new ones. your ocd will just keep coming back in new ways when you get better. its just something you will have to live with for the rest of your life

You could try keto diet because it increases GABA and decreases glutamate

"They found that individuals with OCD had higher levels of glutamate in the CSF than psychiatrically healthy controls."

You could try keto diet because it increases GABA and decreases glutamate

"They found that individuals with OCD had higher levels of glutamate in the CSF than psychiatrically healthy controls."
i've been doing that along side fasting before reading it online because it simply makes things better , i also realized eating carbs upset my stomach and make me very fidgety

I have all sorts of OCD, between harm, racism, straight up sociopaths, and then POCD. How I cope is to remember that I get some thoughts that are straight up ridiculous, like fucking a cat, or some other fuckshit, then I realize, wait... NICE THEORY... BUT YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT SOMETHING I'D EVER DO.

Those thoughts are not you, and if you suffer from them, that means you likely are very moral.

Having said that, it could also be a symptom of being deprived of something, so you develop fantasies that are rather dark and would become less severe once you start doing the little things to stand up for yourself or take what you want before it goes to the extremes.
How are you coping with your OCD? I think i’m very similar to you in terms of having constant intrusive thoughts

How are you coping with your OCD? I think i’m very similar to you in terms of having constant intrusive thoughts
Arguably better... Though it did flair up a bit at some point, but... so long as I keep myself busy it's nonexistent.