Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Any monster fish enthusiasts here?

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
Everything regarding predatory/potentially dangerous fish in the aquarium/wild.
Includes for example: Snakeheads, tigerfish, vampire tetras, anglerfish, moray eels, pufferfish, eel gobies, etc.
If so: Post your favorite animals. Mine: Xenentodon cancila & Acestorhynchus sp.
I want to return to monster fish communities some day. And would like to know if anyone here was once passionate about these animals too.

I love(d) that shit back then.
There were people in my country that made entire wikis about predatory fish (where they summarized/collected all the relevant articles & books) and there were many forums for the keepers of predatory fish.
Back then the Internet alone was such a highly personalized experience. The old shitty web design of the early 2000s had such a unique charme. And people willingly shared their knowledge with others, because what does knowledge bring to someone if he is unwilling to share it with others? Shared fun is the best fun.
Now most websites/forums are down.

And the law tried to ruin the fun too. Snakeheads/channids for example are completely illegal in the EU, the same as moray eels (or many poisonous fish like lionfish/scorpion fish) in the most free and best Germany we ever had.
The aquarium trade became cucked, back then I saw so many rarities, it was lifefuel to see Payaras/Trahiras/snakeheads/morays/polypterids/tigerfish/amiids/etc. back then. Now I rarely visit stores anymore, because guppies/neons every fag already knows.
Some of it is (however) even a good development, back then for example the Giant Snakehead (Channa micropeltes) was sometimes sold as a very young animal for cheap prices, at this age it had a beautiful color/was very small, but it not only lost its color (due to ontogenetic colour changes), but also grew to ~1.5m in size (which had to be quite a surprise for most unknowing buyers).

Luckily nobody truly enthusiastic about that gives a fuck anyways and has a lack of knowledge in that regard.

I like angler fish and the giant squids that live right at the bottom of the sea. It's like aliens but on earth. One day I wanna take a submarine down the Marianas trench like James Cameron did.

I like angler fish and the giant squids that live right at the bottom of the sea. It's like aliens but on earth. One day I wanna take a submarine down the Marianas trench like James Cameron did.
Based.
There are some anglerfish that are keepable though.
Like the frogfish.
There is even a freshwater frogfish (Antennarius biocellatus), but it should be kept in brackish water - the same with so-called fresh water moray eels like Gymnothorax tile, Gymnothorax polyuranodon (although many think that this one is catadromous), etc.
The deep sea though is incredibly based, particularly the sharks, jellyfish and anglerfish of course.
With deep sea anglerfish the sexual dimorphism is quite interesting, males are extremely small, they melt with the female and then become reduced until only their reproductive organs (for fertilization purposes) remain.

You might like the show River Monsters with this guy Jeremy Wade.

You might like the show River Monsters with this guy Jeremy Wade.
Thank you.
Love(d) that show.
The best episode is the one with the Goonch (for me).
What did you like best?

Thank you.
Love(d) that show.
What did you like best?
I liked the ones with the Arapaima.

I liked the ones with the Arapaima.
Arapaimas are based, they can breath atmospheric air too due to accessoric respiratory organs.
Saw them irl btw. They are kept in Berlin & in Kopenhagen & other zoos. Impressive fish.
Many fish can breath atmospheric air btw. Like the weatherfish from my country (which uses its intestine for that). Some lungfish can even drown.
:cryfeels:

my dad watches that show where they catch giant fish, don't get the appeal tbh. I do like aquariums tho, had some as a kid. It's a good cope

I watched river monsters and a similar show a long time ago but besides that I don't have too much experience

Thank you.
Love(d) that show.
What did you like best?
I loved the episode with the Taimen. The Goonch one was good as well.

I want to return to monster fish communities some day. And would like to know if anyone here was once passionate about these animals too.
Do you know about Rough fishing or micro-fishing?

My favorite fish is the lamprey